The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

15 hours ago, tas said:

the entirety of the blog post/tweets that inspired this lively debate is not only evidence but cut and dry proof. the complete lack of journalistic merit removes all credibility. anyone who can equate tryamkin denying an english-speaking blogger an interview to tryamkin not wanting anything to do with the canucks is not only bereft of credibility, but also a complete moron. the blog post then goes on to make statements of fact about the previous dealings between tryamkin and the canucks that contradict what both the team and tryamkin have said, with no citations, when these bloggers have no more clue than any of us about what actually happened behind the scenes. the ACTUAL media doesn't know, let alone the pretend media that gets 100% of their information from the actual media. 

I disagree entirely, to the point where I wonder if you actually read the article properly.

When I asked you to substantiate your opinion that he was a liar, I expected some alternative articles, because this one certainly doesn't. He is stating opinions, that does not make him a liar. If it did this forum is crammed with liars. In fact there are places where he seems to be sympathetic to Tryamkin and even says he wants to see him back.

"and it appears he wants nothing to do with anyone connected to the Canucks."

" it seems he still feels burned by the organization."

"Whether that feeling is misplaced is up for debate."

" but you could say that Tryamkin gave up on North America a little too quickly."

"In light of this, I think it’s just a sign to give him time. The Vancouver Canucks retain his signing rights until July 1, 2022 and his KHL deal is set to end in 2020. Last year, Tryamkin did say he would not consider a return for at least three years."

"However, the way he’s closing himself off to Canucks media is not a promising start. Sure, things could change in a few years, but if he loves playing in Russia, the Canucks will have to present a lot more than money to bring him back."

"Besides, when Tryamkin left, he was a third-pairing defenceman. I miss him too, but he wasn’t playing like a number one blueliner."

"Injuries left some terrible players available on the blue line, making Tryamkin stand out a little more."

"I would assume Jim Benning and Trevor Linden are already planning for a future without Tryamkin

There is absolutely nothing said by this guy that would invite the deluge of "hate" showered on him by the Tryamkin zealots on here. His blog is littered with possibilities  and opinion. He does not try to portray them as facts at all. In fact compared to the average poster on here he seems to try to avoid giving opinion as fact.

For the uneducated "assume" "you could say" "whether" "you could say" (again) "it seems" "it appears" "things could change" are all conjectural terms not a statement of fact.

As far as I can see the only instances where he didn't make it clear it was only his opinion is where I would say he knew he was on safe ground. eg only a fool would say he was playing like a top liner or deny that the fact our D being pretty poor made Tryamkin look better.

Is Tryamkin "closing himself off" to the Canucks, who knows, he seems to lack maturity and the way he conducted that interview was not indicative of a player who wanted to let Canucks fans know how he was getting on or what he may see in the future." If he does come back I hope he doesn't "pretend" to not understand English and the Canucks give him some media training. (although from past form he would probably accuse the Canucks of singling him out for unfair treatment - again)

All in all just another CDC $&!#storm in a tea cup.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I disagree entirely, to the point where I wonder if you actually read the article properly.

When I asked you to substantiate your opinion that he was a liar, I expected some alternative articles, because this one certainly doesn't. He is stating opinions, that does not make him a liar. If it did this forum is crammed with liars. In fact there are places where he seems to be sympathetic to Tryamkin and even says he wants to see him back.

"and it appears he wants nothing to do with anyone connected to the Canucks."

" it seems he still feels burned by the organization."

"Whether that feeling is misplaced is up for debate."

" but you could say that Tryamkin gave up on North America a little too quickly."

"In light of this, I think it’s just a sign to give him time. The Vancouver Canucks retain his signing rights until July 1, 2022 and his KHL deal is set to end in 2020. Last year, Tryamkin did say he would not consider a return for at least three years."

"However, the way he’s closing himself off to Canucks media is not a promising start. Sure, things could change in a few years, but if he loves playing in Russia, the Canucks will have to present a lot more than money to bring him back."

"Besides, when Tryamkin left, he was a third-pairing defenceman. I miss him too, but he wasn’t playing like a number one blueliner."

"Injuries left some terrible players available on the blue line, making Tryamkin stand out a little more."

"I would assume Jim Benning and Trevor Linden are already planning for a future without Tryamkin

There is absolutely nothing said by this guy that would invite the deluge of "hate" showered on him by the Tryamkin zealots on here. His blog is littered with possibilities  and opinion. He does not try to portray them as facts at all. In fact compared to the average poster on here he seems to try to avoid giving opinion as fact.

