The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Jasin is a known European poster here and would you look at that, he didn't find nothing.  #fakenews

I hate spoon feeding irritating trolls - but here you go.   You seem to have an extreme fixation with the fact that OJ cannot possibly ever get ill.   Perhaps this will help with your fascination with this.  This is the website.   Find the archived story that is similar re. the WJC team....not the one where they questioned the results but the one about the team having illness.   This one is about Olympic team illness.    Bet you never read that anywhere in English either.

Last time feeding the trolls.   

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000005576936.html

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Asking for proof to a statement is a stupid idea?  Wouldn't wanting to make sure something is real or credible be a smart idea? 

...give it a break....until you can ask Juolevi himself....we don't need to hear anymore of this crap....you should be out fishing anyway...why else live in Scrambled Liver....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Some believe  Jakub Zbořil.

reason being is video games is his other hobby listed world of Warcraft of his favorite game,(the only game in history, families fall apart. People quit there jobs just to play, move back with their parents basement to play) online mmo.  Google world of Warcraft real life stories.  Very sad and disturbing how a mother stopped being a mother because of the addiction of that game.  He also said it’s how he learns English playing this game, wow.

boston 1st rounder , lol. It might not be him also.

4 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Im avtually pretty sure thats legally slander isnt it? spreading harmful information about a public figure even though you dont know it to be true 

I think you're right, but since it was written down somewhere it actually is more close to libel than slander :)

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

reason being is video games is his other hobby listed world of Warcraft of his favorite game,(the only game in history, families fall apart. People quit there jobs just to play, move back with their parents basement to play) online mmo.  Google world of Warcraft real life stories.  Very sad and disturbing how a mother stopped being a mother because of the addiction of that game.  He also said it’s how he learns English playing this game, wow.

Hope not. Have him in my fantasy league :lol:

Does anything think there is a positive to any of this? Even though it's not Olli Juolevi, by having his name called out he might take his off-ice training a little more seriously and possibly play less video games. It's definitely not ideal to have your name dragged through the mud but it has already happened so I hope he is able to utilize this to light a fire under him.

4 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Exactly, so we shouldn't bother naming names as it's reckless.  The point of Marek's article wasn't to start a guessing game, it was to shine the light on how serious video game addiction can be.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Im avtually pretty sure thats legally slander isnt it? spreading harmful information about a public figure even though you dont know it to be true 

It should be. There's at least a case there. It would probably be libel though since it's written. Maybe Juolevi's agent will look into it.

Take it from me, I just got a 71 in media law! :lol:

20 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I hate spoon feeding irritating trolls - but here you go.   You seem to have an extreme fixation with the fact that OJ cannot possibly ever get ill.   Perhaps this will help with your fascination with this.  This is the website.   Find the archived story that is similar re. the WJC team....not the one where they questioned the results but the one about the team having illness.   This one is about Olympic team illness.    Bet you never read that anywhere in English either.

Last time feeding the trolls.   

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000005576936.html

Let me add some words and maybe end this whole OJ story.

I do believe that OJ was scratched during that time, however I don't think it was only because of his performance. Maybe he needed a break, maybe he had some flu, we'll never know. Only thing I called Rob out is that it wasn't posted anywhere, that OJ was sick. That's the only thing I'm questioning and I thing that's the only thing that should be questioned.

We'll never know which elements went to the decision to scratch OJ. Usually it's not only one. Maybe he needed break after WJC and travel. Maybe he needed to watch games from press box. My personal subjective view is that all the parts had some impact. At the time he didn't play his best, he had a hard stretch behind him and was tired and needed some rest, even some small flu could be.

I'm curios person, I do read/write Finnish very well, plus other language. Played the game myself professionally in Europe. Been Canuck fan since Bure era.

Too all of people who are worried, sit back, buy popcorn and enjoy this time, as we are truly experiencing something truly awesome. Benning has build a future team that will be top 5 teams for long time. Be grateful that he has the guts, plan and he is executing the plan.

Peace :)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I wonder if Salo would like one more year with OJ as he seemed to have a good read on the development needs and the progress was really strong during the season and particularly when the games got more physical/faster in the playoffs.   Cull seems to be a good coach for the kids that play D - Green was good for Boeser....but not sure on the D as much as he pretty much left that up to Baumgartner I believe.    Perhaps the best move the Canucks can make with OJ is to put him where he develops the best next  year - even if he is more than ready for the NHL - so they can maximize his ceiling as they already know the floor looks really good.

19 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

It should be. There's at least a case there. It would probably be libel though since it's written. Maybe Juolevi's agent will look into it.

Take it from me, I just got a 71 in media law! :lol:

Wouldn't they have to prove damages? He already has a contract, he hasn't been cut from any teams. Maybe if he gets sent to Utica at Camp in the fall they could try that.

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I wonder if Salo would like one more year with OJ as he seemed to have a good read on the development needs and the progress was really strong during the season and particularly when the games got more physical/faster in the playoffs.   Cull seems to be a good coach for the kids that play D - Green was good for Boeser....but not sure on the D as much as he pretty much left that up to Baumgartner I believe.    Perhaps the best move the Canucks can make with OJ is to put him where he develops the best next  year - even if he is more than ready for the NHL - so they can maximize his ceiling as they already know the floor looks really good.

Given all the depth we have on left D, that's probably where he is, even if he could technically be 'ready'.

On 2018-05-24 at 11:23 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

There is an ignore button.   I encourage you to use it.   Enjoying reading fake crap on prospects to your heart's content! :)

I guess the difference between you and me is that I don't read something and automatically react with my emotions, so I don't need to censor posters on here in order to reinforce my confirmation bias. 

• Upvote 1