The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Jake would’ve hit 20 goals this season. Maybe 21 goals if he had a really good end to the season. But unfortunately he didn’t make it there because of the pandemic. 

management ought never to trade this local beauty. He’s had to mature for sure since being in the NHL. But Green has definitely made a difference. Now only if he could get more top six minutes. He could get the minutes boy he’d be a huge difference maker to the club I think. 

he’ll never be the player I don’t think that many fans wanted to compare him to - Ehlers and Nylander. But that’s okay. 

58 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Imo, the only question with Jake is discipline. 3rd/2nd line RW is his if he can stay focused off ice. 

Yeah I'm more concerned about long-term discipline. He was great this year and showed far more consistency, but I want to continue seeing it. I'd rather keep him on 3 year or shorter contracts to keep him motivated.

After watching the best of Jake vid from this year I am so impressed by this kid's progression. After spending his sophomore season in Utica, he fought to make the team. This season has been a huge stepping stone for him. He's only 23! When he is a more seasoned vet in 3 or 4 seasons around 27 I can see him becoming a major part of the team and the power forward everyone wanted him to be. As has been mentioned, if he can keep his focus and consistency, I think he could be a solid 2nd line presence and big point getter. Fingers crossed for Shot Gun.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

What car does he have, he’s on the right side seat

(EDIT: I watched the video and he isn't the passenger. He is actually driving)

Edited by The Lock

9 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

What car does he have, he’s on the right side seat

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I always wonder where do people get cars with the driver's seat on the right here in Canada. Because I don't think we manufacture cars like those here.

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

I always wonder where do people get cars with the driver's seat on the right here in Canada. Because I don't think we manufacture cars like those here.

It could be the camera just being a "mirror" and he is actually on the left side of the car.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Sometimes you have to wonder how bright Jake actually is!  :picard:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/05/27/canucks-forward-filming-driving/

well, could be worse if it was a dui but not saying using you phone and driving is good, just seems like he's on the back roads.

Edited by TNucks1

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

It could be the camera just being a "mirror" and he is actually on the left side of the car.

Safe to say. If you look closely, the NHL logo is mirrored.

And FWIW, I don't think anyone ever accused JV of being a Mensa member :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Sometimes you have to wonder how bright Jake actually is!  :picard:

https://www.citynews1130.com/2020/05/27/canucks-forward-filming-driving/

Poor Jake.  Probably not the smartest decision to do that, but certainly was overblown yesterday.

But news is pretty slow right now, so some people are finding things to whine about and so happen Jake fell into their crosshairs.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Safe to say. If you lol closely, the NHL logo is mirrored.

And FWIW, I don't think anyone ever accused JV of being a Mensa member :lol:

Accused of being a Mensa member! How dare someone accuse someone of being smart! ;)

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

I watched it to, i was actually curious what’s he is driving lol. Let be honest many people have done so much worse distracted driving. Not excusing him but not the end of the world