The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks Re-sign D Alex Biega

elvis15

He's earned every penny of that contract. You hear that a lot, but Biega actually did. He fought tooth and nail for it. He's impressed in every stint he's had with us.

He's responsible defensively, plays bigger than he is and brings a feisty element to our defense. Perfect 6-7 guy for us.

• b3. changed the title to [Signing] Canucks Re-sign D Alex Biega
23 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

2-way deal would've been much preferred. 

Why? Are you picking up the tab?

2 way would mean he makes less in the SHL. Has nothing to do with waivers. If he was waived and sent down his salary wouldn't count against the cap because it's so low.

41 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Because on a one way 2 things are a certainty, 

1, he's guaranteed a spot which i don't necessarily think he should be (I believe in competition )

2. If jb changes his mind he's at risk of being another Corrado

A 1 way at 700k only guarantees he's the number 7 dman. If we get more than that outta him, that's amazing value. And comparing him to Corrado doesn't make a lot of sense, Corrado never actually cracked the roster. He was still an unproven call up.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry bud calling BS on this

If ti didn't come from Vintage it isn't true.

Can we get some confirmation from an insider please?

i apreciate vintage but other people can post stuff as well.. do you have proof to even call bs...why don't you get the confirmation... and i am being mean for the op and for who ever wants to post stuff. total disrespect.

Archived