The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

Just now, Timråfan said:

It's not an excuse, more about broaden the horizon. If you understand more of what can happen you might think for a while before posting ignorance. 

I hear what you're saying but I'm not posting ignorance.

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

You're reading too much into what I write. I'm not defending Louis play. I know too little. 

What I say is that it's easy for a coach to make a player look bad. If Green does it on purpose or if Loui don't fit in Greens game or if Loui is just old is something I doesn't know. 

If you don't know enough information about something, don't call other people ignorant.

For the record, I really hoped Eriksson would "click" on this team, especially when the Sedins around. Maybe he'd rejuvenate them based on their past chemistry in the tournament. I was actually excited. He had three 30+ goal seasons. Maybe he could play like Vrbata did when he first came. But none of that came to fruition.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

I hear what you're saying but I'm not posting ignorance.

If you don't know enough information about something, don't call other people ignorant.

For the record, I really hoped Eriksson would "click" on this team, especially when the Sedins around. Maybe he'd rejuvenate them based on their past chemistry in the tournament. I was actually excited. He had three 30+ goal seasons. Maybe he could play like Vrbata did when he first came. But none of that came to fruition.

Change you to fans instead. I never meant you... It was a comment to broaden the horizon. You see how easy it is to be misunderstood. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

That is one of the dumbest comments that I have heard on here in awhile.

Why would any coach do that??? It would not be in his or the teams best interests.

As I said before; you can spin it or troll as much as you want but the bottom line is that Loui did not live up to expectations as a top six forward and that is not because the coach didn't give him ample opportunities to produce over the last few years.

Tell that to the coaches doing that... 

If you think no coach bullie away players your eyes are true blue. 

Neither I or you know exactly what happens within the team and what Green truly think about. 

Loui likes to skate around and collect his paycheck.  It's a dog eat dog world. :)

My 2nd favorite team is the St. Louis Blues.  I was cheering for them to beat Big Buff and the Jets.  We all know their coach was an enforcer and finished with the 7th highest penalty minutes in the NHL.

All his players brought in and look at them now.  They were such a hard hitting, gritty team than even their EURO players - Sundqvist and Barbashev were finishing their checks.

Sammy Blais and Sunqvist has size, grit and skills.  Add their smaller skill players, they will be a contender for years.

38 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Tell that to the coaches doing that... 

If you think no coach bullie away players your eyes are true blue. 

Neither I or you know exactly what happens within the team and what Green truly think about. 

Why don't you go troll on some other site as it is pretty obvious that is what you trying to do here. I'm done wasting time on you.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Why don't you go troll on some other site as it is pretty obvious that is what you trying to do here. I'm done wasting time on you.

His limited knowledge of the Canucks (and even more limited knowledge of the complexities of running a team in the NHL), indicate that he is more a fan of his countrymen on the team, rather than the team itself.  The Canucks have an endless supply of Swedes on their team, as well as in their prospect pool, so he'll have lots of things to complain about.  He would likely fair much better on the HFboards -Canucks.

I don't know if he is a troll, but some of his posts are inflammatory.  It might be a good idea to have this member on ignore, or just not respond to his comments, as he seems unable to 'let things go' and continually repeats himself.

People who don't get responses from there posts, generally get bored and go away.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

he seems unable to 'let things go' and continually repeats himself.

So you don't think all the negative posts about Gud, Poliot, Loui, etc isn't from fans continually repeating themselves?

The one thing that I do, continually, is to show flaws in leadership(mostly anyway) and that seems to be very bad for some fans. 

Why is Green and Benning protected so hard from you guys? 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Very easy for a poster to made a thread/board look bad too.   :ph34r:

Talk about you guys acting like a bunch of sissies and cry out in front of each other. Talk about double standards. You call players weak all the time. 

Man up and discuss instead. And of course, put me on ignore if you can't handle a discussion. 

I assume you won't put me on ignore Rob. How else can you defend your darlings that give you your monthly paycheck. B)

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Talk about you guys acting like a bunch of sissies and cry out in front of each other. Talk about double standards. You call players weak all the time. 

