The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 14m14 minutes ago

Corey Hirsch is on SN 650 on if he would start Demko on Thursday vs Coyotes : "I think the plan was to get Demko 7-10 days with Ian Clark and then give him a start, maybe on the weekend.

I think it's time to move this Demko thread to the current roster thread.

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 3

On 12/17/2018 at 5:31 AM, UticaHockey said:

I get a chuckle when I read comments that DiPietro is a better prospect than Demko.  Everyone loves the shiny newer toy.

I expected Thatcher to look rusty after missing two months with a concussion but he hasn't missed a beat. If anything he looks more technically sound and is staying up longer and not giving up the goals over his shoulder.

I'm just grateful to have a couple of terrific prospects - if one pays off, that's great, if both pay off....!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Making moves already!

Also, I agree it's time for Demko to graduate to the current roster sub forum.

In fairness, that's against guys who've been shut out how many times in the past few weeks...?

:bigblush:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Making moves already!

Also, I agree it's time for Demko to graduate to the current roster sub forum.

God who was that second shooter?  Pretty inexcusable to miss that as a professional hockey player lol.  Also cringed a bit when Thatchy got bumped. 

Demko got the Canucks media treatment today with a stupid question asking him details about what he's been working on from watching tapes. I love his response of disbelief that he was being asked to dig in the weeds, but m'gawd our media sucks.

Anyone know what are other teams' media are like? Do they ask such ridiculous questions to their players such as we've seen ours do over the years?

Anyways, I can't wait to see this guy settle into our lineup. The future is now, and it's getting more exciting with each week that passes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Demko got the Canucks media treatment today with a stupid question asking him details about what he's been working on from watching tapes. I love his response of disbelief that he was being asked to dig in the weeds, but m'gawd our media sucks.

Anyone know what are other teams' media are like? Do they ask such ridiculous questions to their players such as we've seen ours do over the years?

Anyways, I can't wait to see this guy settle into our lineup. The future is now, and it's getting more exciting with each week that passes.

It makes you wonder how much hockey they ever played, if at all. How many serious hockey questions do you hear? When players are interviewed it is like they were at the dentist. Mostly bored and cannot wait to get done. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/7/2019 at 2:03 PM, Tre Mac said:

God who was that second shooter?  Pretty inexcusable to miss that as a professional hockey player lol.  Also cringed a bit when Thatchy got bumped. 

You wanna ID the second shooter? I’d ask this guy:

2E52319A-9632-45D0-82E2-2F0F94299E80.thumb.jpeg.b3fc4ce07274017d9ad2330e392e4e78.jpeg

19 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I dunno, Jester. You mean this interview:

Seems like Thatcher opens up the topic of how much video he’s been watching and the reporter is just asking a standard follow-up, which is basically their job.

I mean, I’m as willing as anyone to jump on the media whenever they go out of bounds with one of our players, but this just seems like business as usual. 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Is Demko playing tonight ?? 

Believe they said he could play on the 16th, 18th, or 20th. They want to give him lots of time with Ian Clark before he gets the ice. They want to hone in on a few things.

• Upvote 2