The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

13 minutes ago, Provost said:

The expansion draft didn't factor into it, he was exempt whether he signed or not.

Ahh. I thought he was eligible because he fell into some sort RFA class due to his age/played a full season and been playing pro the last few years.

Its too bad, I really wanted to see him break bodies again

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

LMAO. So are people finally gonna shut up about this guy now?

Nope.   For as long as posters continue to whine about Toffoli being Benning's biggest mistake, others will claim his letting Tryamkin escape is just as egregious 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Well, that about sums up this season for sure. Tryamkin may not be perfect, but he would have helped a lot in terms of making teams think twice about what they just did to one of our future ring-of-honour players Alex Edler the other night. 

I have lost faith in this management team. Benning can go. Green can go. Too much incompetence and poor asset management going on.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Let's just remember, Philip Larsen is still a top player in that league.  He was going to be a bottom pair guy most likely.  If he was demanding too much money and playing time then Benning did the right thing.

And people got on Gillis' case for not drafting Russians.  And this was during the time, the KHL could pay wages competitive with the NHL (when oil prices were sky high).  It's a real risk a player would rather play at home (and if I were them, I'd be inclined to feel the same way).

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Ah, poor Loui.  We all had such high hopes about the Sedins-Eriksson chemistry, but it didn't happen.  Who'd have thought that his best linemate would be Goldobin?

Well they play at the same level lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Ah, poor Loui.  We all had such high hopes about the Sedins-Eriksson chemistry, but it didn't happen.  Who'd have thought that his best linemate would be Goldobin?

You knew it was going to be bad at some point (as do pretty much all these long-term contract eventually become).  But during his first game as a Canuck?:lol:

Well, I have mixed emotions.....obviously I really thought Tryamkin could help

and for that I am disappointed.......I will get over it

But some one posted a contract value in Russia compared to here

and a $2 Million contract was not going to cut it, as Tryamkin's money in Russia is basically tax free with no escrow

My biggest concern is what was it that Benning offered Tryamkin?

I just wonder how much Aqualini's money problems are a part of this? I mean they have not re-signed Green, nor Clark

Is there more to this? Very curious to what Tryamkin signed for................................

But, after that, it is time to move on. I invested too much into this to have this result..................

Jury is out, on why he re-signed in Russia................money talks!

Edited by janisahockeynut