The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

It takes a very skilled player to get the chances Brock did, maybe he needs to add some fakes or deeks to his arsenal, but I have a feeling he’s going to have a break out game soon.

Or sometimes the other teams goalie is just having one of those nights where he stops everything he sees.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Boston in 7

No thanks. I don't see how so many Canucks fans would cheer for a puke worthy disgusting American franchise over our own provinces... 

Leafs are my least favourite Canadian team sure, but at the end of the day, I'd rather die that continue watching puke worth American fans get joy from their teams winning. 

Kerfoot is right, half this hatred is from media coverage jealousy. Who cares? You know how many millions of Toronto fans would die to live in Vancouver? 

I'll cheer for Toronto 10x over any American team. :sick:

As for the game, we played like the better team. Just couldn't solve Anderson 

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

So us having multiple breakaways?  Toronto wasn't the big bad powerhouse and if Andersen hadn't stopped those, it would have been a different game.  Gotta bury those, but "chances" means one teams playing better (or equal to) the other.

Andersen won them that game, plain and simple.   Canucks played hard..especially in the first where they came out with jump and Ferland was engaged and keeping them in check.  The Canucks also could have had 3-4 more goals.  The Leafs did one thing we need to do more of (and it's how we did score on them)...plant in front of the net.  TO got deflections.  They also got luckier with bounces, etc....happens.

Your anger is displaced.  Was frustrating to lose to the Leafs, but your assessment isn't "the" (correct) one.  Wasn't perfect but the effort was there.

Unfortunately assesments are like opinions right?

And like arseholes we all have one, right or wrong, correct or incorrect.

Perhaps it was the beers speaking? 

11 minutes ago, apollo said:

No thanks. I don't see how so many Canucks fans would cheer for a puke worthy disgusting American franchise over our own provinces... 

Leafs are my least favourite Canadian team sure, but at the end of the day, I'd rather die that continue watching puke worth American fans get joy from their teams winning. 

Kerfoot is right, half this hatred is from media coverage jealousy. Who cares? You know how many millions of Toronto fans would die to live in Vancouver? 

I'll cheer for Toronto 10x over any American team. :sick:

As for the game, we played like the better team. Just couldn't solve Anderson 

Agree with this sentiment 100%*.  It was extremely distressing seeing Canucks fans cheering for the Bruin's last year but it all worked out for the best in the end :lol:.  Seeing that disgusting team, with their ridiculous media and urine stained jerseys, get so close to the cup only to have their hopes and dreams dashed at the last possible second was the most satisfying ending to season shy of a Canucks championship.

*But still, $%#% the Leafs

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Trying to figure out why the Canucks played the perimeter game against Toronto. Is Muzzin that fearsome of a defenseman that no Canuck forward wanted to get into the dirty areas? The roster should still have enough heft to stake out a piece of the ice around the net rather than firing muffins from the hashmarks. Something Green is going to have to figure out.

That's how it looked to me as well, but I wonder if Travis Green sees it differently:

“I thought it was one of our better games and out of our last 10, it was one of our top couple of games. I like our whole game and maybe the last five minutes of the second period, we turned pucks over a couple of times inside their blue line. But we made a really strong push in the third (outshooting the Leafs 16-8) and sometimes you play really well and you lose. You have to be honest with your assessment and they (Leafs) are a really good team. The first two periods were fantastic hockey and we were a little unlucky to be down two — but that’s how it goes sometimes in close games."

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah. The shot totals look good, but don't tell the whole story. It would be good to hear someone ask Green why the majority of the shots were from the perimeter.

Because Morgan Reilly is a goddam beast around the crease.

Boxes out better than Chara and meaner than Pronger.

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

It takes a very skilled player to get the chances Brock did, maybe he needs to add some fakes or deeks to his arsenal, but I have a feeling he’s going to have a break out game soon.

Or add a deke or fake, pretty clear every goalie knows he'll just shoot.  

24 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The obvious take aways from last night -

Canucks didn't get nearly enough traffic in front of Anderson. 

Too much cute passing for perimeter shots.

Anderson was good.

I hate losing to Toronto

I agree

I've noticed games where the Canucks amass shots like last night, they are mostly predictable.

Nights like that they need to just throw the puck on net and get a couple garbage goals like leivos last night

• Cheers 1

From what ive noticed this year Brocks wrist injury took about 25% off his shot its no longer feared as it once was and please bro get some dekes going dont just shoot at the goalie 

o for on breakaways that couldve ended the game if that was petey all 3 of those breakaways go in 

• Upvote 1