The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

2 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I wasn't one of the people running around with a Subban boner, but it's a fair point. Beyond just losing Tryamkin, there's the opportunity cost of giving other guys games. I personally think McEneny has surpassed both the aforementioned, but it would have been nice to give Pedan some games. 

I wasnt one running around with a subban boner either but most people do because his last name is subban but its hard to say lost opportunity for subban and pedan when tryamkin was a better option at the time. So its easy for that tool jay janower to make a stupid comment like that.

Just now, stawns said:

Because I've watched almost every Comets game since the beginning of December

So what? You have no idea how a guy will respond until you give him that opportunity. We had plenty of meaningless games to try him. And it would have been no lose for management because if he $&!# the bed it's an I told you so moment for them. If he does great they look like geniuses.

6 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

To you guys saying this is a Russian thing... imagine yourself playing hockey in China for a year.  You don't know the language and find it so hard to learn... you can't adapt to the culture, you don't like the environment you live in, you hate Chinese food, you don't know what the hell the coach is saying.  On top of that, your team sucks.  And you are not given the vote of confidence of an enticing contract for the coming years.  All this has an impact on your 'happiness rating'.  So you choose to go home.

There's more at play here than Tryamkin's nationality.  The external factors should not be underestimated or ignored.  Those are the most likely reasons that Tryamkin (or any foreign player) is packing his bags to go home.  But I think he is off base in blaming WD.  I think it's just a convenient and dishonest excuse that hides his real reasons.  One that might have burned the bridge to his coming back in the future.

It's a pity that we won't see the best of Tryamkin.  He has the potential to play like a beast like Chara.  Some people say 'nah, he doesn't play tough and mean enough'.  But don't forget this season was only his first.  He could most definitely grow into that type of player with the right mentoring and coaching.  He's got all the tools to be a great all around defenseman.  Too bad it won't be with the Canucks.

No one is blaming him. Most of us have never been put in a situation like he has away from home and family. We're just saying that this is why it's not worth the risk alot of times.

This even puts goldobin as slightly more of a flight risk as we have as total of 0 Russians under contract right now aside from him.

So yes. He has a right to go home. We have to respect that. But you have to understand why we have a bitter taste in our mouths regarding Russian players. That's 2/4 this year for us.

Man, that's &^@#ing stupid. Pisses me off. This team got weaker, smaller, softer, and less reliable on the back end all because he decided to leave. The guy plays a big part now and going forward. Did nobody relay this to him, his importance here? The only one on this team with any real muscle now is Gudbranson. 

2 hours ago, Baggins said:

As I said earlier, it's why Russians often go lower in the draft than they are ranked. Some it's all about money, others come and decide they prefer the motherland.

You bet.  The KHL changed things for sure and you can't really blame them.  If we lived there and watched our best players leave it wouldn't be easy. 

10 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

To you guys saying this is a Russian thing... imagine yourself playing hockey in China for a year.  You don't know the language and find it so hard to learn... you can't adapt to the culture, you don't like the environment you live in, you hate Chinese food, you don't know what the hell the coach is saying.  On top of that, your team sucks.  And you are not given the vote of confidence of an enticing contract for the coming years.  All this has an impact on your 'happiness rating'.  So you choose to go home.

There's more at play here than Tryamkin's nationality.  The external factors should not be underestimated or ignored.  Those are the most likely reasons that Tryamkin (or any foreign player) is packing his bags to go home.  But I think he is off base in blaming WD.  I think it's just a convenient and dishonest excuse that hides his real reasons.  One that might have burned the bridge to his coming back in the future.

It's a pity that we won't see the best of Tryamkin.  He has the potential to play like a beast like Chara.  Some people say 'nah, he doesn't play tough and mean enough'.  But don't forget this season was only his first.  He could most definitely grow into that type of player with the right mentoring and coaching.  He's got all the tools to be a great all around defenseman.  Too bad it won't be with the Canucks.

He does mention about missing his family and home country and that is fair.

Much is being made of the hockey.  

Do people realize that the Russian community in the lower mainland is not exactly small.  A Russian friend of mine said there are 200,000 Russians here and they have their own newspaper etc.  It's not as isolated as in the early 90's when Bure came.  Having said that, family is different.  The time difference in Yekaterinburg is 12 hours.

His direct quote is "I had no idea how I was getting my ice time, some nights it's was 20 minutes, some 16, and some 12. But why that changed from night to night, I'm not sure".

Points more towards the coaching staff than anything else, and yet they are retaining Doug Jarvis?? 

:(

Anyone know if we can expose his rights to Vegas?

And

What does this mean about Svechnikov next year I wonder.  GMs around the league have to have been paying attention to our giant tree on skates this year and watching him and Nicushkin, two of the more promsing young russian players bolt is probably going to affect that decision on Svechnikovs draft rank next year the same way it did Nicushkins in 2013

But, can we expose his rights to Vegas?

2 minutes ago, Bovechkin said:

His direct quote is "I had no idea how I was getting my ice time, some nights it's was 20 minutes, some 16, and some 12. But why that changed from night to night, I'm not sure".

Points more towards the coaching staff than anything else, and yet they are retaining Doug Jarvis?? 

Did Tyramkin not get the memo that Wille got fired?

1 minute ago, Bovechkin said:

For all the talk about Willie being a great motivator and communicator, this statement is damning. Couple that with Willie's irretrievably stupid comments regarding going after Marchand, and no wonder Tryamkin bolted. Although with Willie gone, one would think that Tryamkin would see a fresh start, but maybe, as some have alluded to, Lidster's dismissal was part of the impetus.

Archived