The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disaster ahead ? Lets share our thoughts

realfan201777

Dorsett, Horvat,sutter,Gud, and tanev left early last night. Hard for any club to cover those players out let alone a team still in the early stages of a rebuild.

Yup times will be tough, atleast we had great start and the team has been playing well even in most loses. 

I'm not willing to throw in the towel just yet.  Sutter and Guddy will be back soon and hopefully Dowd will help out as well.  The team will have to adjust to not having Bo playing, but it is possible for them to continue on with their competitive style of play.

Losing Bo is huge and I fully expect them to slip in the standings, but I think there is a lot of character on this team and they will step up.  Keep on, keep on, boys!

25 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

We'll have to see if Burmi is the right man to fill Horvat's place for the time being but I'm doubting it.  Perhaps move Granlund up to that line and let Chaput fill Granlund's original spot.

I'm no coach and don't know who should move where, but that reverse move back into our zone of Burmi's to kill PK time was, dare I say....dumb?!?!?!?!?? I don't scold my TV much during 'Nuck games, but that was one of the rare times.

Though the team played well and got many shots on the opposing goalie, they seemed to show signs of a bit of fatigue. The progression of injuries and increased minutes to the remaining core could be having an affect. That being said...........it's only been one game since Bo's absence. No panic yet.

6 hours ago, Indecisive said:

I didn't get to see the game, only the highlights, but we had 37 shots (18 blocked) and six penalties against (gave up 2pp goals). That sounds more like we ran into a good goalie and had trouble staying out of the box than playing bad.

Besides, it's only one game. You're also ignoring that Tommy Gun, Loui, and the Twins have been scoring more lately. and that players like Granlund or Burmistrov will get the chance to play a more offensive role. If we go a few more games scoring one or fewer goals, you can worry more. Even then, we have goalies who can potentially steal games for us.

For now, no need to have a knee-jerk reaction. That's something you expect from a casual fan, not someone who has "real fan" in their name.

They also missed the net on some solid chances several times. 

I had a feeling threads like this were going to appear. Just didn't think it would be this fast.

Take a deep breath and let the Canucks play some games before we all jump off a cliff. Sheesh. This fanbase sometimes...

11 hours ago, realfan201777 said:

I really  think we are going to go on a scoreless spree for some time after seeing todays performance and playoff hopes will be lost. Canucks were playing really well until today.  Edler needs to be traded asap. Really the scary thing is who is going to create the offense like horvat and put the puck in the net for the next 6 weeks ?  We need to bring up  another  star like Horvat who can create some offense and score while he is out to keep our playoff hopes alive!! Considering we couldnt even hit the net today offense is going to be a HUGE issue.  Who do you all have in mind that can do horvats job until he is out??  With that offensive performance we are going to be in a lot of trouble which could potentially destroy a good start to a season. And ffs can we hit the net?  And seriously we need someone who can bomb the puck from the point on powerplays instead of these little wristers which get blocked 95% of the time.  Seriously is sami SALO still around lol?  Boeser cannot hold up the offense by himself and he will slowly get frustrated. It just shows how we cannot hold our game together after 1 star gets injured. I hope for quick recovery for horvat and sutter. Its also about time we give our Jordan Subban a chance just to see how he performs if Tanev is out (hopefully not). Hint Hint our team has performed better as we got younger. Maybe he will fire off  with some offense and give the team a boost.!!  Oh and where is reid boucher? I think he performs much better than goldobin. 

Is it such a disaster for us to fall off the proverbial cliff to the bottom of the standings, and securing another top five draft pick?  We have a lot of great young players coming up, to join with our current young guys (all lead by Bo, of course) so adding another one or two will only make our rebuilt team all the better, no?

They sure didn't look very good last night. Goes to show how important Horvat is to this team. He does everything well, and now the rest have to pick up the slack. Burmistrov is struggling a bit, I'd like to see more offence from him. Hoping Goldobin takes another step, and of course Gaunce. They really need Sutter back too.  

11 hours ago, realfan201777 said:

I really  think we are going to go on a scoreless spree for some time after seeing todays performance and playoff hopes will be lost. Canucks were playing really well until today.  Edler needs to be traded asap. Really the scary thing is who is going to create the offense like horvat and put the puck in the net for the next 6 weeks ?  We need to bring up  another  star like Horvat who can create some offense and score while he is out to keep our playoff hopes alive!! Considering we couldnt even hit the net today offense is going to be a HUGE issue.  Who do you all have in mind that can do horvats job until he is out??  With that offensive performance we are going to be in a lot of trouble which could potentially destroy a good start to a season. And ffs can we hit the net?  And seriously we need someone who can bomb the puck from the point on powerplays instead of these little wristers which get blocked 95% of the time.  Seriously is sami SALO still around lol?  Boeser cannot hold up the offense by himself and he will slowly get frustrated. It just shows how we cannot hold our game together after 1 star gets injured. I hope for quick recovery for horvat and sutter. Its also about time we give our Jordan Subban a chance just to see how he performs if Tanev is out (hopefully not). Hint Hint our team has performed better as we got younger. Maybe he will fire off  with some offense and give the team a boost.!!  Oh and where is reid boucher? I think he performs much better than goldobin. 

spoken like a real fan..... or not

Every team goes through injuries. Even the best teams find a way to win without their star players. We just need to see who will step up in the absence of Bo Horvat and Brandon Sutter.

If it weren't for Jim Benning signing all those free agency depth players, we would be in even more trouble with the likes of Chaput and Megna in the line up (see last year). I'm actually glad he is bring proactive and trading for someone like Nic Dowd, who should be able to slot in and play some meaningful minutes until Sutter returns.

13 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Maybe it is a blessing in disguise for the organization. It may cement our position as sellers at the TDL :)

I fully agree with you.  We will either weather the storm, and remain in the hunt for  playoff spot, or fall way off pace.  If that happens, we get a high pick/stud prospect to add to our pool, and possible a few more picks by selling at the TDL.  

Long term, this may be a blessing in disguise.

14 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I fully agree with you.  We will either weather the storm, and remain in the hunt for  playoff spot, or fall way off pace.  If that happens, we get a high pick/stud prospect to add to our pool, and possible a few more picks by selling at the TDL.  

Long term, this may be a blessing in disguise.

The team was always on the cusp of having a problem, there was/is just no depth. Injuries to any of 5 different players have a profound impact on this team. If either of the Sedins is out it would still hurt, Tanev, Horvat and even Edler are all almost enough to put the team in trouble. 

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

The team was always on the cusp of having a problem, there was/is just no depth.

derp.

they've already lost

Tanev

Edler

Gudbranson

Stecher

Sutter

Eriksson

Dorsett

this year, and now Horvat in addition

are in a wildcard position nevertheless - but they were 'always on the cusp' and there was no depth lol.

their depth is what has kept them where they are to this point.

Archived