The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

1 hour ago, guntrix said:

The only one who makes things up on this forum is you, sir. You used the Bertuzzi example, and I said it wasn't a good example to use. No where in your post did you say you were referring to his quote. Here is what I quoted:

If you're going to use Bertuzzi as an example of why we shouldn't give up on Virtanen, don't get your jimmies rustled if someone debunks your post.

I used the Kassian example to refer to a young power forward with high draft pedigree that played for us. 

Whatever helps you sleep.   Bertuzzi is quotes as saying to wait for Jake until he is 24 to 28 and I noted that Islanders gave up on Todd too early - just as you seem to be on Jake in the same manner with which you invent context.   

41 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Whatever helps you sleep.   Bertuzzi is quotes as saying to wait for Jake until he is 24 to 28 and I noted that Islanders gave up on Todd too early - just as you seem to be on Jake in the same manner with which you invent context.   

You weren't talking about Bert's quote in the original post but the damage control is admirable. I don't expect anything different from the guy who blatantly lied about Juolevi's "sickness." 

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Virtanen is showing in this game against the Stars everything he can be in the NHL.  He is hitting.  He is skating.   He is scoring.   He is setting up plays.   He is all the things he can be and is creating all nature of havoc and problems for a big Stars team in their own building.    If Jake played this way each game, he would be a 20 plus goal scorer and consistent top 6 player for any team in the league.

5 hours ago, rekker said:

Happy for him. It's there. Now to dial in the consistancy. 

Consistency is the name of the game. 

Clearly he has a case of the 'sometimes big guys take longers'.

That, combined with his maturity issues are the biggest things holding him back from better things.

I'm perfectly content to wait a few years to see if he can put those tools together consistently as he matures.

Until then he's a competent bottom 6 player most nights.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, guntrix said:

You weren't talking about Bert's quote in the original post but the damage control is admirable. I don't expect anything different from the guy who blatantly lied about Juolevi's "sickness." 

You are both entertaining and predictably negative on all things.  You can select any and all sources of information you want but I will stick with actual people and choose to see the positives in the teams I follow.  I also will continue to enjoy calling the little balls of hate out on their crap so just stay ready.  :)

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You are both entertaining and predictably negative on all things.  You can select any and all sources of information you want but I will stick with actual people and choose to see the positives in the teams I follow.  I also will continue to enjoy calling the little balls of hate out on their crap so just stay ready.  :)

It's cool to have your own opinion and it's also good for you to call me out on points you don't agree with. However, I'm not gonna engage if you begin to backtrack or cite your imaginary friends. 

33 minutes ago, guntrix said:

It's cool to have your own opinion and it's also good for you to call me out on points you don't agree with. However, I'm not gonna engage if you begin to backtrack or cite your imaginary friends. 

You do realize you’re a green, frog puppet, right?  :o

It’s okay to have imaginary friends. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Easy to do when one is a fan of multiple teams. You have the option of just flipping the channel to the Canes and Panthers games when things are not going well. There are fans on here who have followed this team exclusively for decades. Some have become understandably jaded especially with all the misfortune they have seen this team go through. I am sure they are shaking in their boots hearing your threats of calling them out. :P

Edited by Toews

11 hours ago, guntrix said:

I really don't like to point out people's short comings but you and and a few othes don't even sound like Canucks fan.  I have never known a person that negative about a team that you claim to love.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, guntrix said:

They will enjoy being called cute.   Will pass it on.   

3 hours ago, Toews said:

Easy to do when one is a fan of multiple teams. You have the option of just flipping the channel to the Canes and Panthers games when things are not going well. There are fans on here who have followed this team exclusively for decades. Some have become understandably jaded especially with all the misfortune they have seen this team go through. I am sure they are shaking in their boots hearing your threats of calling them out. :P

Even if only a Canuck fan, I would never lump different generations and management regimes on the present one as they have zip to do with one another.   

I dont care care what they do in their boots but I can assume most people who come to discuss on their team’s forum don’t want to see a constant barrage of negative fabrication from a few who seem to do nothing but that.   They can fill their vile boots with whatever they wish - makes no difference to me as much of it can be quite entertaining.   

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just want to say that IMO, Jake has been playing quite well of late.

Damn I wasted that cool emoji on you...

Lol

But I agree with you that Jake has been playing well. How many times have we said "I wish Jake would play like that every night". That means hes playong like that more.  Good sign.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Increased icetime with better linemates equals improved performance by Jake? Who would have guessed. 

You have it backwards. Jake didn't play better necessarily because he had more ice time and better linemates, he was given better linemates and more ice time because he played better. It's Green's way of doing things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2