The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Shero may shop #6 pick for scoring help

Would love to get that pick. Needs some tweaking but something based around ROR + 10th overall for 6th overall + Merrill/Gelinas + 2015 2nd + conditional pick (probably a 1st if ROR re-signs and a 2nd or 3rd if he doesn't). Draft Provorov and use Merrill/Gelinas with our 2nd and maybe something else to get a top 6 RW that fits the age of the core.

Trade Vrbata + Jensen + whoever else they want not named McCann/Virtanen/Horvat for the 6th overall

then package our 1st and the 6th overall to Buffalo for Eichel

we get our own 18 yr old superstar. Eichel vs Mcdavid 6 times a year :emot-parrot:

Trade Vrbata + Jensen + whoever else they want not named McCann/Virtanen/Horvat for the 6th overall

we get our own 18 yr old superstar. Eichel vs Mcdavid 6 times a year :emot-parrot:

Theres no way Buff trades their 2nd overall in general, and especially not for a 6th and a 23rd

Guys calm down

Sbisa, Vey and a 1st will get it done

If you really want the pick without giving up a grade A propsect

2015 1st 2016 1st Kassian, Edler, Vrbata would be about right. The truth hurts doesnt it CDC

NJ

Vrbata

VAN

1/6 '15

Take it or leave it.

BUF

1/6 '15

1/23 '15

VAN

1/2 '15

LUCIC - HORVAT - KASSIAN

SHINKARUK - EICHEL - VIRTANEN

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

I mean.......

NJ

Vrbata

VAN

1/6 '15

Take it or leave it.

BUF

1/6 '15

1/23 '15

VAN

1/2 '15

LUCIC - HORVAT - KASSIAN

SHINKARUK - EICHEL - VIRTANEN

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - BURROWS

I mean.......

we wouldn't even need defence for that sick top 9 lol

Some of you guys are completely out to lunch.

If Devils do move this pick, it won't be for a return centered on a 34 year-old with one year left until UFA status.

We actually may be good trading partners with NJ though - but not for the pick. Rumour is they may trade one of their excellent young D-men (Larsson, Severson, Gelinas, Merrill) for scoring help. The first two are probably pretty expensive (and righties, so less of a need for us), but maybe there is a deal to be made for Gelinas or Merrill (both LDs), with 1/2 of our young forwards not named Horvat/Virtanen/McCann (i.e. Vey, Shinkaruk, Jensen, Cassels, etc.) going the other way.

Perfect post.

Too bad the lustre, and therefore trade value, of Jensen is a bit low atm. Is Shinkaruk enough to get a Gelinas?

Would we move a Baertschi?? An unfortunate truth is you have to pay for good players.

And my, oh my, how dumb does having picked Mallet 3 picks before Severson look now! There were people on CDC calling for Gillis's scalp within seconds of that pick.

We do need RD, not LD IMO

Good call Garth!

Edler, Hamhuis, Sbisa & Stanton > Tanev etc...

Man that D, left or right, could use a big guy who could skate!

I look at all these trades from the fans of the team on this forum and I interject with some common sense.

Offering up Vrbata/Shinkaruk/Bieksa/Hamhuis/23rd overall pick.

Edmonton and Chiarelli laugh and offer Eberle Nikitin Pittsburghs pick and 25% retained salary for the 6th overall and Gelinas.

What now? Now you're seeing how laughable those offers are.

MMmm how about Toronto offers Kessel a 2nd and 20% retained salary for the 6th

Colorado trades O'Reilly AND a 3rd for the 6th

Oh wait, Carolina offers Staal for the 6th overall

See how foolish those initial offers are from this forum on behalf of the Nucks?

There are 5 teams drafting top 10 that can blow those trades out of the water with quality AND quantity without moving their top 10 pick and shedding cap in the process.

Come on, we're not getting the 6th for parts.

I find it frigging laughable all year long people are suggesting that picks this year are priceless, then we see multiple picks going out at the trade deadline and now those same people offer up crap for the 6th overall as though it's possible.

Come on people.

Sorry. These other concepts are just as wrong.

Just why would Jersey, a rebuilding team trade for plump Phill Kessell or soon to be UFA Ryan O'Reilly?

An Eberle package for Larsson would make a ton of sense. That aside, Edmonton should moving on from acquiring assets, and start looking for guys in their prime.

Sure, Jersey wants Eric Staal for one year?

C'mon...

I see the Devils as a perfect trade destination for Phil Kessel.

Devils trade 6th Overall and Adam Larsson to Maple Leafs for Kessel -- perfect trade for Toronto to restock it's cupboards.

The Devils need to get younger up front and clear salary (paying a lot of guys not to play for them) . Trading for Kessel would be counter productive IMO

Devils trade 6th Overall and Adam Larsson to Maple Leafs for Kessel -- perfect trade for Toronto to restock it's cupboards.

That would be a terrible deal for the Devils and not at all the direction they probably want to go in

Being patient and rebuilding properly. You can't magically become competitive over night and we aren't competitive right now. I would have tried to move Radim at the deadline.

There's a very real chance the Canucks would've missed the playoffs if they'd traded Vrbata before this year's deadline, he was huge on the 2nd line & the PP started really clicking down the stretch.

I dunno, I really like making the playoffs...you have 0% chance of winning a Stanley Cup when you're on the outside looking in...this upcoming deadline? he may just be the perfect piece to move...but I'm skeptical.

Virtanen....

Or anyone who doesnt turn into a pu**y when the heavy hitting starts

So you see Virtanen jumping from the CHL at 52 pts in 50 games directly to the NHL? No AHL, just BOOM! Big Leagues?

I think the Oilers may have tried that approach, it seems to be working out well for them.

:lol:

In Toronto's dreams.

That's a plump fantasy!

Why do many people want to trade Shinkaruk? He has finally returned to form after being injured, and is having a terrific playoff.

Very little consequence to the team is thought out with the majority of these proposals. You just have to be tolerant with them here

Archived