The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oracle predicts we win the Cup this season or next

alt kilgore

Fun idea for a topic.

How the Canucks could theoretically be cup contenders by next season.

I'll take a stab at it. 

- We win the lottery and draft Dahlin, who makes the team and proceeds to have an Ekblad-esque rookie season.

- Canucks sign Tavares in the offseason. 

- EP makes the team out of training camp and is immediately as good as we all think he is.

- Juolevi shows up to camp and plays lights out.

- Sedins sign a one year deal.

- Gaudette makes the team and is a solid middle 6 player right off the bat.

- Tryamkin decides to come back cuz reasons.

- Virtanen takes the next step and becomes a 20 goal scorer.

- Horvat takes a step forward and pots 70 points. Selke nominee.

- Bear Cheese nets 50+ points.

- Demko gets called up part ways through the season and plays lights out, becoming our starter. One of Markstrom/Nilson starts playing far better as a backup.

etc etc etc...

10 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Fun idea for a topic.

I'll take a stab at it. 

- We win the lottery and draft Dahlin, who makes the team and proceeds to have an Ekblad-esque rookie season.

- EP makes the team out of training camp and is immediately as good as we all think he is.

- Demko gets called up part ways through the season and plays lights out, becoming our starter. One of Markstrom/Nilson starts playing far better as a backup.

etc etc etc...

Ep-tavares-virt

Baer-bo-boeser

Sedin-sedin-granny

Eriksson-gaudette-sutter

Gagne-gaunce-goldobin

Dahlin-tanev

Tryamkin-stecher

Edler-guddy

Pouliot-mdz

Demko. 

Lol I tried to work with what u gave us. 

9 hours ago, kilgore said:

I don't know if anyone caught this interview on 650 about a month ago. At the time I didn't give it much thought. But it is a little uncanny hearing it now. 

In it she went against the grain to predict a Toronto Argonauts Grey Cup win. But also said some interesting things about the Canucks. This was before the injuries to Horvat, Baer, and Tanev. In spite of how well we were doing she saw us having a big drop. But then improving again. She had a dream where she saw us win the Cup either this season or next. 

Not that I actually believe in this kind of voodoo mumbo-jumbo normally, but with a healthy killer B line and Tanev back... Who knows? There is something magic about this new refreshed team with Travis Green at the helm when everyone is healthy. Maybe Tram even comes back to solidify our defence.

Alright I've got some tea leaves to read. Happy New Year all! It might be better than we could hope for. B)

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_demand/Oracle-Laura-on-Starting-Lineup-sl-20171124-Interview.mp3

I would be most estatic if this were true.  I believe in these things but I have never heard of an Oracle in modern times.  I'm curious if we may be so lucky.  A 50th year celebrity win would be fantastic even! What are we at now year 47?  ^^ in 3 years we will be much deeper.  Pettersson, Juolevi, Gaudette, 2017 first round pick, possibly the 2018th first round pick.  Lind / Gadjo?  We could be much deeper if the likes of Pettersson/Gaduette can produce more points then we will lose from the Sedin's in their departure.  Olli and the 2017 pick could be the real difference makers.  Even if as I predict Pettersson will put up 70-75% of the twins combined points Gaudette would push us up to their "totals" with them combined at least.  Then you add in Olli who is believed to be way better then Edler in his prime then toss in development of Virtanen and the new picks! woohooo.  Petrus Palmu for the win.

33 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ep-tavares-virt

Baer-bo-boeser

Sedin-sedin-granny

Eriksson-gaudette-sutter

Gagne-gaunce-goldobin

Dahlin-tanev

Tryamkin-stecher

Edler-guddy

Pouliot-mdz

Demko. 

Lol I tried to work with what u gave us. 

that is a deadly lineup. 

II would swap boeser and virt tho.  Greener has Boeser as his #1 guy already. 

Pettersson - Tavaeres - Boeser

Baerstchi - Horvat - Virtanen

Curious what the plan is with a lot of our depth being moved on?  I guess Dowd replaces the man body we lose in Burmistrov but do we now have enough room for guys to join the roster ie Gaudette/Petterrsson/Dahlen.   Even a first line of Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser next season would be bananass lol. sign me up!

9 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

At the start of the 2011 Stanley cup playoffs famous Vancouver psychic Cassandra Maclean predicted the Canucks to win it all and was so sure of it.  It was posted as a Vancouver sun article in this forum and of course no one believed it.  

Well yeah, no one believed it and they were correct

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Fun idea for a topic.

I'll take a stab at it. 

etc etc etc...

Edler waives his NMC to go to CHI for a pick

Gagner retires

We re-sign Vanek for another bargain deal

Petersson - Tavares - Boeser

Bear - Horvat - Virtanen

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek

Gaudette - Granlund - Eriksson

Tryamkin - Tanev

Joulevi - Guddy

Pouliout/MDX - MDZ/Stetcher

Demko

Nilsson

Not gonna lie, kind of like the potential- still not hugely physical team but neither were the Hawks when they started becoming a dynasty... and Tavares/Boeser scoring would be disgusting, Horvat on a second line.. we could score our way out of trouble.

I had a dream the other night that we beat the Flames in a regular season home game (sometime in the next few season) by the score of 11-1. Because in that dream, Will Lockwood scored his first NHL goal in that game. It was weird and realistic cuz it was like I was actually watching a game with commentary as well. Even remember Granlund scored a goal and Baertchi has one foot on the crease, Flames coach challenge for goalie interference but late on it was deem a good goal. Don’t remember all the details but it’s one of those dreams that it seemed so real. The game ended 11-1 with us scoring about 5 goals in the span of 3 minute and a bit more. Weird detailed dream. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I had a dream the other night that we beat the Flames in a regular season home game (sometime in the next few season) by the score of 11-1. Because in that dream, Will Lockwood scored his first NHL goal in that game. It was weird and realistic cuz it was like I was actually watching a game with commentary as well. Even remember Granlund scored a goal and Baertchi has one foot on the crease, Flames coach challenge for goalie interference but late on it was deem a good goal. Don’t remember all the details but it’s one of those dreams that it seemed so real. The game ended 11-1 with us scoring about 5 goals in the span of 3 minute and a bit more. Weird detailed dream. :ph34r:

Premonition dream.....I had one once about an NFL game.....dreamt what the score was, and luckily I had picked it right in my pool ;)

Archived