The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB sends out scouts to watch Swedish Leagues leading scorer - Anton Rodin

TheRussianRocket.

Glad to hear he's experiencing this success. A different kind of case here as it's now NHL or nothing. With the way the NHL is trending, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give him 1 mil one way, but at the same time Benning has with his experiments basically prevented this from happening (Baert, Vey are of the age of Rodin)

Won't happen.

I've always had a huge crush on Rodin and was pretty sad when his foray into NA play didn't go too well. Would love to see him come back and be a solid player. He might still be able to become a solid third liner, his SEL numbers are insane. However I'm still a little skeptical of him actually making it.

Try to move Vrbata for a young top 4 D-man and let Rodin and Shinkaruk duel for his roster spot next season.

Rodin - Cassels - Gaunce could be a great 3rd or 4th line in a few years time. 

In the Rodin thread I pretty much said I find it unlikely we'll ever see him in a Canucks uniform.  I'd like to be wrong but I find it more likely we see him as part of a package trade with one of or a combination of Hammer, Higgins, Vrbata a mid round pick or B prospect such as Jensen to try and net us that top 4 D prospect we really need.

I'd like to be wrong and see him enter our org again and be a top or middle 6 contributor but I won't hold my breath as right now his value is possibly higher than it might ever be simply based on point production in the SEL.

Maybe a bit like the Forsling sell-high situation, and yes, hopefully part of a package to get that D prospect.  If Baertschi or somebody else steps up enough to arouse interest on the trade market, maybe he can backfill that vacancy.  Otherwise, it's hard to see how he cracks our lineup right now unless injuries hit hard.  We seriously need to clear some room at forward.

Maybe a bit like the Forsling sell-high situation, and yes, hopefully part of a package to get that D prospect.  If Baertschi or somebody else steps up enough to arouse interest on the trade market, maybe he can backfill that vacancy.  Otherwise, it's hard to see how he cracks our lineup right now unless injuries hit hard.  We seriously need to clear some room at forward.

You're pretty much right on the money.  Who is to say Benning isn't simply going to mend fences and see if he'd be amiable to signing him and trading or else just his rights elsewhere as a still RFA.

Again, and I cannot state this enough.  I loved the Rodin pick.  I had and still have hopes he'll make it in either league.  But for right now I don't see where he fits in our middle 6 while readjusting to the NA game during the home stretch towards the playoffs by the time the SEL season is over.

I still find it more likely that we see him traded as part of a package deal knowing other NHL teams are quite interested in his game right now and his value is kind of site unseen at a high point.

That's just my opinion because otherwise i'd be thrilled to see him succeed in Van as a Nuck

His board play and physical game is still pretty weak according to some people who watch his games. He'd need to get prime pp minutes if he came over and be sheltered a bit. I think it's either him or Baertschi, can't have those 2 and Shinkaruk on the team.

Rodin is listed at 6'0" and 176. 

Archived