The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] [TDL Deal] VAN - CBJ

First, I would suggest adding proposal to the title before people come for your head. It's a minor point but just word of advice. But honestly, if Columbus was to say, experience an injury, I could see them making a trade to keep this going. That town is buzzing right now, and they will not tolerate the team going down due to mass injury again.

A 26 year old Chris Tanev could be intriguing. PLD is still a third overall pick though. We would have to offer up a little more, but I like a basic framework of this.

2 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Chris Tanev 

for

PLD

fair trade Columbus wins the cup we win it in a couple years all good

1 hour ago, Mr.53 said:

First, I would suggest adding proposal to the title before people come for your head. It's a minor point but just word of advice. But honestly, if Columbus was to say, experience an injury, I could see them making a trade to keep this going. That town is buzzing right now, and they will not tolerate the team going down due to mass injury again.

A 26 year old Chris Tanev could be intriguing. PLD is still a third overall pick though. We would have to offer up a little more, but I like a basic framework of this.

I think it's a pretty fair deal considering they're getting a top 2 defenseman for a top prospect. But of course this depends upon the availability of comparable defensemen of Tanev's calibre.  

1 hour ago, Mr.53 said:

First, I would suggest adding proposal to the title before people come for your head. It's a minor point but just word of advice.

This.

More to the point of your post, I think Columbus laughs at giving up on Dubois so early. We need to add more to make that work.

I don't see this happening,  at least not a straight 1-for-1 deal.  I'm not familiar enough with CBJ to know if they're maneuvering to 'all in' mode but this would be that type of move imo.   PLD is their future - you don't give that up unless you're pretty sure you can win now.  Their crew hasn't been battle tested in the playoffs so going all in would be a great risk in my view. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Wouldn't Torts rather want the Twins?

Why,  does he need some shot-blockers?

12 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Their crew hasn't been battle tested in the playoffs so going all in would be a great risk in my view. 

This is particularly true of their d-core which has little-to-no significant playoff experience.   Tanev would be a valuable asset to them in this regard.  

This proposal would be too beneficial for the Canucks franchise therefore I don't believe it would happen. 

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

Columbus is annoyed with you;

Sorry, no way a top team wants to make changes unless is costing them picks/players that aren't in the NHL.

Not so sure it's such a change as you may think. Bringing in a guy like Tanev would make there d-core even stronger. Unless anybody else was coming our way, the only change it would make would be strengthening their defence and probably causing youngsters Murray and Nutivaara to possibly sit a game here and there. 

4 hours ago, ajhockey said:

This.

More to the point of your post, I think Columbus laughs at giving up on Dubois so early. We need to add more to make that work.

In the OPs defense

CDC, after such a non productive WJC thus fat would be offering PLD as part of a package for Kane so he's probably not far off for this forums mind set

10 hours ago, Mr.53 said:

9 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

I think it's a pretty fair deal considering they're getting a top 2 defenseman for a top prospect. But of course this depends upon the availability of comparable defensemen of Tanev's calibre.  

Columbus has absolutely no need for Tanev. 

13 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Chris Tanev 

for

PLD

fair trade Columbus wins the cup we win it in a couple years all good

Not sure why you're getting minus'd so harshly, if CBJ wanted to do that deal i'd be ecstatic. 

It needs more pieces tho for the cap space. I could see something more along the lines of them sending us Boone Jenner and a pick... but we could probably get more than that out of other teams if Tanev is really on the table. 

We could probably get TO's 1st round pick and JVR for Tanev and maybe the Torts 2018 2nd. 

25 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Not sure why you're getting minus'd so harshly, if CBJ wanted to do that deal i'd be ecstatic. 

It needs more pieces tho for the cap space. I could see something more along the lines of them sending us Boone Jenner and a pick... but we could probably get more than that out of other teams if Tanev is really on the table. 

We could probably get TO's 1st round pick and JVR for Tanev and maybe the Torts 2018 2nd. 

Almost rather have Kapanen, 1st, +(?). JVR's just another body to protect, who we'd probably have to overpay to keep.

Archived