The Hand of God - 3/5
The Kingsman - 2/5

Also Belfast has one of the best MCU Easter eggs 

IMG_5583.jpeg.d263adc4134f9eb582ad615c7a3bcacc.jpeg

Edited by iinatcc

can't even remember the last time i saw a great new movie

dune 6/10? like whatever dude, typical blockbuster wank

spider man 5/10? yeah, i watched this. nothing special. zoomer nostalgia

west side story lmfao yeah i watched this too/10. in fact, i'm pretty sure the days-long runtime is still going somewhere in my background. spielberg has a remarkable talent for making new movies look like new movies trying to be old movies that will soon age so poorly that they'll look like old movies trying to be new movies looking like old movies

french dispatch, yeah i guess it was decent. but maybe my least fav from pastel anderson

• 2 weeks later...

Went to go see The Godfather in theatres last night. They redid it in 4k and UHD for the 50th anniversary of the movie. Second time seeing it, and it I enjoyed it more the second time around. It was awesome to Marlon Brando on the big screen too

9.5/10

Watched "Everything Everywhere All at Once" (newer indie film), and for any fans of Kingsman and other visually outlandish films, you'll love this.  Same for fans of films with depth in storytelling.  It's hard to explain in words but best experienced.  11/10 if I could give it that, really loved it (also was my first time laughing 'til I cried).

• Thanks 1

Richard Jewell - 8/10

(On Netflix until May 2nd)

Damn, what a story... This is one of the better dramas I've seen over the last few years. I wasn't familiar with the details of this true life story going in, and it blew me away. With just a flip of a switch, the media went from hailing a man as a National hero, to calling him a murderer and destroying his life - based on nothing but profiling and hunches. 

The direction/screenplay isn't quite at the level of the story itself though. The plot moves slow at times, and some of the FBI stuff is a little Hamm-fisted. But the performances by Rockwell, Hauser, and Bates are all top-notch. 

There was a lot of media backlash to this film, because of how they are portrayed. That in itself couldn't be more ironic. Don't let the negative press fool you. This is a very important film.

Edited by D-Money
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

Train to Busan

Korean zombie movie, English subtitles.

Very good, well acted.

Stunts and special effects were good as well.

Only issue I had with the show

Spoiler

why didn't the Dad just toss the dude off the locomotive, before he turned Z?

I'm going to find the sequel.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Really enjoying 'Love, Death and Robots' on Netflix. 

Bunch of short animated movies. All different styles but all having the themes of love, death and robots.

Most of them are very gory, which is not my thing, but I find the writing and art so good that it doesn't bother me. 

Lots of social commentary. 

9/10

Edited by bishopshodan

On 5/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, gurn said:

Train to Busan

Korean zombie movie, English subtitles.

Very good, well acted.

Stunts and special effects were good as well.

Only issue I had with the show

Reveal hidden contents

why didn't the Dad just toss the dude off the locomotive, before he turned Z?

I'm going to find the sequel.

I really enjoyed both! The sequel def has a diff feel / approach to it though. 

• Thanks 1

Top Gun Maverick

8.5/10

High rating as I had concerns it would be a repeat of the old top gun. So many sequels of movies from decades ago use the same plot but with different characters, ie star wars.

But they did a great job. Just enough nostalgia not to make it cheesy, great action, some humour, and a fun movie. Cruise always makes entertaining movies and did so yet again.

Edited by NucknAsia

On 4/19/2022 at 12:15 AM, Phil_314 said:

Watched "Everything Everywhere All at Once" (newer indie film), and for any fans of Kingsman and other visually outlandish films, you'll love this.  Same for fans of films with depth in storytelling.  It's hard to explain in words but best experienced.  11/10 if I could give it that, really loved it (also was my first time laughing 'til I cried).

Saw it tonight. Movie of the year for me, although probably not everyone’s cup of tea.

I was grinning from ear to ear for the duration of the movie.

• Vintage 1

On 6/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, NucknAsia said:

Top Gun Maverick

8.5/10

High rating as I had concerns it would be a repeat of the old top gun. So many sequels of movies from decades ago use the same plot but with different characters, ie star wars.

But they did a great job. Just enough nostalgia not to make it cheesy, great action, some humour, and a fun movie. Cruise always makes entertaining movies and did so yet again.

8.9 for me; there were parts I liked better than the original.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers - 6/10

Surprisingly hilarious at times. So much nostalgia and more sight gags than I think I’ve ever seen in a movie. It doesn’t all work, but enough does to make it enjoyable. (Disney+)

Edited by D-Money