Man up and discuss instead. And of course, put me on ignore if you can't handle a discussion. 

I assume you won't put me on ignore Rob. How else can you defend your darlings that give you your monthly paycheck. B)

Now only if Loui could play as good as you troll lol 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So you don't think all the negative posts about Gud, Poliot, Loui, etc isn't from fans continually repeating themselves?

The one thing that I do, continually, is to show flaws in leadership(mostly anyway) and that seems to be very bad for some fans. 

Why is Green and Benning protected so hard from you guys? 

Gudbranson - no one including himself would say he had a good time here. In fact, he said he didn't play well as he would have liked to. Not a bad guy, just not the right fit.

Pouliot - was a fringe defenceman that ended up being even more of a fringe defenceman after being here. His inconsistent play made him unreliable to be kept in the lineup. Eventually he was phased out. Again, not a bad guy, but maybe not the right fit.

Loui - had 30+ goal seasons on different teams. Was expecting to inject some much needed offence. Didn't happen. He was relegated down the roster, though you could tell he was trying his best to perform, but didn't.

Loui is clearly the best signing of the three UFAs that year (Lucic and Neal), yet he is criticized for not producing. Guess what? The other two are ALSO feeling the heat for not producing. The fact is... this is a performance oriented business. If you don't perform, you get the heat until you do.

Green does get torched sometimes for his line deployments.

Benning? What is there to torch? He has singlehanded changed scouting success for this team. His best player (through the help of his scouts) is Pettersson. Enough said.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Same.

I hated the signing but then came around - he was a Canuck so I was gonna be behind him.

Then I was hoping he’d score in his first game - then he did...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, nzan said:

Same.

I hated the signing but then came around - he was a Canuck so I was gonna be behind him.

Then I was hoping he’d score in his first game - then he did...

Then i was hoping he would find a supply of west coast weed... then he did... the rest is history :)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Well, Loui is honest when talking to journalists and Benning is applauded when people think he's honest. GM material then... ::D

Well you're wrong there.  Benning is criticized when he is honest and of course he is always honest.  Too honest.

The thing with Loui is that with the Vancouver media, he is respectful and thoughtful etc and then we hear some things from Sweden through twitter that sounds so out of character for him.  What is it?  Does he feel more at ease to speak his mind in Sweden?  As if whatever he says won't get back to Vancouver and be translated by google.  I'm sure he's not a stupid man.  Or is the Swedish media standing up for their home-boy?  I think the reality is that Eriksson isn't quite the player he used to be.  He's 33, soon to be 34 and we never know what age that players start to decline.

I don't blame anybody here.   

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Well you're wrong there.  Benning is criticized when he is honest and of course he is always honest.  Too honest.

The thing with Loui is that with the Vancouver media, he is respectful and thoughtful etc and then we hear some things from Sweden through twitter that sounds so out of character for him.  What is it?  Does he feel more at ease to speak his mind in Sweden?  As if whatever he says won't get back to Vancouver and be translated by google.  I'm sure he's not a stupid man.  Or is the Swedish media standing up for their home-boy?  I think the reality is that Eriksson isn't quite the player he used to be.  He's 33, soon to be 34 and we never know what age that players start to decline.

I don't blame anybody here.   

The headlines, other journos and some fans assumptions made it look worse than it was. 

I was nearly alone here to think Benning was really bad when he talked about both Dahlen and the Loui situation. Not GM material. 

The rest of the fans jumped the bandwagon and it's not pretty. Benning isn`t paid to start fires or put more wood on the fire. He is paid to make the brand Vancouver Canucks as popular as it can be. Wich he isn't when he makes dumb comments like he has. 

The swedish journalist didn't stand up for Loui if the journo wasn't a stupid one that not knows how fans react in Canada. 

Benning should have said something like: We all know journalist loves a bad headline but I will talk with him as soon as he's back from his vacation. 

It't been a long season for him so i hope he enjoys the summer with his family. //

If Benning had said something like that he would have taken some pressure of the situation and fans, some anyway, knows that it's not a big deal. 

• Wat 2