The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

That makes it clear to me that we didn't want to get involved with him.  I will bet you the money the Canucks were offering was way less then the big guy wanted.   

This is a good sign that old Jimbo is starting to clue in to the importance of managing your cap space. You can't be throwing a guy like Tryamkin 3 to 4 mil with a lengthy  term.  I would rather keep Hamonic.

1.5 to 2 mil tops for Tryamkin. No more than two years. He can get close to that at home.    

That's my guess........it came down to Tryamkin or keeping Harmonic.  That's an easy decision, imo.  Let's hope JB wraps of TH

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I knew it, he was never coming here.  No big loss really.

You can’t lose what you never had.

I suspect Diamond was shrewd and was just trolling Avto all along. He probably told Tree to leave his Canuck jersey picture on his Instagram page and dropped a lot of quotes about him wanting to come back to the NHL.  

It seems to have been a very fast signing after negotiations just got started. Winners are Tryamkin, Diamond and the Canucks. 

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

I guarantee Benning gave no thought to this prior to the trade deadline. Let’s be serious here, this decision and negotiation could have been made while he still had the option to trade his rights to a more suitable NHL team. I think Tryamkin is a giant drama Queen who probably had unrealistic demands, but at the same time, this should have been known for quite some time. It always seems like he runs into these sudden surprises completely unprepared. This is what happens when you’re a GM who focuses on the day you woke up to. 

You do realize that Nikita was under contract prior to the trade deadline? 

Not sure how you can "guarantee" something that you know nothing about. 

Maybe a little late to the party but hey it’s never too late! Sucks that Tryamkin won’t be coming back here but it happens. People have their personal reasons and he made what was the best decision for himself. Good luck, Tryamkin!

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The Canucks should trade his rights

How much value do you think his rights hold, when they expire about 2 years before Nik's newest contract?

Edited by gurn
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

You can’t lose what you never had.

I suspect Diamond was shrewd and was just trolling Avto all along. He probably told Tree to leave his Canuck jersey picture on his Instagram page and dropped a lot of quotes about him wanting to come back to the NHL.  

It seems to have been a very fast signing after negotiations just got started. Winners are Tryamkin, Diamond and the Canucks. 

I'm thinking the same... Used canucks as leverage for a better deal at home.  

It's disappointing as his potential seemed pretty high... But where have we heard that before e.g.)Virt.  Both these guys were picked because of size and potential.... Unfortunately both their character are below average.  They both lack the work ethic and professionalism needed to be difference makers in the NHL. Benning made a mistake picking these guys.  But to his credit I don't think his picks since have character issues close to what these guys have.

Oh well... 

• Cheers 1

We will be getting a heavy dose of Chatty , OJ and hopefully Rathbone for the rest of the year.  They will be wanting to see what they have. 

There is a good chance to find some ED deals kicking around. Hopefully they get the Hughes / Petey deals done so they know what the cap surplus will be. 

8 minutes ago, gurn said:

How much value do you think his rights hold, when they expire about 2 years before Nik's newest contract?

It’s not about value, nor Tryamkin. It’s about Buffalo; where careers go to die.

:towel:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Damn. 

A sure contract in his hometown. 

Probably better than the 2M here. 

We had a huge covid scare. 

Now he's a UFA if he wants to try again. Which I think he will. 

from an NHL career management pov, Nik has shot himself in the foot twice now. But I don't think he is about a big NHL deal, he's making enough in the place he wants to be. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

He wanted to play at home

Wife wanted to stay at home

New baby

Covid issues

Statements about not being super keen on the city of Vancouver maybe not taken totally out of context

He's where he wants to be, seems he leveraged himself a much better deal to stay in his home town and all the power to him.  

We can now move on to the next will he won't he prospect player we will vastly overhype to some ridiculous degree and then keep making statements about Russians being flight risks

/end thread

• Cheers 3

The 2014 draft looked so promising, now look at it...

Virtanen - potentially having his contract terminated 

McCann- traded and now performing for another team

Tryamkin - unable to sign to more than one contract

Forsling - traded for nothing and performing for another team

At least we got Demko to save that draft otherwise it would have been a complete bust.

• Cheers 1