The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Canucks want Tommernes back after terminating contract last year

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Benning may want to give this kid a shot again. He might be the next Forsling that got away and heating up in the SEL.

@grantmccagg: Vancouver may want to try to get dman Tommernes back over next season if they still own his rights.  Tearing up the Swedish league.

He is turning 27 this summer, ufa.

9 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Benning may want to give this kid a shot again. He might be the next Forsling that got away and heating up in the SEL.

@grantmccagg: Vancouver may want to try to get dman Tommernes back over next season if they still own his rights.  Tearing up the Swedish league.

I know he's a defenseman, but his story is closer to Rodin than Forsling, no?

Neway sure hope his 176 pound listed on hockeydb is not up-to-date, otherwise he'll be the next Larsen, more than anything else.

I had to look up the circumstances: http://canucksarmy.com/2015/1/8/tommernes-terminated-more-moves-coming

I would think if no one else grabbing him off waivers...  where did you hear the rumour? Please don't say Botchford.... 

oops - reading comprehension - I see the tweet now :blush:

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

1 hour ago, BigCountry18 said:

The Swedish connection between the Canucks and Sweden has always been strong.

Seems like the only "ex-Canuck player" that works for the team as a scout worth anything over the years has been Thomas Gradin  (granted he might only look good because of the craptacular scouts with the team in the past).

Archived