The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 8/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, bbllpp said:

To me this is really tight and gets tighter with every one of Ferland’s LTIR dollars used to re-sign Petey and Quinn

It takes 1.83 M bonus roll over to have next year’s dead cap equal this year’s (Halak’s bonus is pretty much certain and between Jack, Nils and Vasily there is almost certain to be more)

As I explained above replacing all none Boeser contracts with league minimum only frees up 1.85 M and leaves holes all over the line up

Predicted cap increase is about 1 M

As fan42 said it’s doable if we keep it below 14M for EP and QH but if we give them the 16 suggested by BCNate then it will be a real problem 

Every LTIR dollar we spend on EP/QH potentially pushes a bonus dollar into next year and is one less LTIR dollar next year available to keep/replace Motte and Sutter as well as provide raises to Boeser, Rathbone and OJ

Best case we have 1.83+1+3.5 (from Ferland) = 6.33 for raises next year in order to keep what we have assuming we can resign EP and QH without dipping into Ferland’s LTIR and no bonus overages

We can extend that to 7.18 if we let Motte and Sutter go and replace at 0.75 which is certainly a step backwards.

If Boeser, Rathbone and/or OJ breaks out we will be moving assets to keep assets from a position of cap weakness 

edit: plus 1.5 M coming off from Halak to split between a back-up and the above.  League minimum backup at .75M adds another .75M to the above, again is that a step back?

We should be looking to move Myers and Miller after this year anyways. Get a lot of cap space and some good young assets/picks. Hopefully Woo and Podz are ready to step into their roles, but even if they aren't we should be looking for younger/cheaper options that are in our core's age group.

• Upvote 1

Brock looks leaner this year. Not really any less strong, but just looks like he focused his training on aspects that will support continued improvement in his skating (which he mentioned). I think after his injuries, he wanted to build strength and added some bulk as a preventative measure, but I suspect this off-season he really worked on his skating, and I can’t wait to see if the results are noticeable on the ice.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Added Twitter vid

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Brock looks leaner this year. Not really any less strong, but just looks like he focused his training on aspects that will support continued improvement in his skating (which he mentioned). I think after his injuries, he wanted to build strength and added some bulk as a preventative measure, but I suspect this off-season he really worked on his skating, and I can’t wait to see if the results are noticeable on the ice.

One year Brock come too camp huge, too big. He looked like a football player. This year he looks like hes in Sedin shape. If hes faster that would be great.

1 hour ago, LeanBeef said:

Random, I know, but is it just me or does this guy look like an Asian version of Brock? 

been listening to him for a minute now, and always thought he looked familiar.... only occurred to me recently that it’s Brock I was thinking of

F9438E74-8FAE-4266-8149-D79B5C362578.jpeg

I can see it a bit.

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Anyone know why/what happened?   Also:   aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

All I heard was Bess left practice early.  I’m guessing it’s a muscle strain?  It’s two weeks before game one, so he should be ready.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

All I heard was Bess left practice early.  I’m guessing it’s a muscle strain?  It’s two weeks before game one, so he should be ready.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.  :)

Thanks Alf....I'll try to scrape myself from the ceiling.

We all know how these a week or so's can turn out.  Can't be back soon enough.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Anyone know why/what happened?   Also:   aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Except in his postgame, Travis didn't say "about a week" .... he said "at least a week"

Slight difference, but hopefully Alf's diagnosis is correct, just a muscle strain

• Upvote 1