EV cars expected to be launched in 2021 by car maker:

VW:    Audi e-tron GT, VW I.D4, Taycan Cross Turismo, Audi Q4 e-tron, VW I.D.5

BMW: BMW iX, BMW i4

Lucid:  Lucid Air

Daimler/Mercedes: EQS , EQE

BYD:   BYD Han

XPENG: XPENG 7

Nio:     Nio ET7

Tesla will face fierce competition in 2021. Things will get worse for them.

Edited by Wolfgang Durst

36 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Reddit doesn’t care about these stocks. Puts on all of them!

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

While this is true (GM's hummer as well), Tesla is miles ahead of them in tech (pun intended) and market share. There is also the self driving race. The growth in China alone is expected to be dozens of percent. The margin did decrease this quarter but they are also finishing up the factories in Berlin and Texas, they also stopped selling the S and X because of the release of S and X Plaid. Elon also noted that there were supply chain challenges due to covid which negatively affected margin and a semiconductor shortage. Which is fair imo.

Overall, their growth is still at the very least impressive. What gets me is a lot of these Tesla bears, like the one in the video, make their calculations without the government subsidies included.. why? "Without government subsidies or incentives the stock would be overvalued".. blah blah blah. They act as if those subsidies and incentives are going to go away. Does anyone think the subsidies are decreasing under Biden/Harris? No. Further to that, Tesla's PE ratio is a common topic of bears, which is understandable - it's crazy high. But these same people probably wished they bought Amazon when their PE ratio was over 3000 in 2012, or 1000 in 2013, or 700 in 2014. I'm not saying Tesla will be Amazon but PE ratios in rapidly growing companies can be misleading.

All this is still only addressing their vehicles. Tesla has utility revenue streams as well that are never addressed. They are an innovative company. The world will be a better place if they succeed imo. Tesla's share price has moved down along with the rest of the market, though I am watching it closely. If this move down was going against the market trend I think it would be more alarming imo. Apple just recorded the best quarter in history and their share price dropped.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nzan said:

So 44 for the week, while you were shaking the rust off?

And remind me why it took you such a long time to go back?

The moves last week were hardly typical. It's not often stuff like BB swings up to $8 a day.

I was burned out after 17 years of hard core screen watching. Switched over to currency and futures trading. Had some of my stuff automated and enjoyed being lazy, perhaps a little too lazy.

• Like 1

Regarding the RobinHood story. There's something way bigger going on than opportunistic politicians on both sides trying to pretend they give a crap about the little guy.

Last Thursday RH had to tap their credit lines to raise $1 Billion. Then on Friday they continue restricting symbols and implement ridiculous purchase limits of 1 - 5 shares. In addition to limiting withdrawals. Among other restrictions. There's a problem at RH and it's not colluding with Wall Street hedge funds to screw the little guy. It looks like they have a massive hole in their balance sheet. This is looking like Refco and MF Global when they went under.

Some are speculating RH was running a B-book. 90+% of active traders lose money. So some brokerages take the 'Winners" and put them in the A-book. They take all the rest and put them in a B-book and take the other side of their trades because if they're going to lose they might as well lose to the brokerage. The client still gets to do buy whatever they want whenever they want it's just their own broker provides the liquidity rather than the market. Brokerages would never admit to doing this but it's common knowledge it does happen. It's especially common in Forex trading.

Well if you're taking the opposite side and these accounts are plowing into GME, AMC, BB, KOSS, EXPR etc. you're super fracked.

IMO 1 of 3 things is going to happen at RH.

#1 They are forced to do another capital raise as it seems clear the $1Billion they raised didn't solve the problem.

#2 They are going to be taken over.

#3 They will be bankrupt within 1-2 weeks.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1

just came here to say be careful to not believe in short squeeze's on silver. as long as jp morgan and hedge funds own almost 40% of SLV, they control the power of movement.

they are hoping retail investors buy at the recent inflated price so they can make billions. 

Retail investors do not have enough capital to fight against billionaires against a trillion dollar stock.

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Regarding the RobinHood story. There's something way bigger going on than opportunistic politicians on both sides trying to pretend they give a crap about the little guy.

