The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

20 hours ago, 204CanucksFan said:

So why hasn't he 'taken control of the line' this season. Boeser and Horvat have more points than Miller. Pearson has as many goals as Miller. 

troll GIF

Due to injuries to Beagle, Miller’s role has changed, now he is killing penalties and drawing key defensive assignments. Meanwhile, Pettersson, who according to you is not fragile, continues to suntan with a minor owie (can’t be anything major cuz he’s not fragile) is out with (according to the Canucks initial report) a day to day, minor upper body injury, until he gets a new contract. 

Why would he work for a mere mil when the guy (that according to you he is better than) is getting five mil? Maybe he is preparing for a new career juggling while riding a unicycle and singing like Dimash Kudaibergen.

Lind seems to be smart defensively and makes good decisions with the puck. He goes to the right places without. It would be nice to see how he does with PK .

He is not overly big but is starting to feel more comfortable and is getting more physical at this level. He through a couple of solid hits last game.

He is looking like he could be a good fit on the bottom six.

I would like to see him get some time at center. He seems to distribute the puck well.

Edited by appleboy
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

I’m surprised that I haven’t seen anyone mention his takeaways last night. 

He stripped a couple of Oilers in the neutral zone with great plays. 

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I’m surprised that I haven’t seen anyone mention his takeaways last night. 

He stripped a couple of Oilers in the neutral zone with great plays. 

He also had a pretty big hit but I do not remember it well

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

He also had a pretty big hit but I do not remember it well

Yup, on the Edmonton d-man on the forecheck. 

I like the way he’s being deployed right now, playing with good players and put in situations to succeed. 

23 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yup, on the Edmonton d-man on the forecheck. 

I like the way he’s being deployed right now, playing with good players and put in situations to succeed. 

What you didn’t like the Guaddette approach? Just seeing how many anchors in the bottom 6 can you hook to him?

26 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Gaudette was the anchor. happy he is gone

The problem with Gaudette was he felt that he belonged in the top six. Guys like that are not usually willing to apply themselves when asked to do the dirty work.

Lind made it very clear that he knows what the Canucks need from him. He is getting top line roles right now but will obviously be asked to be a role player. That is where he is needed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

The problem with Gaudette was he felt that he belonged in the top six. Guys like that are not usually willing to apply themselves when asked to do the dirty work.

Lind made it very clear that he knows what the Canucks need from him. He is getting top line roles right now but will obviously be asked to be a role player. That is where he is needed.

Lind looks top 9, but I would have no issue with him playing 4th line to begin the season. I like more of his game, each time I see him, he's improved. I'm guessing Pods will be slotted in the one of the first two lines. This season is a write off, I can't wait to see what's in store in the fall.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lind looks like a smart player. But he needs to work on his skating. His stride is too short and upper body is too upright. Bo - you got the phone number of your coach handy?

Quite a few could avail themselves of Kathy McLlwain's teaching .....

Lind, Gadjovich,  Podkolzin 

With Bo, I think it was almost a whole summer's work, so a simple 1 or 2 weeks around training camp prolly wouldn't accomplish much

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Yikes you probably are happy with our bottom 6s scoring out put to eh?

Their role is to help keep the puck out of the net. They are role players. When they do their job, I am happy. Gaudette caused more goals to be scored on and rarely scored because he is not good. That means he has no role on the bottom 6 and there are better players to fill the top 6.

I guess you like losing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Gaudette was the anchor. happy he is gone

Probably a bit harsh... :lol:The kids has some talent, just zero two way game. Needs to be put in an optimum, sheltered role, to have success. Lind (especially if he further improves his skating) appears to be a far better fit.

22 hours ago, appleboy said:

Exactly. AKA, not 'a guy you win with' and not a long term fit here.

I get it, people complain about the (underwhelming) return but he really wasn't THAT good to get much better and it was that, or let him walk for nothing in the summer. You #asset management folks should be happy Benning got anything for him rather than that alternative. 

But yeah, otherwise, I'm right there wishing we'd moved him (and Virtanen) last year when it was clear (to me) neither was a long term fit. I can also understand the thinking on seeing if they could take another step though. Especially if last year's offers were near/as equally underwhelming.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 2