The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I don’t think we should be making light of a futile team .... that is ahead of us in the standings 

I would typically agree. But it is the Oilers. And &^@# them:canucks:

Edit: I know the point you’re making and usually I’d agree with you. Pull the twig out of your own eye before condemning the person with a stick in theirs.  But it’s the Oilers. And 4 first overall picks in 6 years and how many other top ten picks. It’s ridiculous. Hate that franchise

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lmm said:

Druken? somebody remembers Druken?

I remember the Drake, Baron, Brandon Reid,  Klatt, Mr Saturday night, the Mattress lLine, OBywan, Weinrich, That guy that looked like Burtuzzi Arturs, Back UP Bob, actually the whole goalie graveyard, THE GREATEST 4TH LINER NOT IN THE NHL, Fedor, Keane, the guy that went on to become a country singer, ol' daisyhead Maysey, jarko, HORDICHUK, sOPEL, mALIK,  38 games of Sundin, PETTINGZoo , that guy that played here twice and the other guy that played here 3 times, 

I can remember a lot of the 2000s, but for the life of me I cannot remember one shift of Harold Druken...

but i think we traded him to the Leafs

You remember all that but don't remember this?

This goal clinched our playoff berth for the first time since the dreaded Messier era. I remember shouting "Druuuuuukennnnnnn!!!!" when he buried that. This goal was the dragon slayer of that time.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Missed the playoffs only twice in about 30 years as GM.  No Cups though (five Stanley Cup Finals appearances).  There might be one or two other examples but it's pretty rare.  A number of GM's don't even get to hire & fire more than one head coach.

yes, but some franchises are stable and others are not.

Tom Rowe fired Gallant and replaced him with Tom Rowe, who was subsequently demoted  from GM and Coach to 'speciall advisor'

Paul Fenton never got to hire or fire a coach

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

yes, but some franchises are stable and others are not.

Tom Rowe fired Gallant and replaced him with Tom Rowe, who was subsequently demoted  from GM and Coach to 'speciall advisor'

Paul Fenton never got to hire or fire a coach

Yeah the Panthers are pretty much a gong show.

• Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

I would typically agree. But it is the Oilers. And &^@# them:canucks:

Edit: I know the point you’re making and usually I’d agree with you. Pull the twig out of your own eye before condemning the person with a stick in theirs.  But it’s the Oilers. And 4 first overall picks in 6 years and how many other top ten picks. It’s ridiculous. Hate that franchise

I would not be able to post with a twig in my eye 

and how would I ever manage to get a twig in my eye? 

Minny and Nashville both getting the wins tonight just made the race that much tighter.

The Wild will leap frog us after their win and we’ll be clinging for dear life to the second wild card spot.

Edited by DeNiro

5 hours ago, tas said:

wonder how cooke will be received. he was loved for his grit, energy, and passion as a canuck, but everyone turned on him after. 

Cooke certainly wasn't a clean player, but he had his moments like those above that were clutch moments. If people can forgive Kesler for a night, surely they can do so for Cooke as well.

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

If you're critical of something and it doesn't change, you have the ability to decide whether to hang in or not.  But complaining isn't going to change things so it's wasted energy.  Especially if it's ongoing...futile.

The team's play is in the eye of the beholder.  Some see them not giving enough effort...I see that they're tentative and cautious.  They want it that bad.  So it's how we interpret it.

It's not all garbage and misery either.  That's the point.  Life is what we make it and if we wallow in misery is it better than being optimistic and hopeful?  Anyhow, enough out of me.   I know how I'm going to ride this season out...LET'S GO CANUCKS.

Contrary to popular belief, positive posts on CDC regarding the team changes nothing as well. So it's just as much a waste of energy. 

Of course the teams play is in the eye of the beholder. So why cant someone post something negative about it without some high horse riding cdc member getting on their case about negativity? 

I dont see many people going around telling others they're being too positive. Why is this a one way street? 

It's not okay for me to post negatively about the teams performance, but it's okay for someone to post negatively about my posts?

Doesn't seem right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Cooke certainly wasn't a clean player, but he had his moments like those above that were clutch moments. If people can forgive Kesler for a night, surely they can do so for Cooke as well.

I don’t think a Kesler/Cooke comparison is fair.

Kesler was a pest 

Cooke almost ended careers 

51 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Firing av to save his own job?

Sundin?

giving up Grabner?

marco sturm?

giving up Willie Mitchell?

Yeah he was awesome 

of all the weird things Gillis did in Vancouver those are what bug you most?

How about naming Luongo Captain or that horrible contract?

But Sundin, Grabner and Sturm? 

Even Willie, man I loved Willie Mitchell, I was at the game when he got hurt, but he was in danger of becoming Brandon Sutter, he missed 25 games his first year in LA and the whole season 2 years later.

Like I said I liked Willie, but kudos to Gillis for not getting all sentimental and overpaying a guy who might have been a boat anchor. Gillis signed enough bad contracts, but not as many as Jim. Willie just was not one of them.

And good for Willie for making it back into the league, the odds were against him.

5 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I don’t think a Kesler/Cooke comparison is fair.

Kesler was a pest 

Cooke almost ended careers 

Wasn't a Canuck when he went thru that phase.   I prefer to remember the Cookie that was a Canuck (especially since he to my knowledge never injured a Canuck player seriously in his post-Canuck career).

• Cheers 1