Last Thursday RH had to tap their credit lines to raise $1 Billion. Then on Friday they continue restricting symbols and implement ridiculous purchase limits of 1 - 5 shares. In addition to limiting withdrawals. Among other restrictions. There's a problem at RH and it's not colluding with Wall Street hedge funds to screw the little guy. It looks like they have a massive hole in their balance sheet. This is looking like Refco and MF Global when they went under.

Some are speculating RH was running a B-book. 90+% of active traders lose money. So some brokerages take the 'Winners" and put them in the A-book. They take all the rest and put them in a B-book and take the other side of their trades because if they're going to lose they might as well lose to the brokerage. The client still gets to do buy whatever they want whenever they want it's just their own broker provides the liquidity rather than the market. Brokerages would never admit to doing this but it's common knowledge it does happen. It's especially common in Forex trading.

Well if you're taking the opposite side and these accounts are plowing into GME, AMC, BB, KOSS, EXPR etc. you're super fracked.

IMO 1 of 3 things is going to happen at RH.

#1 They are forced to do another capital raise as it seems clear the $1Billion they raised didn't solve the problem.

#2 They are going to be taken over.

#3 They will be bankrupt within 1-2 weeks.

the already borrowed from the bank 500 million.

over 50% of Robinhood traders owned GME stock, they are not happy with Robinhood. Users are already attempting to Transfer portfolios, Robinhood is attempting to slow down these transfers by limiting access to users statements that are needed for transfers.

Fidelity and WeBull is looking like the platform of choice for most User's.

This is not financial advice.

24 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

just came here to say be careful to not believe in short squeeze's on silver. as long as jp morgan and hedge funds own almost 40% of SLV, they control the power of movement.

they are hoping retail investors buy at the recent inflated price so they can make billions. 

Retail investors do not have enough capital to fight against billionaires against a trillion dollar stock.

It's one thing to squeeze out Melvin Capital and Citron. It's entirely another thing to squeeze Jamie Dimon and JP Morgan. Dimon is the smartest guy on Wall Street. I'd bet on him every time. If things got out of hand Comex would step in and raise margins.

3 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

While this is true (GM's hummer as well), Tesla is miles ahead of them in tech (pun intended) and market share. There is also the self driving race. The growth in China alone is expected to be dozens of percent. The margin did decrease this quarter but they are also finishing up the factories in Berlin and Texas, they also stopped selling the S and X because of the release of S and X Plaid. Elon also noted that there were supply chain challenges due to covid which negatively affected margin and a semiconductor shortage. Which is fair imo.

Overall, their growth is still at the very least impressive. What gets me is a lot of these Tesla bears, like the one in the video, make their calculations without the government subsidies included.. why? "Without government subsidies or incentives the stock would be overvalued".. blah blah blah. They act as if those subsidies and incentives are going to go away. Does anyone think the subsidies are decreasing under Biden/Harris? No. Further to that, Tesla's PE ratio is a common topic of bears, which is understandable - it's crazy high. But these same people probably wished they bought Amazon when their PE ratio was over 3000 in 2012, or 1000 in 2013, or 700 in 2014. I'm not saying Tesla will be Amazon but PE ratios in rapidly growing companies can be misleading.

All this is still only addressing their vehicles. Tesla has utility revenue streams as well that are never addressed. They are an innovative company. The world will be a better place if they succeed imo. Tesla's share price has moved down along with the rest of the market, though I am watching it closely. If this move down was going against the market trend I think it would be more alarming imo. Apple just recorded the best quarter in history and their share price dropped.

This is what a lot of these analysts always do, they base everything off the cars, not the rest of the revenue streams which are going to keep expanding.  Going to be really interesting to see which company decides to pay a royalty to Tesla to use their supercharger network or their FSD program instead of using lidar.

If whole market hadnt tanked and only tesla I would be much more worried.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to AMC tomorrow, personally I feel it’ll dip now.   I’ll likely sell tomorrow.  

AMC seems to be taking off this morning.  Another GME?

AMC did 1.5 million in volume in just the first 30 minutes of pre market. 

Edited by skolozsy2

On 1/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, aGENT said:

What app/platform are you guys using for trades? 

I assume most are utilizing TFSA account for funds?

I use WealthSimple.  I use a personal account for trading and a TFSA for long term investments.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I haven't looked yet but isn't there two different apps - one for trading and one for investment. Because as soon as I dump money in it it gets invested automatically. 

I opened all of my accounts on the WS app.  I made sure to choose a self-directed TFSA fwiw.