The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

I really like how Gaunce played last night and down in the AHL. Gagner is just starting to get in an offensive groove. If anything Virtanen deserves more minutes not being scratched. I honestly don't see any reasonable solution other than rotating Eriksson, Gaunce, Gagner, Virtanen and Burmistrov with 2 in the lineup every night.

8 minutes ago, TonyStrecher said:

I really like how Gaunce played last night and down in the AHL. Gagner is just starting to get in an offensive groove. If anything Virtanen deserves more minutes not being scratched. I honestly don't see any reasonable solution other than rotating Eriksson, Gaunce, Gagner, Virtanen and Burmistrov with 2 in the lineup every night.

That honestly wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Let them all duke it out for the spots.

The unmovable Louie Eriksson to bad it his contract not his net front presence were talking about.

trade with 50% or more retained could  be the only way he might get moved and the return would still be next to nil.

hard to imagine another 4season with him here.

Edited by combover

7 hours ago, combover said:

The unmovable Louie Eriksson to bad it his contract not his net front presence were talking about.

trade with 50% or more retained could  be the only way he might get moved and the return would still be next to nil.

hard to imagine another 4season with him here.

The contract is quite movable in year 5. Only two more seasons after this one. 

And hopefully he'll perform even somewhat better during that time. 

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The contract is quite movable in year 5. Only two more seasons after this one. 

And hopefully he'll perform even somewhat better during that time. 

I guess that’s a positive spin. 

Won’t he be 35 with a cap hit of 6mill, sure hope for his sake and ours he can find his game.

hes just looked lost here like he not sure what his role with the club has ever been,no real plan b  for him once  plan A the sedin line didn’t work.

i just can’t see a team that needs what he brings at that price and when he’s older and even slower pretty clear the game is moving to young faster players. 

Time will tell. 

55 minutes ago, combover said:

I guess that’s a positive spin. 

Won’t he be 35 with a cap hit of 6mill, sure hope for his sake and ours he can find his game.

hes just looked lost here like he not sure what his role with the club has ever been,no real plan b  for him once  plan A the sedin line didn’t work.

i just can’t see a team that needs what he brings at that price and when he’s older and even slower pretty clear the game is moving to young faster players. 

Time will tell. 

Retain 50%. It becomes a $3m cap hit but only an average of $1.25m actual salary the last 2 years. For a solid 3rd line, 2 way winger (what he's been for us so far), that's not a terrible price. 

It's just that our current  $6m is too much for that :lol:

There is also some small chance though that his play actually does improve the next couple years. 

36 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Retain 50%. It becomes a $3m cap hit but only an average of $1.25m actual salary the last 2 years. For a solid 3rd line, 2 way winger (what he's been for us so far), that's not a terrible price. 

It's just that our current  $6m is too much for that :lol:

There is also some small chance though that his play actually does improve the next couple years. 

Retaining 3 mill cap hit in years 5+6 is not really a better option. IMHO he needs to go to Robidas island the Aqua men choke on the contract and Loui I dunno can he become a skills coach or something?

Through 8 games he has 4 assists but no goals yet. 3 points in 4 games. He's been pretty good lately and hopefully he starts banging in some goals. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

Too much hate for the guy early in the season.

How he is deployed affects his offensive prowess but despite being used in a defensive role, he looks pretty good so far. Wait until next year without Sedin2. I suspect he will be given more of a leadership role, he will run with it, and the points will follow. In 19/20 or 20/21, his cap hit should look respectable when the Nucks are making a play-off push with few play-off veterans in the line-up. I think Benning's game plan is medium term with Loui.

On 11/19/2017 at 11:20 PM, Odd. said:

Through 8 games he has 4 assists but no goals yet. 3 points in 4 games. He's been pretty good lately and hopefully he starts banging in some goals. 

All four of his assists this season have been primary assists as well. 

Regular Season

Rk Date Tm   Opp P Time   Description
1 2017-10-07 VAN   EDM 2 00:32 EV Goal by Bo Horvat, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Alexander Edler
2 2017-11-14 VAN @ LAK 2 05:10 EV Goal by Henrik Sedin, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Derrick Pouliot
3 2017-11-18 VAN   STL 2 05:23 SH Goal by Markus Granlund, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Alex Biega
4 2017-11-18 VAN   STL 2 10:58 PP Goal by Sven Baertschi, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Thomas Vanek

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

All four of his assists this season have been primary assists as well. 

Regular Season

Rk Date Tm   Opp P Time   Description
1 2017-10-07 VAN   EDM 2 00:32 EV Goal by Bo Horvat, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Alexander Edler
2 2017-11-14 VAN @ LAK 2 05:10 EV Goal by Henrik Sedin, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Derrick Pouliot
3 2017-11-18 VAN   STL 2 05:23 SH Goal by Markus Granlund, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Alex Biega
4 2017-11-18 VAN   STL 2 10:58 PP Goal by Sven Baertschi, assisted by Loui Eriksson and Thomas Vanek

Loui is looking a heck of a lot better than he was last year. Happy for the guy.

I still think he should be tried with Bo and Brock, the twins will retire within a year or two, but Loui will still be on the books for four more years, you don't still want to be looking for chemistry in year 3. 

Erikkson - Horvat - Boeser

Vanek - Gagner - Granlund

Gaunce - Sutter - Dorsett

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

I like the game Sven plays but unless he wants a bridge deal, I don't think he'll be worth the money he's asking for, especially come the playoffs.