The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Colorado Avalanche | Mar. 6, 2020 7 PM PST | The Darkest Timeline Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

53 minutes ago, How swede it is said:

EP's line would never have the puck, you have to be able to win a faceoff.  That's why Miller is there.

I mean, they have Gaudette as the only center on the 3rd line most of the season. I wish they cared about the 3rd line winning some faceoffs.

Just play a good game

They'll fight their way back  -

They have exceeded my expectations - I thought we'd be close and we are - we might have been closer if Marky hadn't been injured - but  it sure has made it evident where there is still more work to be done

But for this game - a Canuck win - are they wearing the black Jerseys?

GCG

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Druken? somebody remembers Druken?

I remember the Drake, Baron, Brandon Reid,  Klatt, Mr Saturday night, the Mattress lLine, OBywan, Weinrich, That guy that looked like Burtuzzi Arturs, Back UP Bob, actually the whole goalie graveyard, THE GREATEST 4TH LINER NOT IN THE NHL, Fedor, Keane, the guy that went on to become a country singer, ol' daisyhead Maysey, jarko, HORDICHUK, sOPEL, mALIK,  38 games of Sundin, PETTINGZoo , that guy that played here twice and the other guy that played here 3 times, 

I can remember a lot of the 2000s, but for the life of me I cannot remember one shift of Harold Druken...

but i think we traded him to the Leafs

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

As the pressure ramped up over these last 20 games (and he now has the expectation to win) Green melted away.  He’s not tough enough.  He’s a softy.  I like the guy!  He’s seemingly a really nice guy.  He’s just in way over his head now.  After this season both JB and Green are gone.  Who’s out there we might get as a new GM? 

Judd Brackett for GM

MG or Burkie for Pres

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Tank baby!  Let’s get the best friggin’ lottery odds, and the highest guaranteed pick we possibly can.  :towel:

Let’s lose for Lafreniere!  Hell we are losing anyway, right?  

member when we called it stealth tanking?

ah the good old days

40 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Side bar. Oilers are down 4-1 going into the third. I swear that team is only 3-4 first overall picks away from contending. So close

I don’t think we should be making light of a futile team .... that is ahead of us in the standings 

49 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Not close, just on the same arc.  I think in three years time this team will be good enough to contend for real and not just for the final playoff spot.  While I agree their D prospects aren't as deep as we would like I think there is enough talent and/or assets in the pool that we have the ingredients for a damn good team.

Maybe I'm just more optimistic than you?

i'm happy with the forward depth for up and coming.. it's just defensively i have 0 faith atm.. call me a pessimist but how many defensive prospect have we pumped out from our farm in the last 20 years

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Come on boys, we can do this.

I'm packing my thread sanitizer tomorrow.   Don't want to catch the negativity bug that's going around.  

Love this game, love my team.  

Wait .... what?

maybe I have that?

what are symptoms? 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

MG can stay far away from this franchise 

what do you have against MG?

I thought he did some good things and he did some bad things, kind of like Jim

MG sould never have control of the draft table however

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, lmm said:

Harry Sinden hired 11, not counting himself

Missed the playoffs only twice in about 30 years as GM.  No Cups though (five Stanley Cup Finals appearances).  There might be one or two other examples but it's pretty rare.  A number of GM's don't even get to hire & fire more than one head coach.

13 minutes ago, lmm said:

what do you have against MG?

I thought he did some good things and he did some bad things, kind of like Jim

MG sould never have control of the draft table however

Firing av to save his own job?

Sundin?

giving up Grabner?

marco sturm?

giving up Willie Mitchell?

Yeah he was awesome 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Come on boys, we can do this.

I'm packing my thread sanitizer tomorrow.   Don't want to catch the negativity bug that's going around.  

Love this game, love my team.  

I agree Deb.  some on here just love to take it too far

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1