The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disaster ahead ? Lets share our thoughts

realfan201777

I really  think we are going to go on a scoreless spree for some time after seeing todays performance and playoff hopes will be lost. Canucks were playing really well until today.  Edler needs to be traded asap. Really the scary thing is who is going to create the offense like horvat and put the puck in the net for the next 6 weeks ?  We need to bring up  another  star like Horvat who can create some offense and score while he is out to keep our playoff hopes alive!! Considering we couldnt even hit the net today offense is going to be a HUGE issue.  Who do you all have in mind that can do horvats job until he is out??  With that offensive performance we are going to be in a lot of trouble which could potentially destroy a good start to a season. And ffs can we hit the net?  And seriously we need someone who can bomb the puck from the point on powerplays instead of these little wristers which get blocked 95% of the time.  Seriously is sami SALO still around lol?  Boeser cannot hold up the offense by himself and he will slowly get frustrated. It just shows how we cannot hold our game together after 1 star gets injured. I hope for quick recovery for horvat and sutter. Its also about time we give our Jordan Subban a chance just to see how he performs if Tanev is out (hopefully not). Hint Hint our team has performed better as we got younger. Maybe he will fire off  with some offense and give the team a boost.!!  Oh and where is reid boucher? I think he performs much better than goldobin. 

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I'm also worried with Bo out for that long, but it's just been 1 game, give it a few more till we get to this stage.

Nothing to worry about J, just get on with acceptance..

We're screwed with Bo, Sutter, Guddy, Dors and now Tanev, injured..

Hey, maybe the Nux can go .500 until guys return and we'll still be in the hunt. We're missing a few very key guys and it's going to show. 

Injuries and rebuilding!

16 minutes ago, realfan201777 said:

Really the scary thing is who is going to create the offense like horvat and put the puck in the net for the next 6 weeks ?  

Granny had some really good looks tonight. Loui's been great with the Sedins. Brock is still rocking and rolling. Bo certainly will be missed but all is not lost. We do need some serious offense from our bottom six though (looking at you Burmi, Gaunce, Virt).

34 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

Granny had some really good looks tonight. Loui's been great with the Sedins. Brock is still rocking and rolling. Bo certainly will be missed but all is not lost. We do need some serious offense from our bottom six though (looking at you Burmi, Gaunce, Virt).

Don't forget our D.  They need to get the puck through, plain and simple.

Let's it play itself out for a few games before jumping to the gun.  Keep in mind that we are playing majority of games at home and Green will have the favorable last change in a match-up game and he is slated to make a return about after the bye week in January or so unless timeline is set by the doctor either, shorter or longer than we think.  We'll find out what the Canucks are made of without Horvat and if they do well then we'd have the depth than we didn't think of.  I think that the Flyers' game is one-off due to massive adjustment for all and they will rebound with a practice tomorrow to figure things out with chemistry for a month.   I have a feeling that someone will step it up with his absence.  

I think that the Sedin should be split up to spread the talent for two different scoring lines if we doesn't do well in next 5 games without Horvat and would be a good time to experiment things without Horvat.

I didn't get to see the game, only the highlights, but we had 37 shots (18 blocked) and six penalties against (gave up 2pp goals). That sounds more like we ran into a good goalie and had trouble staying out of the box than playing bad.

Besides, it's only one game. You're also ignoring that Tommy Gun, Loui, and the Twins have been scoring more lately. and that players like Granlund or Burmistrov will get the chance to play a more offensive role. If we go a few more games scoring one or fewer goals, you can worry more. Even then, we have goalies who can potentially steal games for us.

For now, no need to have a knee-jerk reaction. That's something you expect from a casual fan, not someone who has "real fan" in their name.

5 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

If ever there was a time to try splitting the Twins, maybe this is it. One for one might not be enough to fix the Bo absence. 

Put Hank between Brock and Sven/Goldobin and put Granny between Loui and Danny.

8 hours ago, realfan201777 said:

I really  think we are going to go on a scoreless spree for some time after seeing todays performance and playoff hopes will be lost. Canucks were playing really well until today.  Edler needs to be traded asap. Really the scary thing is who is going to create the offense like horvat and put the puck in the net for the next 6 weeks ?  We need to bring up  another  star like Horvat who can create some offense and score while he is out to keep our playoff hopes alive!! Considering we couldnt even hit the net today offense is going to be a HUGE issue.  Who do you all have in mind that can do horvats job until he is out??  With that offensive performance we are going to be in a lot of trouble which could potentially destroy a good start to a season. And ffs can we hit the net?  And seriously we need someone who can bomb the puck from the point on powerplays instead of these little wristers which get blocked 95% of the time.  Seriously is sami SALO still around lol?  Boeser cannot hold up the offense by himself and he will slowly get frustrated. It just shows how we cannot hold our game together after 1 star gets injured. I hope for quick recovery for horvat and sutter. Its also about time we give our Jordan Subban a chance just to see how he performs if Tanev is out (hopefully not). Hint Hint our team has performed better as we got younger. Maybe he will fire off  with some offense and give the team a boost.!!  Oh and where is reid boucher? I think he performs much better than goldobin. 

One loss after 3 wins in a row and the sky is falling.  Thinks Subban is the answer.  lol...

The fact that we've played as well as we have with the injuries we've had is a testament to the depth that Benning has created in the team.  Bo out hurts, but there are still plenty of NHL ready players waiting in the wings.  Unlike previous years, where these guys have been a staple of the roster (and I'm talking about Chaput and Megna in past years) they are now much further down the depth chart.  There isn't anyone of Bo's calibre to replace him, but there are guys who can play the game.  Additionally, Sutter is closer to returning as is Gudbranson.  Wiercoch, Biega and Holm are both waiting in the wings for spots on the D line.

It's funny, we get a bunch of chances, but still get shut out and all of a sudden there's a 'problem'.  Day before yesterday people were planning the parade.  No, chicken little, I don't think the sky is falling, just hockey as usual in Van City.

There's no disaster here. If the loss of Horvat derails the whole season then that's just a testament to how not-ready this team is to compete. A team that needs nearly everything to go its way to just make the playoffs needs more depth and more fine-tuning if it wants to be a contender, and that takes more time.

Archived