The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Leafs interested in Eric Staal

Plum

HAH

J Staal E Staal for Nylander Reilly and a first...just to start. Imagine them canes after.

Anyone think nonis is dumb enough to Burke that?

Both Staal's? Nylander, Reilly, a first plus something, something for Jordan.

Plus let us be reminded this potentially leaves Carolina with rookie Victor Rask, and his 3 NHL games experience, as their starting centre.

Plus let us be reminded this potentially leaves Carolina with rookie Victor Rask, and his 3 NHL games experience, as their starting centre.

That's more than Hurricanes got for Jordan.

yeah until they get McDavid

Yes I know who that leaves them with. It also leaves them with the better chance at Mc Jesus and if the Leafs do their usual thing two top 10 picks in this years draft.

I do have to say though, that there is almost NO WAY Jordan Staal alone is worth that package, he is frequently injured not a big point getter and not even a solid shut down center anymore.

While Carolina adds Nylander (fan recognition) Reilly (solid blue line player) and a 1st which could be an additional top 10 pick.

For good ol Nonis, it's that knee jerk move Leafs fans are used to, it makes them appear competitive by not giving up much in the roster and assures their mediocrity for an additional decade as is usual.

You cannot seriously tell me that doesn't look like a deal Nonis would do in a moment. Remember what he allegedly offered for Richards ;)

That's more than Hurricanes got for Jordan.

yeah until they get McDavid

For both Staals, yes it's a shade more. But a Leafs standard for trades.

Sounds like these talks are heating up.

Gardiner + Kadri + 2015 1st for Eric Staal

See that's feasible, but I cannot see it being the end all be all move the Canes would jump on, especially knowing they've 3 of 4 Staals in the system.

For both Staals, yes it's a shade more. But a Leafs standard for trades.

See that's feasible, but I cannot see it being the end all be all move the Canes would jump on, especially knowing they've 3 of 4 Staals in the system.

Also keep in mind Marc Staal will be ufa at the end of the year so they could get 4 of 4 Staals.

Also keep in mind Marc Staal will be ufa at the end of the year so they could get 4 of 4 Staals.

Lol Carolina Collecting Staals :P Gotta have the full set!!

Sounds like these talks are heating up.

Gardiner + Kadri + 2015 1st for Eric Staal

I think this is a pretty fair deal for both sides.

Archived