The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Canucks should be targeting Dumba.  

I like Dumba a LOT.   Don't get impression he is totally in the Wild's plans either.   Not sure Vancouver has tools to pry though - what do you think it would take?    A Dumba/OJ pairing could be one of the leagues top pairs in a few years.   

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I like Dumba a LOT.   Don't get impression he is totally in the Wild's plans either.   Not sure Vancouver has tools to pry though - what do you think it would take?    A Dumba/OJ pairing could be one of the leagues top pairs in a few years.   

He’s 23 fits our age group, super talented offensively, RHD, just coming off a breakout 50 point season, plays a ton of minutes.  He’s exactly what this team could use. 

I read somewhere that Wild would hope to do a 4 year $4.5 million contract but that seems like hope and dreams for what his comparables are getting:

Barrie gets 5.5, Hamilton gets 5.75, Reilly gets 5.0, Krug gets 5.25, His own teammate Spurgeon gets 5.187 (a contract signed 2 years ago) while playing a very similar role.  I can’t see Dumba getting anything lower than 5.25.   

I don’t know what the Wild would be willing to part with, they are really tight with the cap with and need to resign Zucker as well, so cap space is one need but it’s going to take more than that to get him.

They are loaded with prospect (Ek, Greenway, Kaprizov, Kunin) so they don’t really need any of our young propsects

They have quite good young D depth, (Olofsson, Seeler) so they don’t really need a player like Hutton/Pouliot

I would put him in the Hamilton type value of a return which landed the Bruins a 15th overall + 45th overall + 52nd overall.  But since they are mostly in a win now mode due to being locked up in aging contracts I’m not sure if they would be looking for picks as the focal point.  

Honestly if they were moving Dumba, a player they would have the most interest in is Tanev.  They could really use a top 4 RHD replacement that knows how to shutdown top lines.  Obviously it would be packaged on both sides but that’s likely who they would look for.  Dumba + Ennis (cap dump) for Tanev + Granlund? I don’t know maybe a bit more on our end. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Glad to hear he is a good guy.   I am pretty concerned about all the changes and if they get the bench sorted, that will help a lot.   Soooo much talent on that team and in the pipeline.  However bit of a stupid response on his end - great thing to post on the locker room wall....further, any coach in league not interested in Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen or Tanev as a start isn’t thinking hard enough about the job....were wiggly pops involved?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Hey i talked with the coach yesterday at his golf tourney... they are trying to acquire more talent up front. They are seeing if someone wants a high end dman for a high pick and another high prospect. Says they are very happy with the defence going forward with or without hanifan but think they can get further with assets from hanifan trade. I asked who on Canucks they like and without hesitation he said "no one actually" lmao! He's an awesome guy :)

thats funny and depressing at the same time 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Totally joking he was :) but who knows for sure! I don't think it's gonna be one of those "Ballard, Raymond, Rome, Granlund, and Hutton for Hannifin" kind of deals!

thats for sure. For me the price for Hanafin is too high for the Canucks right now so I'm good with it :P

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Glad to hear he is a good guy.   I am pretty concerned about all the changes and if they get the bench sorted, that will help a lot.   Soooo much talent on that team and in the pipeline.  However bit of a stupid response on his end - great thing to post on the locker room wall....further, any coach in league not interested in Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen or Tanev as a start isn’t thinking hard enough about the job....were wiggly pops involved?

My guess would be they're not interested in much of anything we have available

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

My guess would be they're not interested in much of anything we have available

I think the main reason for his response is if he mentioned names that could be considered tampering.  Just easier to brush the question off.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Manufacturing drama -- between the local media and parrots here on CDC, he's sure got that right.

I expect him to be more professional than the trucker mouth tweet. Pretty immature imo.

Edited by 73 Percent

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I expect him to be more professional than the trucker mouth tweet. Pretty immature imo.

All he said was $&!#, which is not a big deal haha. You can tell he was frustrated but I don’t think it was excessive.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

That's Markus.   He is actually a pretty cool guy but very passionate (I love how he claims Canadian's are passionate as his reason for the fabricated drama).   I think he is very professional in terms of being a very strong advocate for his clients and he supports them 100% and you can see him in the rink more than most.   Potty mouth on twitter may be an issue for some but to me, the guy is simply being who he is and that is a pretty candid guy.   I think Canuck fans would be happy to have more of their players having a guy like Markus representing their players as he gets development, he gets big picture (e.g. long-term) and he gets loyalty.   

Give him a chance 73, I think he will be a good influence on OJ in his transformation to the show.

22 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Hardly unprofessional. It's not even him tweeting. It's him probably getting angry on a phone call having refuted it so many times and then getting quoted by Sportsnet. If anyone's to blame it's whoever runs the Sportsnet Twitter.