The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, SingleThorn said:

Do we know who they are ? Love to remind them ! Schadenfreude !

If I knew, I'd be doing it. :lol:

The only vlogger I was aware of before that video was the older guy in the beginning. I'm going to give him a pass though as I've seen other videos of his, and liked them, and his reaction was more of "huh, really?" than "OMG BENNING IS TEH WORSTEST EVAH!!!" (He also knew how to pronounce "Pettersson")

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Jesus, both of those guys in blue shirts at the end made me want to stab myself in the ear drums to make it stop. I hope that Canucks fans routinely send them reminders of that video every once and awhile. 

Most of the vloggers pronouncing it "Peterson" was amusing as well. 

I think it'd also be funny if the end of the video was updated every once and awhile as Pettersson racks up points and accolades. 

To be fair Benning said Peterson when he drafted him. :lol:

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Jake doesnt play like he has half the brains as Hansen. Somehow can't see Jake evolving into someone who sees the game so well to be an extremely effective honey-badger in penalty-kills or defensive coverage. 

From what i am seeing him, i think his ceiling is somewhere around the 'average in the D-zone but learns to use his size, speed and decent shot to his advantage in the O-zone while playing with excellent players. I don't think that makes him a better version of Hansen. 

....well you are in for a surprise then, Jake just got it together over the summer, he is our best backchecker as of last game, he is our fastest player and he has been hitting like a truck.

The goals are about to come as well...he will get 15+ this year and be a solid 20 goal scorer next year....all while providing stuff that Nylander or Ehlers never will be able to.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

1jOO.gif

On 6/23/2017 at 6:06 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

I thought Glass was a good fit for Vancouver but he was also a safe pick.  The actual pick that Canucks made is not a safe one but the ceiling is probably about as high as any player in the draft over their current baseline (e.g. room to actually grow).   Kid oozes skill, speed and smarts and his shootout moves are sick.   This pick will rub the instant gratification crowd the wrong way but I can see that Benning and his squad took at shot here and it appears he is going all in on high skill, speed etc.    

I would think those wanting Canucks to draft best available player in terms of upside, you probably are very happy tonight.

Seems a lot more reasonable than the drivel combover was spewing.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Seems a lot more reasonable than the drivel combover was spewing.

Not a fan of going back to a year and a half ago and highlighting people's emotional kneejerk reactions to a pick in an a very transparent attempt to undermine all future opinions of said person.

• Upvote 1

Small sample size, but Elias Pettersson has 6 points in 3 games, with 3 of those being goals. His talent has contributed to the Canucks' potent powerplay, with 4 of his 6 points coming off the powerplay. He is also winning 55.17% of his draws. Looking good so far for the young rookie, but again small sample size.

Apart from Nik Goldobin and Loui Eriksson benefiting from Pettersson, the next player who has benefitted the most is Alexander Edler. Edler has 4 points in 3 games, with 3 of those points from his role as powerplay quarterback. 

Again, small sample size. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Small sample size, but Elias Pettersson has 6 points in 3 games, with 3 of those being goals. His talent has contributed to the Canucks' potent powerplay, with 4 of his 6 points coming off the powerplay. He is also winning 55.17% of his draws. Looking good so far for the young rookie, but again small sample size.

Apart from Nik Goldobin and Loui Eriksson benefiting from Pettersson, the next player who has benefitted the most is Alexander Edler. Edler has 4 points in 3 games, with 3 of those points from his role as powerplay quarterback. 

Again, small sample size. 

He was apparently 70(!) precent in the dot tonight: