The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

The picture proves it onside not offside

what are you taking about? The pick is in the zone, who cares what the other player in doing? 

Yeah that's the first frame with the puck in the zone. Check the back skate of the middle player. 

• Cheers 3

Just now, KyoNami said:

Bruh a bad loss and instantly it's such a negative attitude in here... 

If it were a one off, that'd be one thing, but there are some alarming trends that were put on full display tonight. The team's inability to start strong. Their inability to close out games against decent teams. The complete lack of pressure when defending. Bad player deployment in the 3rd. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

theres a new rule now. if he has control of the puck it still counts.

When hockey was first conceptualized there was a rule that if you enter the zone before the puck carrier you are offside and the play is blown dead. Contrary to your belief this rule still exists therefore you are wrong.

13 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don’t think Green finishes the season here. I’m interested to see what he says in the post game presser, taking some responsibility for an irretrievably stupid decision would be a good start. Yikes. 

Did you see his expression to challenge, he had that hopey-changy kinda look. Give it a whirl!

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1 and 2. Markstrom was sick

3. That WAS offside

His leash did get a bit shorter With this road trip though. 

That play was not offside 

as much as I am a homer it was onside 

no other player crossed and if the puck proceeded Malkin.. which it didn’t, they would rule he had it in control 

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

If anyone’s to Blame it’s the Petey Brock line with crappy defence. I think they where out there on all the 3rd period Penguin goals.

anywho just hope they learn from this.

on to the next game

Agreed, Boeser was really lacking on defense today.  I'm really glad that we didn't break the bank on him this offseason.  He has to improve a lot defensively if he wants to get an 8 million/year deal.  

1 minute ago, Seinfeld said:

Trade Boeser in a hockey deal, one-for-one. 

Kyler Connor, Travis Konecny, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Matthew Tkachuk (oh what could've been).

In comparison, these players are substantially better in all areas of the game save for Boeser's shot, which hasn't been that effective for a while now if we're being honest. 

I like Boeser but we have to realize rookie season Boeser is likely never coming back and changes need to be made. 

If im being honest, Boeser dosen't seem to fit in with greens system. If we get another coach and he still isn't producing then we can go to these conclusions

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Whatever...it was just a November regular season game at lest it wasn’t a playoff game 7.

just hope Canucks learn and grow from this.

You have to differentiate between the players and the management on this one.  The players have to improve, see what they did that was not good enough.

The management?  Green has to go, the CULTURE has to improve.  Standards, quality. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That play was not offside 

as much as I am a homer it was onside 

no other player crossed and if the puck proceeded Malkin.. which it didn’t, they would rule he had it in control 

How is it onside when his teammates skate is off the ice making him offside?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Hey, not up to me to argue for JB. It's up to him to convince Aqua that his hands are somewhat clean with Willie.

I think he'll got his hands full one explaining Louie Eriksson being bought out or paid to play in the minors....unless he's going to blame that one on Linden as well.:)

Fact is though, I don't think Green is going anywhere.  One game shouldn't decide the fate of a coach.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

Bummed to see the game end this way.

That 2nd period was pretty exciting. Full of energy and compete. 

Overall, we worked much harder than we did in Philly.

Good for the players to experience a period like that in the 2nd and early 3rd.

Hope this game gave them some confidence.

Even when we are not on our game like we were in the 1st, we still have a chance to come back. 

Keep grinding away. 

Pens looked good. Malkin was a beast. 

They played hard on EP40 and in the end, they had enough talents and experience to dig themselves out of 6-3 hole. 

I didnt like that last coaches' challenge. But I am not in position to judge.  

Hate to see the result but there were some positives that we definitely should take with us to the next game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Teammates skate was off the ice, it was offside. 

They have an ice angle video 

the puck was already in the zone at that point 

if we are trying to blame a 7-6 loss I. A video replay instead of our awful coach we are looking in the wrong direction 

• Upvote 1

Haven't posted in a while had to chime in on this one. To the people saying learn from this, this has already happened once to us. This times it's unacceptable to give up a 3 goal lead once again and 5 in the 3rd. Coaching staff should definitely be on the hot seat after this one. Boeser and Edler were horrid. Boeser needs to learn and move his feet in the defensesive zone and maybe connect on some of this one timers he's always dealt. This was an ugly one smh. 

• Upvote 4