The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

23 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, we can't let Gadj get claimed. He'll be scooped up for sure. I've seen enough from Big Mac to say that I don't think there's much more there. Gadj is coming off a (shortened) AHL season where he was close to a goal game, and considering his skating has taken a big step forward I think he has to be on this roster opening night.

I'm not a big 3C Miller guy. I like him with Pete. That being said I really like the thought of Gadjo Miller Podkolzin. I think he would be a great mentor for those 2. If Hoglanders abilities 5v5 continue to flourish especially deep and along the wall I think Green should look at trying Miller between those 2 and trying Hog w Pete.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 1:09 AM, DeNiro said:

The funny thing is I think there’s a good chance that we could claim Lind back if we wanted. Looks like he’ll be waived by Seattle.

That being said, after seeing Gadjovichs improved skating Im really glad they chose Lind over him. That mix of size and skill is hard to come by. Plus he’s not afraid to drop the mitts.

I haven't seen him enough yet but he didn't look very quick from the little that I did see.  Is this a real concern?

10 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I haven't seen him enough yet but he didn't look very quick from the little that I did see.  Is this a real concern?

He's not a burner and he never will be, but he drastically improved his footspeed from "problem" to "acceptable". 

If everything breaks right for him, Gadjovich could become a Franzen like player. The question is will they?

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, McBackup said:

He's not a burner and he never will be, but he drastically improved his footspeed from "problem" to "acceptable". 

If everything breaks right for him, Gadjovich could become a Franzen like player. The question is will they?

I could see him becoming a lot like Patric Hornqvist if all goes well. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:35 PM, hammertime said:

I'm not a big 3C Miller guy. I like him with Pete. That being said I really like the thought of Gadjo Miller Podkolzin. I think he would be a great mentor for those 2. If Hoglanders abilities 5v5 continue to flourish especially deep and along the wall I think Green should look at trying Miller between those 2 and trying Hog w Pete.

I felt Hogs would compliment Petey's game well, and figured they'd be 2/3 of our top line some day. 

Hogs Petey Bess

Pearson Horvat Garland

Gadj Miller Podz

Motte Sutter Dicks

Assuming Hoglander takes the step to be capable of a 1st line role (and I believe he will), this gives us a very solid top 6, and the 3rd would be relentless to play against, but if the wingers develop, could score at a good clip too. 4th line is purely shutdown, but should be pretty elite in that capacity.

I love the options Green has now to find the right forward mix. Quite a lot of talent to work with.

• Cheers 2

Having Gadj turnout would be a huge win for this org. We've been in the need of some players that love causing havoc for the opposing team in front of their net. Bo is decent at it at times, but I've been waiting for someone with a Kesler-like edge to his game to make that his house. Rooting for this guy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Big Gadj deserved more of a look in pre-season than he got based on his play. He was good in every game he played, with some goal production too.

Hope he plays angry down in Abby.

I'm going to be absolutely livid if we lose him to waivers.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Big Gadj deserved more of a look in pre-season than he got based on his play. He was good in every game he played, with some goal production too.

Hope he plays angry down in Abby.

He hasn’t been cut you know right?

Teams always have some prospects that are on the fringe of making it who end up being cut, for whatever reason, and placed on waivers.  It would suck to lose Gadjovich after the years invested into his development by the team and investment by fans, but I guess it's just part of the game.  Who knows if management tried trading him prior to placing him on waivers.

I wonder if Aidan McDonough's play in College has made the risk of losing Gadjovich less of a concern for management.  McDonough obviously hasn't played any games at pro yet, but Gadjovich's "breakthrough" year was last year when, prior to that, there were real question marks if he could make a go of it at all.  It would be great to see Gadjovich have success with the NHL Canucks and I will admit that I'm a bit surprised that they aren't at least giving him a chance to start the season given injuries to Sutter and Motte, but maybe they see him as a guy that is top 6/9 or bust and don't see him outplaying any of the other players pushing for spots in that group.