The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Wild Jan 12, 2020 - 1pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Kassian doesn't get it.  Tkachuk went after him 3 times because he knew that eventually Kassian would lose it.  Kassian would respond the same way again he says.  

Tkachuk is smarter than he looks.  He plays Kassian for a fool and purposely does not fight so they get the power play.  "And we'll take the game winner and first place"

This is pure gamesmanship.  If a guy can't control his emotions, he's going to get picked on because he'll cost his team.

I love Kass to death, but you're absolutely right

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

So?

so I don't respect cheap and predatory, which is why I'd hate having tkachuk on my team the same way i hated having torres on my team. and which is why I'm glad kass showed him what comes with the territory of not being an honest, standup player. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I hate Tkachuk, but that definitely wasn't charging.

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I hate MT, but those were 100% clean, hard hits

That was text book charging. Yeah the contact was not to the head, that's a different penalty

Rule 42 of the NHL rulebook dictates that charging "shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner

12 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Kassian doesn't get it.  Tkachuk went after him 3 times because he knew that eventually Kassian would lose it.  Kassian would respond the same way again he says.  

Tkachuk is smarter than he looks.  He plays Kassian for a fool and purposely does not fight so they get the power play.  "And we'll take the game winner and first place"

This is pure gamesmanship.  If a guy can't control his emotions, he's going to get picked on because he'll cost his team.

Maybe he does get it though.  If MT is zeroed in on A guy and getting him to react, there are other guys out there who he isn't focused on.

Also...maybe in "going after him 3 times because he knew" how he'd react, he'll now have to think twice about that?  Not sure he's quite the man he plays as because he shies away so he may end up being a loser in that game.  Picking on guys who get tired of it. 

A good way to get a win...but if they play again, I wonder how big MT will be/play?  Bet he's a bit more in check.

A guy who can't control his emotions who is being picked on is a dangerous guy if you play that game and he has the tools to beat you at it.   Better be prepared.  

Again..conflicted in this.  But my gut tells me that MT won the game but ZK won the battle and set the tone for future games.

20 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

Why are people saying that was charging/boarding/dirty? It was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit. Watch the video the initial point of contact and brunt of the hit was Kassians shoulder. It also wasn’t boarding as Kassian hardly even touched the boards and hit the ice after the hit. I get that a ton of people don’t like tkachuk but that doesn’t make it a dirty hit.

I hate Tkachuk as much as anyone but you are correct.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Maybe he does though.

Maybe in "going after him 3 times because he knew" how he'd react, he'll think twice before going after him because he did?  Not sure he's quite the man he plays as because he shies away.  

A good way to get a win...but if they play again, I wonder how big MT will be/play?  Bet he's a bit more in check.

A guy who can't control his emotions who is being picked on is a dangerous guy if you play that game and he has the tools to beat you at it.   Better be prepared.  

Again..conflicted in this.  But my gut tells me that MT won the game but ZK won the battle and set the tone for future games.

But if Edmonton misses the playoffs by 2 points. Then Kassian lost them the war. 

5 minutes ago, tas said:

so I don't respect cheap and predatory, which is why I'd hate having tkachuk on my team the same way i hated having torres on my team. and which is why I'm glad kass showed him what comes with the territory of not being an honest, standup player. 

So I guess you don't have much respect a lot of cup winners like Dustin brown, Duncan Keith , Brent seabrook and Crosby has been know to be a sneaky dirty player and one of my favorites Pronger. All those guys got rings, cause they were willing to cross that line.

Mt is playing like Kes...his a pest, plays hard and pisses you off....

those are the type of warriors I want by my side....

15 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Kassian, he'll never learn when to stop, just a dangerous player to the end who can't control his anger. Now it looks like the NHL will deal with him again........Sigh.

Oh god, gimmy a break. Tkachuk is an absolute coward. U dont go around targeting a teams toughest players ( like he did with lucic) and then Tuttle when they hold u accountable.  That's sean avery crap. The kid is a goof. Im sure he dad was real proud to see him turtle like that. 

Dangerous player. Lol.  This league has gone the absolute opposite direction.  Protect players , cool, but if u think tkachuk didnt deserve that, u need to pick another sport

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Maybe he does get it though.

Maybe in "going after him 3 times because he knew" how he'd react, he'll think twice before going after him because he did?  Not sure he's quite the man he plays as because he shies away.  

I think it was the Nov 30 game, Edler popped Kassian behind the Canuck net in the first couple of minutes.  Kassian reacted and spent 2 mins in the box.  Grayovac scored on the pp.  

I don't like the way Tkachuk does this but I'm just saying that players know they can draw penalties off big Zack.  This is exactly what Tkachuk says he did in the interview.

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

tkachuk is a disgusting weasel type of player.  Total boarding call even though the pathetic refs once again screw up the call.  I hope tkachuk gets hit by a bus.....that would just be karma imo.

Edit: even ratface marchand would at least answer the bell after a dirty hit....pathetic....tkapuke does the best 'turtle' impression I have ever seen.

Well at least he is playing with some emotion. I think that's what hockey is supposed to look like, this is not ringette. ::D 

Its sad to see the emotion come out of our great game. The world juniors used to be full of it but now its just not the same. It used to be what separated us from European style hockey, but now? There is not much difference anymore, very sad to see.

Did not realize we were playing today. Saw GDT though didnt recognize the date, was like okay, kinda early, then i see it already at 6 pages. 

&^@# it, 4-0 shutout. Pearson line with a strong performance.

Edited by Odd.

13 minutes ago, tas said:

How is it cheap?  Kass had the puck both times.  I definitely do not like defending MT, but those were both excellent hits that resulted in the Flames winning the game.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1