The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Montreal Canadiens at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

4 points from a playoff spot but 4 points from last in the conference,  it's a tight year and anything can happen but we need a big change in a bad way.

Eriksson should have been dealt with by October 15th... so... not sure if this will happen as quickly as we all want.

DeBoer looks like a logical choice, and there have been enough teams with fired coaches that the Canucks might want to pick him up before it's too late.

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

I don’t know how Green can say the PK was sound structurally when they left Shea Weber wide open for a few bombs from his office. That PK collapses down way to easy, the opponent’s PP has tons of time and space to figure out what they want to do. 
1 of the several issues this team needs to work on NOW, the PK. Don’t get me started on our first unit on the PP. :picard:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Do you think they should wait until the end of this homestand or fire him tomorrow?  I thought he was vulnerable to firing after the Vegas game, tbh, especially after losing those games when they had decent leads. 

I think they're reaching out to the coach they have in mind.. hopefully DeBoer.. once they have him lined up they'll let Green go...

Guaranteed they'll be having meetings regarding coaching change tomorrow... Whether they do it or not is another story but they'll be sitting down discussing it for sure.

Aqua won't put up with this for much longer.. this team is supposed to be competitive this season...

Greens system is being exposed by opposing coaches and he's failing to make adjustments.. he's a one trick pony.. dump and chase. Doesn't have any thing up his sleeves to make changes to his systems 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tystick said:

Benning's not the problem.

We have enough talent to make the playoffs.

It's our strategy that seems to be an uphill battle for everyone.

I don't believe we have the talent, certainly not on defense.  It's not reasonable to expect to succeed when a team does not have top pairing D.  Canucks have 1, repeat 1, potential/probable 1st. pairing D (Hughes) who JUST TURNED 20 years old.  There are 2 x 2nd. pairing D (Edler/Myers) and 1, possibly 2, 3rd. paring D (Tanev & possibly Benn).  The balance are extra pairing D and there is little in the way of prospective 1st. pairing D in the system. This has been the problem for the past several years.  Look around the league and you'll find that every top rated team has a minimum of 2 bona fide 1st. pairing D and the other playoff bound teams have at least 1 bona fide 1st. pair d. The team will continue to disappoint until they have a legitimate NHL calibre defense.    Just my opinion.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

I don’t know how Green can say the PK was sound structurally when they left Shea Weber wide open for a few bombs from his office. That PK collapses down way to easy, the opponent’s PP has tons of time and space to figure out what they want to do. 
1 of the several issues this team needs to work on NOW, the PK. Don’t get me started on our first unit on the PP. :picard:

That Weber goal the puck was bouncing all over the place.  That's why the goalie was so out of position too not just Tanev.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadianRugby said:

That Weber goal the puck was bouncing all over the place.  That's why the goalie was so out of position too not just Tanev.  

It was not his goal I was referring to. It were all those wide open shots he had from the point during their PP. He had about 2-3 in quick succession with nobody challenging him.

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Vegas Penguins Oilers next 3 games.. then Xmas break...

I don't see us winning any of those games..

Green won't last long.. he'll be gone after these 3 games coming up . They might not want to fire him a week before Xmas but his contract is guaranteed. He's signed thru next year.. it's not like he's losing his paycheck..

Id remove him tomorrow morning and bring in DeBoer...

I bet we’ll win 2 out of those 3 games by a slim margin and everything will be back to normal.

I mean, that’s how it goes, right? Lose 2......win 2.....lose 1.......win 1. Rinse and repeat.

• Cheers 1