The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have absolutely no star power!!!

trailers

It's fun watching a bunch of kids emerge together. Twins, KB3, Kes, Burr, Jannik, etc...We're maybe approaching another of these cycles.

Whoever is hand-wringing, whinging & navel-gazing, I recommend an additional hobby or two.

The proverbial kids in the back asking, "Are we there YET?"..Let's not become that.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

If you read the article it's not actually their list.  It's a number crunching list created by a site that deals in analytics. 

anal-ytics eh? even better. Honestly I'm looking forward to the day when fans here don't care what eastern writers have to say, we need to grow up a little out here. 

The Sedins are no longer stars? They continue to be at the top of the teams scoring at 36, have broken almost every Canucks record, we're top line players last year. They might not be as dynamic as they once were, but they still deserve star players respect. Bo is our next upcoming star, and Boeser, Pettersson, Juolevi and Demko could be stars one day. Be neat if THN wrote an article about how fast Benning filled the prospect pool from basically nothing, how the future could be very bright in Vancouver. Neat.  

tumblr_lni410TLfh1qlnnk4o1_500.gif

The article is just saying that we have none now and it's accurate (with the possible exception of Bo) That can change over time starting 3 to five years from now when the kids start making the team out of camp or develop and possible luck in drafts during that time

3 hours ago, Mr.53 said:

Agreed. We have absolutely no star power. The Sedins are past their prime, and guys like Horvat, Hutton, and Stecher are before their prime. Right now, we are in a spot with no real star power, but that doesn't mean we don't have players that can play. I'm excited about the start of next season.

In 2 years time almost of our forwards in the top 9 will be 20 goal guys. I am also very excited. So much that Im gonna get cable again.. No more reddit.. Lol cheers to being hopful! 

Looks like a lot of people here didn't read the article...

It's saying that if you take an aggregated measure of balanced stats, our players are making less of an impact than other teams' players. This is not that complicated. We have been an abysmal team for three years (the length of their "study"). It's not at all controversial that we have no "stars" who're carrying the team. Horvat, Henrik, Daniel. All them are outside of the parameters set up by the study.

So, go ahead and gripe about the bias of Eastern media or whatever else, saying we totally have stars. Fact is, our team has sucked and probably will suck for a year or two more. What this article could do for us, as a fanbase, is make us more critical of our moves and create upwards pressure on management to be creative and include analytics in their decision-making (something they did with Dahlen, Petterson, Goldobin, and all of our FA signings).

I just don't get why people are pissed off. It's only a model, not fu&king Camelot.

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Bo lead the team in points, got the most D zone starts on the team, is a top PK, and WENT TO THE ALLSTAR GAME  at the age of 22.

No star?  What?

lol. Wasn't that because there had to be a player from every team? Not sure how that assertion holds any water.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

True, buts that's why you should be most excited about what happens on or before the 2018 TDL.

Patience, grasshopper. Let it die a natural death so JB can resurrect it. We hope. 

I feel like I'm at the end of the first act of "The Reanimator"

Archived