The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, ohmy said:

Is EP okay?

Yeah, he took the next shift on the PP. This is the second or third time opponents have attempted to take liberties on him. 

Another thing I'm noticing is the amount of slashes these guys do. It's really a bad habit. High sticking, blatant slashes, really really horrible to watch.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Yikes, Elias Petterson received a predatory headshot to the face...

In a strange way - isn't it better that this happens in that league where he's going to have that split second more reaction time (bigger ice surface) and the opponents will be a notch below NHL caliber, rather than this happening in the NHL where certain guys make a living out of this type of behavior/play on a nightly basis? 

That between the legs pass is actually the smart (and "safe") play and not showboating in that instance. With the defender closing, a straight back pass possibly gets disrupted. But going between the legs actually prevents the defender getting his stick on the pass. Knowing Pettersson, I'm sure he had the vision and awareness to "feel" that defender closing in and just went into his bag of tricks to find a move that would raise the percentages on completing a successful pass. Of course, for this to work, a player needs elite level puck skills, vision, and awareness--all of which Pettersson has in spades. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/18/2017 at 11:37 AM, 73 Percent said:

He's 165... That's 20 lbs. That's alot of weight to add lol.

Yup. Gonna take at least a couple years. He could potentially add that in a year but with playing hockey that's improbable.

Gonna be a mentally draining few years for him.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

noticed a ton of nifty intuition and hockey sense.
bobbled a few times had a good scoring chances for him i htought
can u count how many times he falls down?

Give me the spoilers until I can watch the package tonight; was it sarcasm and few, or genuine and many? I love these packages by the way, so much more to see than just highlights. Really appreciate you putting them together, I've watched a few in the past. Cheers!

On 9/18/2017 at 0:03 PM, 73 Percent said:

Biology aside. He has to add alot of weight to get to 185. No matter how he adds it, strength training, eating cheetos or maturing be needs to add alot of weight to even get to your 185 standards. That is fact. 

All he has to do is get away from hockey for about a month and join me and my buds at the cabin - no problem putting on 20 even 30 pounds as I watched two guys who were pros do it with ease.   Damn, it was easy but will say it took some dedicated effort to not wavering from a strict regime of little movement and lots of caloric intake (apparently in liquid form).   Distribution of the mass is a bit of an issue potentially.  

• Upvote 1