The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

18 hours ago, redhdlois said:

Interesting.  Canucks buy out Cogs and keep Comeau (he's a tough player, great depth and still has value; perhaps a TDL guy). He might even be picked up on waivers.  But then again, why wouldn't Dallas do this?:unsure:

If the Canucks could swing this deal, it would a win/win for the team and Loui.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Interesting.  Canucks buy out Cogs and keep Comeau (he's a tough player, great depth and still has value; perhaps a TDL guy). He might even be picked up on waivers.  But then again, why wouldn't Dallas do this?:unsure:

If the Canucks could swing this deal, it would a win/win for the team and Loui.

can't buy out anyone this year anymore (other than those that go to arbitration) but worst case if you can't use either guy you can save 2 mil in cap this year sending them both to Utica but they both could conceivably make the team too. It would be a very good deal for us. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

can't buy out anyone this year anymore (other than those that go to arbitration) but worst case if you can't use either guy you can save 2 mil in cap this year sending them both to Utica but they both could conceivably make the team too. It would be a very good deal for us. 

That's still cheaper than Loui.  I think that Comeau would be claimed though (which would be great).  Dallas would have to really be thinking that Loui can restore some of his past glory though.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

That's still cheaper than Loui.  I think that Comeau would be claimed though (which would be great).  Dallas would have to really be thinking that Loui can restore some of his past glory though.

well, he does have a very good history there. Dallas did have a good PK unit tho so there's no burning need there. Loui is a skill upgrade on these two guys... or at least you'd have to believe he would be. I think that time with Bo at the end of the season showed there's something left there but dunno... seems like Dallas would be helping us out unless there are some good prospects going their way too. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

today is loui's big pay day so lets get the ball rollin now!

Just to make it official,.

With Louie picking up his 4m signing bonus to-date.. 

to date, over the past 3 seasons,..                24 Million dollars usd for 31 goals.

Do you think he walked into, or phoned the office and thanked anyone?  

Very close to $775,000.oo per goal.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

With Louie picking up his 4m signing bonus today.. 

to date, over the past 3 seasons,..                24 Million dollars usd for 31 goals.

Jeez Sam, that is really rubbing it in. Maybe he sent flowers instead. Classy Nylander was buying new uni's for his fans. Let's start a Swedish bidding war!:frantic::towel:

• Haha 3

On 7/15/2019 at 12:17 PM, SilentSam said:

With Louie picking up his 4m signing bonus to-date.. 

Don't forget that goal he scored on his own net!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Goofing around with FaceApp:

E44878F7-7D20-4C82-918B-1E881CFA694D.jpeg.4877f971634daef326ec781a0a57d0db.jpeg

I guess just Eriksson’s decline through his 30’s got me wondering what “old Loui” might look like. :lol:

Haha, it's his Bday today to boot!  

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Loui signs in the Swedish Elite League, are the Canucks still on the hook for his contract? 

I'm not sure about this but think he would have to terminate his existing contract in order to sign in Sweden as I believe there is a agreement in place with most European countries except for Russia. Reasonably sure he could sign in Russia and that would automatically void his existing contract. Perhaps Rob Zepp or Sid Is Me, has a more definitive answer to this.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Loui signs in the Swedish Elite League, are the Canucks still on the hook for his contract? 

We could 'loan' him but then we only get roughly the same cap compensation as waiving him to the AHL.

Or he could retire or mutually terminate and play over there, in which case all his cap is gone.

Clearly the latter is preferred.

32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We could 'loan' him but then we only get roughly the same cap compensation as waiving him to the AHL.

Or he could retire or mutually terminate and play over there, in which case all his cap is gone.

Clearly the latter is preferred.

loaning him does help us in the sense we don't have to overload Utica with veterans. It would be a nice thing to do as well I suppose to put him in Dallas close to his family, might buy Jim some cred with players.