The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, RetroCanuck said:

No wonder this thread always gets locked. All people do in here is compare d!ck sizes.

If he comes back great, if not, oh well

Tryamkin is 6’8”, right?  He’s a friggin’ HUGE guy.

He will be back in the NHL, but not here.

i say we will trade his rights to an eastern team, like Washington or TBay.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He would be snapped up in a NY minute, probably worth more than Tanev and Edler. Not bad for a 3rd round pick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He would be snapped up in a NY minute, probably worth more than Tanev and Edler. Not bad for a 3rd round pick.

I totally agree.  Tryamkin’s best value to us is likely his trade value.  He’s worth an equal prospect (Madison Bowie) or a first for sure.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I totally agree.  Tryamkin’s best value to us is likely his trade value.  He’s worth an equal prospect (Madison Bowie) or a first for sure.

He's worth a 1st rounder. But I think his value to Hughes is greater than what we could get in a trade.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's worth a 1st rounder. But I think his value to Hughes is greater than what we could get in a trade.

That’s an excellent point.  I guess it comes down to whether his wife will want to live here?  There seem to be more Russian players settling down back east.  

3 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

If you want to nitpick, Panarin must be a terrible player since he came over at 25 from the KHL, a league where Linden Vey is the top scorer... 

oh right, Panarin is a top 20 player in the world right now. 

Tryamkin has immense potential, is only what? 23? And has had his numbers improve, all while getting more important minutes in a more important role. 

There’s literally nothing negative to say about him other than the fact that he’s not in a nucks jersey right now. He would INSTANTLY be one of our top 3 dmen on opening night. 

He's 24, so by the time he comes back, he'll be 26yrs.  Who knows what the Canuck D lineup will look like by then.  He plays on the left side, so he will likely be behind Hughes and Juolevi ( I don't think Green likes playing guys on their wrong side).

I hope he comes back and makes the top 6, but I'm not holding my breath.

18 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

He's 24, so by the time he comes back, he'll be 26yrs.  Who knows what the Canuck D lineup will look like by then.  He plays on the left side, so he will likely be behind Hughes and Juolevi ( I don't think Green likes playing guys on their wrong side).

I hope he comes back and makes the top 6, but I'm not holding my breath.

He has stated that he is comfortable playing either side. And whenever I think about watching him play, I remember him on the right side, so I really don't think Green has a problem playing him on whichever side he is needed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sikhguy23 said:

Hughes and tryamkin together.... thought of it makes me drool. Then juolevi and woo as a second pairing. Our D doesen’t look so bad, especially with the added size of the Russian (no pun intended :lol:). 

At least with Hughes and Tryamkin the average height will still be like 6' 3" for the pairing

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

The Tranman doesn't like to fight' so I am unsure how much protection he will provide.

Not really taking about fighting since it’s being phased out,and besides the clowns that run around and agitate rarely fight. But if demko s getting hacked or run I rather have tryamkin “explaining” what going to happen than Hughes. 

He just touched  some guys and they would go crashing into the boards. He’s a big strong player. Him and possibly woo down the road would give demko some piece of mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

If the prospect forum was a battery than the Tryamkin thread would be the negative terminal and the Pettersson thread would be the positive. 

For CDC generally, the Boeser thread would be the positive and the Gagner thread the negative 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Trymakin is a enigma like many Russian players he makes no sense sometimes. 

Picture an average sized average NHL defender. IMO Trymakin is as capable NHL player as any without his size. Just imagine Trymakin as 6’2 205 lbs.  To me he is currently about a 5/6 guy if he was average sized. 

He has the skating and defensive awareness with some modest offence potential.  With some time as an average sized player he could maybe become a 3/4 defender.  

Now take that average player and make him 6’8 270lbs.

With that size any contact even incidental is just plain scary for most NHL players.

The added strength increases his shot power.  

He would become a better defender on reach alone. 

That average guy would become a net clearing freak of nature.  

Just by playing to average level of play a guy Trymakins size would be a sought after player in the NHL.  

As a 22 y/o rookie he was already there. IMO he played better than other defenders getting more minutes. 

JB needs to bring him back,

if for anything, to boost his value and trade him for something great. 

Or add his rights to an Edler or Tanev package to boost the return into a great prospect like Foote and conditional 1st pending Trymakins return to the NHL. 

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Using your definition of toughness I still am unsure of his toughness.  :)

He manhandled Jamie Benn and Getzlaf. First Canuck Dman to do that since Ohlund. Even Ohlund didnt have the sheer size advantage. I remember the games Tryamkin got into Benn's and Getzlaf kitchens and it still puts a grin on my face. I ffnn miss the guy. 

• Upvote 3