The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

wonder if demko  is involved in betting scandal at boston u hopefully not  ncaa   might  penalize b u for all that happened  maybe demko will play in utica next yr fingers crossed

Hopefully Demko isn't but hey he's a smart kid. And my suspicions are correct in that BC and BU are different.

Edited by Odd.

On December 22, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Gstank29 said:

Demko plays for Boston COLLEGE not BU. There is a huge difference between the two especially when you talk to grads from either school. Calling a BC grad a BU grad is a death sentence

Relax. Not having enough food is a death sentence 

• Upvote 2

On 27/12/2015 at 10:00 PM, Canorth said:

Too old

If he was playing id have to say the states would win it all but without demko i think we have a good shot against them. Man i cant wait for Demko to join our team. Him and Boeser are the 2 prospects im most exited for

Edited by McHortanen

• 2 weeks later...

Demko injured, upper body injury, He could be out for a while :(

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2016/01/06/banged-hockey-team-adds-goaltender-ian-milosz/qMyMKAYnyw1TZoYhq7r0hK/story.html

Mired in a three-game losing streak and banged up at key positions, the Boston College men’s hockey team officially added 6-foot-7-inch goalie Ian Milosz to the roster Wednesday.

Milosz, who arrives on campus as a 20-year-old first-semester freshman, is expected in net Friday night when the Eagles, 0-3-0 in their last three games, take on the high-flying Providence Friars at Conte Forum. The two clubs play again Saturday night in Providence.

Milosz, who has been playing for the Boston Junior Bruins, grew up in North Grafton and committed to join BC for the start of the 2016-17 season. But a recent injury to No. 1 goaltender Thatcher Demko accelerated the timeline.

Demko, a junior and a 2014 Vancouver Canucks draft pick, is sidelined with what the club has termed only an “upper-body injury.” He was hurt in a Dec. 28 game vs. Ohio State, though he returned to play the full game the following evening, a 2-1 loss to the Friars.

The Eagles aren’t certain how quickly Demko will make it back, but the hurried signing of Milosz could indicate that coach Jerry York and crew expect that his recovery could linger.

Edited by Mackcanuck

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Hopefully it's just a bit of healing and more precautionary not rushing him back. It's probably a good sign he was able to tough it out for the following game.

I hope it is a good sign but this is the kid that played with 2 bum hips for 2 full seasons.

4 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Demko injured, upper body injury, He could be out for a while :(

The Eagles aren’t certain how quickly Demko will make it back, but the hurried signing of Milosz could indicate that coach Jerry York and crew expect that his recovery could linger.

Upper body injury to a goalie is probably the best case scenario.  Hips, knee, groin, ankle, etc would be more worrisome imo.

This is an example of a team putting all their eggs in one basket so to speak. To my knowledge, no other goalie has played a single game for Boston College this season - now this happens and they're screwed.  You would think their coach would have more foresight than that?  Yes, you want to ride your stud horse as much as possible, but you at least need to know you have a back-up for this exact eventuality. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Upper body injury to a goalie is probably the best case scenario.  Hips, knee, groin, ankle, etc would be more worrisome imo.

This is an example of a team putting all their eggs in one basket so to speak. To my knowledge, no other goalie has played a single game for Boston College this season - now this happens and they're screwed.  You would think their coach would have more foresight than that?  Yes, you want to ride your stud horse as much as possible, but you at least need to know you have a back-up for this exact eventuality. 

My thoughts exactly. I was a little worried first when i heard that he got injured, especially considering the hip-surgery he had last year. An "upper body injury" shouldn't be able to jeopardize his long-term career. Hopefully he'll be back soon.