For the uneducated "assume" "you could say" "whether" "you could say" (again) "it seems" "it appears" "things could change" are all conjectural terms not a statement of fact.

As far as I can see the only instances where he didn't make it clear it was only his opinion is where I would say he knew he was on safe ground. eg only a fool would say he was playing like a top liner or deny that the fact our D being pretty poor made Tryamkin look better.

Is Tryamkin "closing himself off" to the Canucks, who knows, he seems to lack maturity and the way he conducted that interview was not indicative of a player who wanted to let Canucks fans know how he was getting on or what he may see in the future." If he does come back I hope he doesn't "pretend" to not understand English and the Canucks give him some media training. (although from past form he would probably accuse the Canucks of singling him out for unfair treatment - again)

All in all just another CDC $&!#storm in a tea cup.

he's voicing completely uninformed, irresponsible opinions. furthermore, I didn't say he was a liar, I said his lack of credibility makes it so you can't accept what he says at face value. are his claims and opinions true? who knows? all I know is that I won't be taking this hack's word for it. he's forming his own narrative with no first hand information. every bit of information relating to tryamkin and the canucks has been filtered through the lens of mass media and then sullied with speculation and conjecture. basically, these bloggists drink their own kool-aid. they invent a premise for a story based on speculation rather than fact and then run with it. 

it's important to note that I don't give a damn about tryamkin one way or another. the guy, in my opinion, is hugely overrated on this website. my issue is solely with people irresponsibly publishing their own baseless opinions for others to read, because people in general are idiots and just accept what they read in an "article" as the truth, rather than just needless speculation and conjecture built on a basis of the same. 

• Cheers 2

Young guy, newly married and with some significant culture shock.  He had the option of playing here or in his home and make millions of dollars doing either.

We champion the home town kid that comes home, if BC is their home but, if it doesn't favour us he is a traitor.  That logic doesn't fly with me.  

Russians are always a higher risk, that is why they slip in the draft.  Tryamkin is still a decent D prospect, he has some great tools and could be playing in the league now but that is part of the risk calculation in taking any player especially a Russian.  Even with all that he still is worth a low draft pic and arguably has already given a very good return on the investment of a lower pic.

On 5/17/2018 at 9:20 AM, cuporbust said:

They all did. Willie was the worst though. I dont care how many good things he did , the rediculous ice time and roster moves he made made him the worst coach we have had in recent memory IMO. He was horrible overall. 

As a supposed NHL coach Willie was bizarre. No match ups...strange decisions on ice time. 

It really is shocking this guy even continues to work at anything other than the junior level imo.

Sorry...this is totally off topic in the Tryamkin thread.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, tas said:

he's voicing completely uninformed, irresponsible opinions. furthermore, I didn't say he was a liar, I said his lack of credibility makes it so you can't accept what he says at face value. are his claims and opinions true? who knows? all I know is that I won't be taking this hack's word for it. he's forming his own narrative with no first hand information. every bit of information relating to tryamkin and the canucks has been filtered through the lens of mass media and then sullied with speculation and conjecture. basically, these bloggists drink their own kool-aid. they invent a premise for a story based on speculation rather than fact and then run with it. 

it's important to note that I don't give a damn about tryamkin one way or another. the guy, in my opinion, is hugely overrated on this website. my issue is solely with people irresponsibly publishing their own baseless opinions for others to read, because people in general are idiots and just accept what they read in an "article" as the truth, rather than just needless speculation and conjecture built on a basis of the same. 

Tas we will just have to agree to differ on this one. I don't see it like you do.

I feel there is a double standard here. If the chap had got the interview and the blogger had relayed a whole lot of positives, CDC would not have given a damn that he wasn't an actual journalist. There is more than the bloggers drinking their own kool-aid.

19 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Tas we will just have to agree to differ on this one. I don't see it like you do.

I feel there is a double standard here. If the chap had got the interview and the blogger had relayed a whole lot of positives, CDC would not have given a damn that he wasn't an actual journalist. There is more than the bloggers drinking their own kool-aid.

the problem is this: the guy made an enormous, assumptive leap in logic and then based an entire blog post on that assumption as if it was a known fact. he decided that this one guy allegedly being denied an interview meant that tryamkin was freezing out canucks media as a whole (which is a wild, baseless assumption to make, not to mention petty), and then used that premise as the entire basis for his blog. that is piss poor, unethical "journalism" at best. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

“If the chap had got the interveiw”... a positive OR  negative interveiw would have been something for us to speculate about.   But there was no interveiw..  and we are left speculating about a bloggers opinion without any substance, other than the fact Nik slammed the door on him.

