The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

4 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I'm not doubting that experts have said that but I don't fully agree with his game being held back. This is how I see it. Players like dane fox and kadri and shinkaruk will total close to 100 pts in the CHL at times. But certain styles of play don't translate to the nhl very well. 

Players like Getzlaf and Horvat and hopefully Juolev, they might not be putting up 100 pts in the CHL but their game translates better to the nhl.  Resulting in less of a point decrease.  

I'm no expert. That's just the way I see it. 

I think this is right. A big part of it is, can players still get it done with different partners or in different roles. OJ is still getting it done, in a bigger role this year on a team with a lot of changes. He's got 48 pts (equal to last year in the same # of games) and is a +26. 

What happened to Dane Fox? McDavid got drafted. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BoDangles53 said:

Sure, but many experts have also said, Oli plays a very "pro game' and his skill is actually being held back by playing in junior. Junior while fun to watch often doesn't have the same structure as the pro game, and just go to an AHL game and you'll see the same thing. Alot of players 'overskating' and out of position offensively and defensively. Like most players who think the game well, Oli is likely better around players who do the same.

People here are arguing for pages and pages that Oli wont be this or that in the NHL when he has yet to play a game, a season, a number of seasons. That's like telling your little nephew he won't amount to what he thinks he will even though he's getting straight A's in grade 11 but had a few A minuses mixed in there because only people who get Straight A's with no A minuses succeed - a bit early and a bit nonsensical

Perhaps the people here arguing back and forth about the future should go outside and meet some friends, as none of you is nostradamus and well even he was wrong

oh wow I wasn't arguing I just said you're entitled to your opinion meaning that your opinion is valid and my post saying Mete is better than Olli Offensively was is response to someone saying Mete is better than Olli overall.  So i was trying to say sure Mete is good at one thing but there are many other aspects of being a dman that Olli is much better at. One example is I think Olli is a much better facilitator of offense with his ability to get the puck out of the dzone and up ice to forwards cleanly.  This doesn't always show up on the score sheet but does help generate offense in a different way.  While Mete can skate the puck up, jump into the play more and act like a fourth forward so hes going to score more goals and get more points. Then I mentioned the interview to you so you could check out the source I got my information from. Im pretty new here so ill try to be more clear with my future post I guess.  Not trying to get people bent out of shape or anything.  

PS your friends comment low key hit a nerve.  Recently moved to a new city and dont have anyone to talk Canucks with ! lol please dont shame me out of here its all I got for now haha       

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wellnon said:

oh wow I wasn't arguing I just said you're entitled to your opinion meaning that your opinion is valid and my post saying Mete is better than Olli Offensively was is response to someone saying Mete is better than Olli overall.  So i was trying to say sure Mete is good at one thing but there are many other aspects of being a dman that Olli is much better at. One example is I think Olli is a much better facilitator of offense with his ability to get the puck out of the dzone and up ice to forwards cleanly.  This doesn't always show up on the score sheet but does help generate offense in a different way.  While Mete can skate the puck up, jump into the play more and act like a fourth forward so hes going to score more goals and get more points. Then I mentioned the interview to you so you could check out the source I got my information from. Im pretty new here so ill try to be more clear with my future post I guess.  Not trying to get people bent out of shape or anything.  

PS your friends comment low key hit a nerve.  Recently moved to a new city and dont have anyone to talk Canucks with ! lol please dont shame me out of here its all I got for now haha       

shame *bell ring*,  Shame *bell ring*, SHAME *bell ring*!!!

:D  <3

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wellnon said:

First part was directed at you second was 'collective' lol - sorry not meant to 'attack' in any way - although being on here a short time i can see why that's a 'natural' interpretation- almost have ptsd from this place already

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

What a laser by Juolevi to open the scoring vs Windsor. Nice move to gain the blueline too.

Beautiful play...and not only that....hes on the first pair defence with Mete so the theory floating around here (as if it had any merit) that hes not even a first pair d man in the ohl is bunk

He could have easily had an assist earlier in the pp with that beautiful feed to PU.

Edited by Darius71
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Skates by 1 skater, challenged directly by another pressured by 2 more still scores.

Pffft...i guess that's ok.  I mean, could obviously be betetr with a hattie a shutout AND a gordie how hattie as well but I guess it's ok.