The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

He's got some tough competition for minutes though. Boucher and Perron are regular producers in the AHL. MacEwen and Bailey are on the cusp of getting NHL games. Plus there's a high possibility we see a winger or two get waived and potentially sent down as well. Then he's competing with the likes of Jasek and Gadjovich for time amongst younger players.

I'm not worried about competition amongst Utica's own roster.

The AHL is a developmental league - that's why the Canucks have Utica in their organization.   Young kids like Lind aren't going to be benched because of cast-offs like LE or Schaller or whoever else gets waived and sent down.  

JB and Green know that the only way kids like Lind and Gajo develop is if they play regularly in all situations. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

The AHL is a developmental league - that's why the Canucks have Utica in their organization.   Young kids like Lind aren't going to be benched because of cast-offs like LE or Schaller or whoever else gets waived and sent down.  

JB and Green know that the only way kids like Lind and Gajo develop is if they play regularly in all situations. 

But the part of development is competition. You have to beat out the competition for minutes. It's works that way at the big club and should be the same right through Utica. Utica has paying fans as well and they want to see wins. So they need to build a competitive team as well which in turns allows the best development should those plays earn the spots that contribute to winning. If they don't, then they need to improve to get there. Guys like Lind might not be benched but if he wants the top productive minutes, he will need to produce. JB and Green have always talked about earning spots.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

This is said every year and then every year fans get pissy because guys like LE or Schaller, if they do get sent down, end up getting lots of ice time because the AHL coach wants to win every game and those players simply are better than our prospects for the most part.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This is said every year and then every year fans get pissy because guys like LE or Schaller, if they do get sent down, end up getting lots of ice time because the AHL coach wants to win every game and those players simply are better than our prospects for the most part.

Well we all know hat Schaller plays like so it Lind can't beat him out, sorry, so be it

I like this. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I see this as a positive step.  A statement that this is his team and how well he and his team performs will determine his opportunity to advance to the next level.  So many kids that are hyped in juniors think they will step right into the NHL and forget that it takes hard work in the AHL first.

• Cheers 2

On 8/29/2019 at 5:55 PM, canucklehead44 said:

I forgot how good his +1 season. He had 11 more points than Dube. Dube scored 39 points in 37 AHL games. Strange how that works sometimes. 

The Comets weren't exactly a great place for anyone last year as they had to deal with injuries to the Canucks, but also to their own roster.  Kind is a long, long way from being a write off.

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bure_Pavel said:

Still a little salty we didnt take Nic Hague with this pick. They had to be rated pretty close as Hague was a projected mid first rounder on a lot of lists. Dman vs winger, you should always good with Dman if rated similarly. A Dman with a cannon of a shot is something we still severely lack.  

I wanted Hague too.  Big d man that racked a lot of points and has a mean streak.  

Can't have enough d men in the system.  Picking Woo in the second the following draft have me some relief.  Lind was injured and finished way, way better.  

• Upvote 1

I love those sweaters.  The one they used to honor those who were wounded or killed in action (Purple Heart Recipients) was an amazing sweater as well.  There is an article on the Comet's website about how they are the first Hockey team to be recognized by the Purple Heart Hall.  Encouraging to see how they have  supported Vets in this way.

On 8/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, Fanuck said:

But does Cull know ??????

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/ben-kuzma-lind-gadjovich-need-to-turn-competitive-corner-with-comets?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1567983786

AHL veterans are important to prospect development.  To those who were getting their pants in a knot last year because Hamilton and Bancks got ice time, need to understand they are good examples to guys like Gadj and Lind.

Well put....

If you don't have the veteran presence, how would they be able to measure themselves?

And, as can clearly be seen, The veterans help these youngsters understand and overcome the obstacles they meet during their transition.

Very well spoken by Gadjovich... Really rooting for these kids to to take a giant leap over the next couple of years.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/ben-kuzma-lind-gadjovich-need-to-turn-competitive-corner-with-comets?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1567983786

AHL veterans are important to prospect development.  To those who were getting their pants in a knot last year because Hamilton and Bancks got ice time, need to understand they are good examples to guys like Gadj and Lind.

Those same people need to realize that the AHL isn't a prospect showcase. It's a developmental league. You develop by doing what it takes to beat out the competition (sounds awfully familiar to what management has been saying along to those that care to listen). If you can overcome the challenges in the AHL, then you will have a much easier time getting to the NHL and sticking. If the idea is to just give the prospects with big minutes and they will figure it out, then might as well do that at the NHL level too.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Just ordered my Utica AHLTV subscription.  Looking forward to watching KL & JG taking a good next step and they will play play-off games as well.

Yeah. - me too.  Was so much better last season with HD streaming.

• Cheers 1