The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Judd Brackett

Rate this topic

Fred65

21 hours ago, Squamfan said:

Please reopen my trend @Roger Neilsons Towel @-Vintage Canuck- @debluvscanucks @StealthNuck More information is coming out

image.png.8dc4a563aa4b9681aa41cc83bdd21e35.png

This seems like just more media speculation to me without any new information. Not sure what has changed. There aren’t any sports going on right now and the media have to get viewers/listeners/clicks somehow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I'll say this should JB be content to let Brackett move for what ever the reason be it ability or personal he's certanlity chosen the right moment. Vcr will get their first pick in2020in  the third round, 82 O/A. That prospect is doubtful to have a NHL future. The following year they will likely be drafting in the first round, maybe in or around the 20th O/A slot. That player more then likely will need more than a couple of years before he becomes an NHL play if indeed he ever does. All in all that's 4 years from now before any effect of the chnage in scouting staff impacts the club in any meaningful way. You gotta give it to the man, timing is great. Then of course you can monitor which ever team Brackett signs for, and he won't be unemployed very long. If Gillis gets the job in NJ I'd think that might be the destination for Brackett, closer to home too  :)

Edited by Fred65

18 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I'll say this should JB be content to let Brackett move for what ever the reason be it ability or personal he's certanlity chosen the right moment. Vcr will get their first pick in2020in  the third round, 82 O/A. That prospect is doubtful to have a NHL future. The following year they will likely be drafting in the first round, maybe in or around the 20th O/A slot. That player more then likely will need more than a couple of years before he becomes an NHL play if indeed he ever does. All in all that's 4 years from now before any effect of the chnage in scouting staff impacts the club in any meaningful way. You gotta give it to the man, timing is great. Then of course you can monitor which ever team Brackett signs for, and he won't be unemployed very long. If Gillis gets the job in NJ I'd think that might be the destination for Brackett, closer to home too  :)

So you are saying Brackett get to use Vancouver's pick

1 hour ago, Squamfan said:

More info leaking Scouts wanted Pastarnak and Benning went with Macann. Guess Jim is not a great drafter after all. He was just getting credit he did not deserve.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/04/16/vancouver-canucks-scouts-ripped-for-missing-out-on-david-pastrnak/

Seemed more like the scouts then didn't do their job to identify Pastrnak. Benning ripped into them for missing him.

• Cheers 3

If the rumours are indeed true, that Benning wants to be more hands on in the scouting department. Then, I’m confident that he will be just as good as Brackett (if not better), in finding NHL talent for this franchise going forward. From 98-06, when Benning was the director of scouting for the Sabres. Buffalo had the best success rate in producing NHL players that played more than 50 games. 

What concerns me is, Weisbrod will still be by his side, helping him scout players. 

• Haha 1

Another day when our local sports hosts have to create controversy to justify their perceived expertise and hope they get an extra listener or two. Its May sweeps at its best.

Edited by The Colt 45s
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, shiznak said:

If the rumours are indeed true, that Benning wants to be more hands on in the scouting department. Then, I’m confident that he will be just as good as Brackett (if not better), in finding NHL talent for this franchise going forward. From 98-06, when Benning was the director of scouting for the Sabres. Buffalo had the best success rate in producing NHL players that played more than 50 games. 

What concerns me is, Weisbrod will still be by his side, helping him scout players. 

It isn't rumours.  Benning said it straight up as a reason for promoting Chris Gear.  He literally says publicly it is so he and Weisbrod can go out and do amateur scouting directly.  At the time I said this is a pretty big indicator of where Brackett is being sidelined.  If a peer gets promoted so your bosses can start taking on your day to day responsibilities... it is time to move on.  It means your boss doesn't trust or value you.

If folks can't read between the lines and put two and two together here, it is because they don't want to and not that the evidence isn't out there.

Promoting Chris Gear is something he spoke about earlier in the week, but he added this week that another reason for giving him a promotion to assistant GM will allow Benning and long-standing assistant general manager John Weisbrod to head out on more scouting missions.

“It gives us a chance to get out to see the amateur players, go to the prospect game, do all the things that we want to do,” he said.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-benning-believes-canucks-now-headed-in-right-direction-despite-lapses

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Shhhhhh! Doesn't fit the narrative! :frantic:

Yes.... it would have been much better to take Connor Bleakely like Benning wanted....

Would we have been better off with Nylander and McCann that the scouts wanted or Virtanen and Bleakely like Benning wanted?

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

It isn't rumours.  Benning said it straight up as a reason for promoting Chris Gear.  He literally says publicly it is so he and Weisbrod can go out and do amateur scouting directly.  At the time I said this is a pretty big indicator of where Brackett is being sidelined.  If a peer gets promoted so your bosses can start taking on your day to day responsibilities... it is time to move on.  It means your boss doesn't trust or value you.

If folks can't read between the lines and put two and two together here, it is because they don't want to and not that the evidence isn't out there.

Promoting Chris Gear is something he spoke about earlier in the week, but he added this week that another reason for giving him a promotion to assistant GM will allow Benning and long-standing assistant general manager John Weisbrod to head out on more scouting missions.

“It gives us a chance to get out to see the amateur players, go to the prospect game, do all the things that we want to do,” he said.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-benning-believes-canucks-now-headed-in-right-direction-despite-lapses

so again here you're taking a little bit of info - that Benning said he wants to be more involved in scouting and you're spinning it into a yarn about losing trust, etc. etc.

Its good that Gear has his full attention on contracts. Its good that Benning will have his own eyes on potential players more. Its good what Brackett does too.

You seem to forget that JD was offered a new contract, so clearly Benning likes what he does. 

• Cheers 1