The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

13 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

They would have kicked the field goal anyway. Philly would have had a about a minute. Not sure the would have moved the ball far enough to tie it up.

Chiefs had the momentum in the 2nd half.

I was actually rooting for the Eagles, but they had too many passengers on defence to win this game. 7 defensive linemen who could start on most teams and not one gd sack. Wtf?

It would have been a way harder field goal.  And he already had missed one earlier in the game.  No reason to call a holding on that play at all.  There is holding on every play in the NFL.  You can call holding all game long if you wanted to...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Technically, I suppose that was a penalty, but if ever there was a time to "let them play", that was it....

Overzealous zebra just ruined what would have been a very entertaining last minute and a half....<_<

It would have been a great ending for sure.  Maybe even overtime.  Instead, the ending was almost as bad as the halftime show...

• There it is 1

53 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

This right here. The penalty will be the reason the Chiefs won, in a lot of people's minds. But really they were all over the Eagles in the 2nd half and were going to score and win there even without the holding call.

there was around 90s left on the clock I believe. The clock would have stopped, I forget whether or not PHI had a timeout remaining or not (I think they had 1?). Regardless, 80ish seconds is enough to get into field goal range to tie it. The Chiefs may have still won but the brutal call robbed philly of the chance to answer. It just leaves a sour taste after what was otherwise a really good game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

there was around 90s left on the clock I believe. The clock would have stopped, I forget whether or not PHI had a timeout remaining or not (I think they had 1?). Regardless, 80ish seconds is enough to get into field goal range to tie it. The Chiefs may have still won but the brutal call robbed philly of the chance to answer. It just leaves a sour taste after what was otherwise a really good game.

Well Bradberry has come out and owned the call, saying he hoped he was gonna get away with one. He admitted to tugging on Juju's sweater and the hold, refs caught it.

Not a great way to end a great game, a penalty never is, but it happened and the team that had all the momentum in the 2nd half, won the game. Which I still think would've happened even without the call.

I think this Chiefs fan says it best: He's happy that they won, but bummed about how they won....

The thing is, KC would have still been in the driver's seat. Hurts would have had to pick up around 50 yards in just over a minute, just for a tie....

....but instead of the excitement of watching him try, the officials decide to make a borderline call, that somehow wasn't called all game before that.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

really upset that I went to bed shortly before the halftime. Thought that the Chiefs had lost this games after Mahomes left the field in obivious discomfort. This game just proved that Andy Reid is hands down the best headcoach in the NFL. His playcalling in the second half was out of this world. I just watched the hightlights of the second half and therefore I am in the position to comment on Reid's playcalling in the second half.

The chemistry between Mahomes and Kelce is off the charts. I can only think of Allen and Diggs having a similar connection on the field. Even though i am not a Chiefs supporter I really enjoyed watching this high scoring game.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Philly did not lose the Superbowl because of a "bad" referree call.  They lost because KC outplayed them in the 2nd half.  Supporters of the losing team always blame the referee on "bad calls".   But in most cases, the losing team lose because they are ouplayed.

But weird how the last two teams who lost the Super Bowl were on the receiving end of an incredibly ticky tack call with under two minutes left that hadn’t been called all game. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

Philly did not lose the Superbowl because of a "bad" referree call.  They lost because KC outplayed them in the 2nd half.  Supporters of the losing team always blame the referee on "bad calls".   But in most cases, the losing team lose because they are ouplayed.

It was a horrible call. Put a sour note on what was an amazing game.
Reid's playcalling was amazing. Those motions discombobulated the Eagles' defense all game.
But Sirianni coached a great game too. The Eagles exerted their will on every 4th and 1.
It was an incredibly weak call. If they had not called that, the Eagles might have tied the game, and forced overtime.
It was a good game nonetheless, but it could have been legendary.

Edited by Nave

Philly could have put the game to rest in the first half but for the fact that Hurts carried the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbled it without being hit, gifting KC a scoop and score td. 

The penalty at the end was weak sauce, but gifting KC a td also played a significant part in the final outcome.

I’m still also pissed that Philly couldn’t dial up any pressure on Mahomes. 78 sacks in the regular season and none in the big game. 

45 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

someone is really really upset with the outcome of the Super Bowl. ::D He's complelely freaking out. Guess he won't be invited to watch the Eagles game once next season starts.

A good thing I fell asleep before half time. Saved a TV.