The kid really is only drinking his own kool-aid.    No substance,  nota word,..  english or russian.

Personally I think the blogger should have filed a “hurt feelings report” to Canucks Army :(.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

So uhh.... my question might be a bit off topic but..... uhhh..... how did Tryamkin do playing in the World Championships?

Tryamkin was pretty good against weaker opponents in the first three games, he played over 17 minutes against Belarus. Later on his playing time was significantly decreased, he was criticized for the mistake leading to the Jaskin's goal for Czechs, he was benched during the game against Slovakia and did not play in the last two games (both losses) against Sweden and Canada. In general, this was the first time Tryamkin had participated on such high international level with best players in the game, this was great learning experience for his development. As the Russian team coach Vorobiev said, Nikita played for the first time for the national team in the worlds, obviously Tryamkin did not have enough experience but Nikita would be fine going forward.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Tryamkin was pretty good against weaker opponents in the first three games, he played over 17 minutes against Belarus. Later on his playing time was significantly decreased, he was criticized for the mistake leading to the Jaskin's goal for Czechs, he was benched during the game against Slovakia and did not play in the last two games (both losses) against Sweden and Canada. In general, this was the first time Tryamkin had participated on such high international level with best players in the game, this was great learning experience for his development. As the Russian team coach Vorobiev said, Nikita played for the first time for the national team in the worlds, obviously Tryamkin did not have enough experience but Nikita would be fine going forward.

Thanks for the update! +1 and give yourself a pat on the back, good sir!

Hopefully Tryamkin learned as much as he could playing on the international stage. Especially from Pavel Datsyuk. The ins and outs of being a pro and everyday preparation.

• Upvote 1

It's maybe just as well that Tram stumbled a bit in this tournament. If he was feeling at all complacent about his game, this could show him that parts of his game still need work. It might help us to get a better Tram in a couple of years.

23 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

It's maybe just as well that Tram stumbled a bit in this tournament. If he was feeling at all complacent about his game, this could show him that parts of his game still need work. It might help us to get a better Tram in a couple of years.

Fitness is likely holding him back.  Guys in the Russian league appear to be able to get away with being less fit (and likely a bit overweight) than here.  

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fitness is likely holding him back.  Guys in the Russian league appear to be able to get away with being less fit (and likely a bit overweight) than here.  

That's possible. When he showed up at Canucks camp out of shape, one of the Eastern European posters pointed out that in Russia it is common for players to use training camp to get into shape, as it was in the NHL a few decades ago.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

That's possible. When he showed up at Canucks camp out of shape, one of the Eastern European posters pointed out that in Russia it is common for players to use training camp to get into shape, as it was in the NHL a few decades ago.

Kinda like Virtanen, Juolevi  and Horton ? 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

wonder if this would have been the case if he had stayed with the nucks and had a year of Green.   

14 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Just watched the Russia-Can semi's, it looked like they could have used Try against some of the Canadian's bigger forwards. Was this a preference for veterans or were there coach's preferences or familiarity with certain D?

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Watched Try a few games in the regular season and in Atvo's playoffs he looked game fit and lean, skated well. But I am surprised he got benched the Russians last two games. I watched my pvr and Can won in OT vs Russia. I could easily have seen Try in for a couple of their smaller D. Try's size would have helped against the big Canadian forwards. I think it was his age and preference for vets that did him in. I  think SKA St Petersburgh had favorite positioning with 8 players on the team. Hope he see's that as another reason to move back here. 

*Federation politics seemed to have eliminated Kovalchuk and Voynov, two guys who led the way to the Olympic Gold Medal

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched Try a few games in the regular season and in Atvo's playoffs he looked game fit and lean, skated well. But I am surprised he got benched the Russians last two games. I watched my pvr and Can won in OT vs Russia. I could easily have seen Try in for a couple of their smaller D. Try's size would have helped against the big Canadian forwards. I think it was his age and preference for vets that did him in. I  think SKA St Petersburgh had favorite positioning with 8 players on the team. Hope he see's that as another reason to move back here. 

*Federation politics seemed to have eliminated Kovalchuk and Voynov, two guys who led the way to the Olympic Gold Medal

Nice to see a fellow poster want this guy back here. He made our D a way more well rounded group. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1