The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Not many 6'8"/240 D around but I suspect it's not over because they will sign some one else ( we can only wonder ) and it would be a laugh if it was Zadarov at $3.5 mill LOL ie the same skills at double the price  .... there's history folk LOL

It’s possible they sign Zadarov but I doubt it due to the contracts that they have to sign coming up. 

Tryamkin wasn’t going to sign here as I mentioned awhile ago. 

People who are disappointed should have read the tea leaves from his agent awhile back. 

Tryamkin felt slighted when the Nucks didn’t sign him before. 

Whether for good or ill Benning decided not to sign him. I would have liked to see home for at least 2-3 years but it is what it is. 

Time to move on. 

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I wish we knew the numbers involved, because that would certainly inform my opinion on whether it was Tryamkin being “too greedy” or the Canucks being “too cheap.”

A bit of both is where the truth probably lays. 

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Gutted, thought there was the possibility and all noises pointed to something being worked out.

Be interesting to see where this one fell down.

oh well, guess it’s over with tram then 

You shouldn’t be gutted. This non-signing was signaled for awhile. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Russian commentators say that Tryamkin has made smart, safe decision considering current dreadful status of the Vancouver Canucks team, which most likely continues next season.

They’re not wrong. 

The money for him is in the KHL. 

It’s the smart play for him and his agent who gets a cut. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Was really hoping to see him back next season..  but with COVID and the restrictions, probably he prefer to stay where he is..  if there was no COVID, he would have played in nhl next season.  

I dont think covid was a factor here, I think it was 100% financial.

49 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You shouldn’t be gutted. This non-signing was signaled for awhile. 

That doesn't make knowing that he won't be playing here any easier.  And the hardest part of the whole thing is knowing that he may just sign with one of our divisional rivals in two years, and our players will be getting shut down and crushed by that mobile, 6'8" behemoth on defence on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

A bit of both is where the truth probably lays. 

I think I’m the most curious on how far apart they were on a one year deal?

Tryamkin’s agent said their side was willing to accept either one or two years term, but couldn’t make the money work, with what the Canucks were offering.

And the rumoured asking price floating around was ~$2 million per season (some, like Dhaliwal, had said Tryamkin was open to going as low as $1.5M per season).

Makes it seem like the Canucks were playing hardball and holding firm at something <$1.5M, and wouldn’t come up to meet Tryamkin. 

It’s fine, I guess, but would be just a little disappointing if the issue was merely a couple 100K. I’m fine with trying to get the best deal (that’s generally the approach I want to see), but just seems like they could have easily saved that much, and many times over, if they brought more discipline to past negotiations with higher ticket players (take your pick, the list is long), where they’ve been pretty free spending, versus nickel and diming over small potatoes like a couple 100K on a short term deal.

I’d really have had zero issue with a one year deal at something $1.5-2M, if indeed that wouldn’t got him signed, sealed, and delivered.

I’d feel differently if Tryamkin was demanding $3 million, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest his asking price was anywhere close to that high.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

9 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t buy it. If they were too far apart on money he would have signed for one year with Avto and then he would be UFA and could sign anywhere in the NHL.  I just think it’s not his dream to play over here and is more than happy to stay at home.

Canucks were just used for leverage IMO.

That’s a good point about him signing for two years in Russia. At least we know he won’t be signing with the Flames in 2022 and flattening our forwards nightly. Maybe in 2023.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Seriously though, obviously the guy isn't committed to making it work at the NHL level. &^@# him.

Silver lining, it sure simplifies our decisions on the back end next year.

But is that a good thing?

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think I’m the most curious on how far apart they were on a one year deal?

Tryamkin’s agent said their side was willing to accept either one or two years term, but couldn’t make the money work, with what the Canucks were offering.

And the rumoured asking price floating around was ~$2 million per season (some, like Dhaliwal, had said Tryamkin was open to going as low as $1.5M per season).

Makes it seem like the Canucks were playing hardball and holding firm at something <$1.5M, and wouldn’t come up to meet Tryamkin. 

It’s fine, I guess, but would be just a little disappointing if the issue was merely a couple 100K. I’m fine with trying to get the best deal (that’s generally the approach I want to see), but just seems like they could have easily saved that much, and many times over, if they brought more discipline to past negotiations with higher ticket players (take your pick, the list is long), where they’ve been pretty free spending, versus nickel and diming over small potatoes like a couple 100K on a short term deal.

I’d really have had zero issue with a one year deal at something $1.5-2M, if indeed that wouldn’t got him signed, sealed, and delivered.

I’d feel differently if Tryamkin was demanding $3 million, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest his asking price was anywhere close to that high.

Just another example of jim benning s idiocy . Canucks said they were willing to pay what he was asking for.  The man is the worst communicator we've ever had. Kind of a big part of the job. Oh well. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

That doesn't make knowing that he won't be playing here any easier.  And the hardest part of the whole thing is knowing that he may just sign with one of our divisional rivals in two years, and our players will be getting shut down and crushed by that mobile, 6'8" behemoth on defence on a regular basis.

The guy sucks. The hype around him and his 15 points in the KHL after being stripped of his captaincy speaks louder than the bloated and imagined skills of a guy who lets face it is a complete dick who refused to put the work in. Much prefer Joulevi and Rathbone on the left side.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

canucks offerWhy is this thread still open?!

The Province says JB is quoted that the Canucks offered him what he wanted and he turned it down to stay in the KHL.  The Province also quotes Diamond as saying that Nik could not accept what the Canucks were offerering, it was too low and they even tried to do a one year term but no go.

So once again there is nothing clear in Mudville when it comes to Tryamkin and the Canucks.  JB couldn't seem to figure out how to do this deal and now Tryamkin is gone. Which I am not that upset about.

Thread is still open pending further info and insight to get to the bottom of this I guess.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Russian commentators say that Tryamkin has made smart, safe decision considering current dreadful status of the Vancouver Canucks team, which most likely continues next season.

If he's not a fit in Vancouver then, why isn't he open to having his rights traded and to try and sign with another team?  It seems like he backed off quickly and signed with Avto in the KHL.  Was the offer that bad?  Or was it his expectations?  If he wasn't prepared for a "show me" contract then his agent didn't prepare him very well.

It's a shame because 4 years ago he had the potential to be a useful NHL D and I think at this point (26 yrs old), he is beyond developing and is what he is.  For the Canucks, it's a leap of faith that he could even make the club as a regular.  Why would they offer more than $1.25M?  It's generous that he even got an offer.  He was always going to be a long shot when he was drafted in the 3rd round as a 20 year old in 2014

FWIW in 2015-16 he signed a 2 year, 2 way contract for $925,000 including a $92,500 signing bonus

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The Province says JB is quoted that the Canucks offered him what he wanted and he turned it down to stay in the KHL.  The Province also quotes Diamond as saying that Nik could not accept what the Canucks were offerering, it was too low and they even tried to do a one year term but no go.

So once again there is nothing clear in Mudville when it comes to Tryamkin and the Canucks.  JB couldn't seem to figure out how to do this deal and now Tryamkin is gone. Which I am not that upset about.

Thread is still open pending further info and insight to get to the bottom of this I guess.

It was going to end one way or another..........and I am ok with that......time to move on!

I do however think  that things keep rolling out of control, in regards to contracts with JB...........It is becoming a little bit of a repetitive thing.........kind of make you wonder what is up?

Is it JB or is it Aqualini................and I am talking about the big picture and not Tryamkin

If it is JB............it will be another nail in the coffin, if not, it will start to point towards Aqualini...........