The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I’m seeing Maple Leafs defender Mikko Lehtonen just terminated his contract with Jokerit in hopes of joining the Leafs. It’s time big Tryamkin did the same thing with his KHL club. It should give him enough time to fly to North America, quarantine and start prepping for camp, with a genuine shot to make top 6 on this club. We need this guy, and hopefully he realizes the time is now to make it happen. Enough waiting.

I doubt Try will burn any bridges with the Russian Hockey Federation.

15 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m seeing Maple Leafs defender Mikko Lehtonen just terminated his contract with Jokerit in hopes of joining the Leafs. It’s time big Tryamkin did the same thing with his KHL club. It should give him enough time to fly to North America, quarantine and start prepping for camp, with a genuine shot to make top 6 on this club. We need this guy, and hopefully he realizes the time is now to make it happen. Enough waiting.

Lehtonen is under contract with Toronto and was on loan to Jokerit - he's returning to Toronto because the loan has ended per Jokerit.   Not the same situation for Tryamkin.

From Jokerit's press release (via google translate):  'Mikko Lehtonen's loan in Jokers has ended. The defender will next head to Canada to prepare for the start of the NHL season.'

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I doubt Try will burn any bridges with the Russian Hockey Federation.

His loyalty suggests otherwise, but I can still hope. When you consider 33% of the games we play this year will likely be against the Flames and the Leafs, I’d just love to see Tree wipe out those little snots against the boards over and over again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Any chance that the Dec. 1 deadline for signing players gets pushed back? (Aka the Nylander deadline). And if so so, would it affect Tryamkin's chances of being able to suit up for us this coming season, or is the 21/22 season the absolute soonest? 

From the CBA MOU:  

S. 11.4 Signing Deadline for a Group 2 Free Agent

The December 1 deadline shall occur on the date that is closest to the one-quarter (1/4) mark of the 2020-21 Regular Season.

The target start date of the season is 1 January and would run until mid-May per Friedman.  So a quarter into the season would be by mid-February.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mll said:

From the CBA MOU:  

S. 11.4 Signing Deadline for a Group 2 Free Agent

The December 1 deadline shall occur on the date that is closest to the one-quarter (1/4) mark of the 2020-21 Regular Season.

The target start date of the season is 1 January and would run until mid-May per Friedman.  So a quarter into the season would be by mid-February.

Meaning he won’t be able to sign this season.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, aGENT said:

As for the D, I doubt Benning is done yet FWIW. We're also probably not going to have a full 23 man 'official' roster to save cap and take advantage of the likely extra 'black ace' capacity that will likely be aloud. That's likely to include at least a couple of Juolevi, Rafferty, Rathbone, Brisebois etc.

As for making cap room for forwards, trading any of Pearson, Sutter or Benn towards the TDL easily covers that.

Do the black aces not count toward the cap - don’t we have to have cap room to bring them into the lineup? We are still over our cap, are we not? 

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Why not? He's no Loui Eriksson. He's a top 4 dman with size and can skate. Depending on the options available, he could be a solid add or at worst, they could retain and flip him for good value.

Seattle is into advanced stats - already among the larger departments out there.  In their GM search they evaluated contract efficiency of the different GM candidates.  Myers is often listed among the inefficient contracts where he doesn't quite bring the value of a 6M player so it would be quite surprising if Seattle picks him up.  

It looks like they will have the opportunity to make Vegas type trades and take advantage of cap strapped teams.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Seattle is into advanced stats - already among the larger departments out there.  In their GM search they evaluated contract efficiency of the different GM candidates.  Myers is often listed among the inefficient contracts where he doesn't quite bring the value of a 6M player so it would be quite surprising if Seattle picks him up.  

It looks like they will have the opportunity to make Vegas type trades and take advantage of cap strapped teams.

Well that makes it easier for us to "protect" him by still exposing him anyway. And if this is true, then makes sense why Benning structured Holtby's contract to force them into a decision to see if it's worth picking him at all.

Wouldn't be smart by Seattle to reveal their hand like that as it takes away one avenue of leverage they could pull.

9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Do the black aces not count toward the cap - don’t we have to have cap room to bring them into the lineup? We are still over our cap, are we not? 

Theoretically, no they wouldn't. They would essentially be waived/assigned and not on the roster but still in town practicing etc and available, without flight or border issues. Then simply 'recalled' as required (injury, rest, poor performance etc) where another player would then take their spot (creating the cap space).

• Like 1

On November 17, 2020 at 8:29 AM, vannuck59 said:

Sign  Tryamkin and expose Myers we dont need a 6 million dollar Dman in the 5 to 6 hole . I believe Cernak will be dealt  to van 

Cernak I would love a  #3 STAY AT HOME D MAN--6'3" , 23 yrs old we would have a kick ass back end..

Hughes - Schmidt

Edler - Cernak

Myers - Juolevi..

Rathbone, Rafferty

It’s so frustrating that we could be playing this season without Tryamkin, when things were looking so promising up until about August. If we could find a way to bring him over for this season, our defense would look so much more complete. He brings the exact tools we need right now. Surely there must be something that can be done. I don’t want to wait another season.

14 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It’s so frustrating that we could be playing this season without Tryamkin, when things were looking so promising up until about August. If we could find a way to bring him over for this season, our defense would look so much more complete. He brings the exact tools we need right now. Surely there must be something that can be done. I don’t want to wait another season.

Now the rumour is that the season doesn't start until Feb.1st. Try will be in prime shape when he shifts over. 

• Vintage 2

14 minutes ago, Slegr said:

We do have a current backlog of LHD on the roster atm, plus Juolevi and Rathbone possibly pushing for spots this season. Edler and Benn off the books after this season may open up a better opportunity for him to step in at that time, and we'll also have some time to see what we have in our up and coming D-corps, make some moves for picks if need be.

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

We do have a current backlog of LHD on the roster atm, plus Juolevi and Rathbone possibly pushing for spots this season. Edler and Benn off the books after this season may open up a better opportunity for him to step in at that time, and we'll also have some time to see what we have in our up and coming D-corps, make some moves for picks if need be.

Tryamkin is left handed, but almost exclusively plays on the right side. He would've been a perfect fit for our bottom pair RD right now, although we would've had to clear some cap to fit him in.

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Tryamkin is left handed, but almost exclusively plays on the right side. He would've been a perfect fit for our bottom pair RD right now, although we would've had to clear some cap to fit him in.

I know he plays on the right, but as it stands right now, Myers is our only RHD. We'll see if Rafferty makes the jump this season, but it just seems a little thin on rightys. My point was, it'll be easier to wait until the offseason when $8m in cap, and 2 roster spots open up on the left side, and we'll have a better understanding of what we have in the system coming up.

Edited by Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I know he plays on the right, but as it stands right now, Myers is our only RHD. We'll see if Rafferty makes the jump this season, but it just seems a little thin on rightys. My point was, it'll be easier to wait until the offseason when $8m in cap, and 2 roster spots open up on the left side, and we'll have a better understanding of what we have in the system coming up.

Vegas played with 5 LHD. Schmidt and Tryamkin are more than capable on that side, so I'm not too worried about that.

Yes it'll be fine for us to bring Tryamkin in next offseason with more freedom with the cap, but he would be a perfect fit for our current need now.

• Cheers 1