The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

27 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Hmm, stripped of his captaincy, and scratched twice early in the season. Something seems up for sure. 

Enough to make him head back to North America?

Actually I hope not. I honestly wouldn't want a player with that kind of character. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Enough to make him head back to North America?

Actually I hope not. I honestly wouldn't want a player with that kind of character. 

I wonder if character issues is pRt of the reason why Tryamkin slipped to the third round in his draft?  He has elite skill, and is a giant.  

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Hmm, stripped of his captaincy, and scratched twice early in the season. Something seems up for sure. 

Has to be a nagging injury. If I were to speculate, he probably picked up a minor injury, missed a game, came back next game and maybe aggravated it. Took a pregame skate for today’s game and didn’t feet right and they sat him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Has to be a nagging injury. If I were to speculate, he probably picked up a minor injury, missed a game, came back next game and maybe aggravated it. Took a pregame skate for today’s game and didn’t feet right and they sat him.

Not to mention, Tryamkin seemed to lose the captaincy the same way he gained it, so it's probably not a major indictment on his character but rather how the coach seems to pass it around.

Edit:  Dawes better not miss a game or else he'll lose the captaincy next.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Not to mention, Tryamkin seemed to lose the captaincy the same way he gained it, so it's probably not a major indictment on his character but rather how the coach seems to pass it around.

Edit:  Dawes better not miss a game or else he'll lose the captaincy next.

Quite possible, this was the plan - sign Dawes in the offseason, let him get familiar with other players, make him the captain for a game and see how this is going, if everything is fine, make him the next  captain.

To remind everyone - Dawes is 33, he played for Barys, Astana (Kazakhstan) in 2011-1018 and was the team captain, he scored the most goals (35) in the previous KHL season. Several teams tried to sign him in the offseason and Avto was very lucky to get Dawes. Now Avto sets up ambitious goal to play in the KHL playoff finals. Right now Avtomobilist is on the 1st place in both the Eastern Conference and the entire KHL with 6 wins in 6 games.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if character issues is pRt of the reason why Tryamkin slipped to the third round in his draft?  He has elite skill, and is a giant.  

He absolutely does NOT have anything close to elite skill.  

He is huge, and a good skater for his size. 

Put that ‘elite’ word to bed

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

He got drafted in his 3rd year of eligibility of the draft as a 19 year old about to turn 20. 

Edited by RRypien37

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf please, he does not in anyones understanding of "elite" have elite skill. We have never had a D with elite skill in recent years and we certainly didn't have one when Try played here

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

He has elite size, Alf. He has good skill that needs refinement. But definitely elite size, although there is no such thing. He's a big mofo.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He has elite size, Alf. He has good skill that needs refinement. But definitely elite size, although there is no such thing. He's a big mofo.

His mobility was the thing that impressed me most.  This team takes one Tryamkin sized step forward with him on the roster.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

I think it was the Russian factor.  Perhaps at the time of interviews and stuff, no one knew for sure his intentions were to play in the North America.  

If he outright said he wanted to be in the NHL, he probably would have easily been a 2nd rounder.  He was like #65 for the European central scouting at the draft.  

19 hours ago, drummerboy said:

He absolutely does NOT have anything close to elite skill.  

He is huge, and a good skater for his size. 

Put that ‘elite’ word to bed

He doesn't have "elite" skills in the sense that he won't be getting any "A's" for stick handling, skating, passing, etc..... but probably at most "B's" for each.... but the modifier of being 6'7" which could potentially put him into the "elite" level (if he is able to reach his full potential).  

Edited by Lancaster
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I think it was the Russian factor.  Perhaps at the time of interviews and stuff, no one knew for sure his intentions were to play in the North America.  

If he outright said he wanted to be in the NHL, he probably would have easily been a 2nd rounder.  He was like #65 for the European central scouting at the draft.  

He doesn't have "elite" skills in the sense that he won't be getting any "A's" for stick handling, skating, passing, etc..... but probably at most "B's" for each.... but the modifier of being 6'7" which could potentially put him into the "elite" level (if he is able to reach his full potential).  

Straight Bs doesn’t put you on the honour roll man.   

He isnt anything close to elite.   

He is average maybe, and really tall.  

He wasn’t even close to being our best dman when he was here.  

If that makes him elite, we must have nothing but Doughtys and Karlssons on our blueline. 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Exactly.  Chara is an elite D man, and has been for a decade or more.  Tryamkin has far better skills than Chara.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1