The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dowd=Megma=Vey

kingofsurrey

Is Nic Dowd  a  shiny new version of  Jason Megma who was the new  shiny version of Linden Vey.....

Great garage sale  finds  ( super discounted )  that looked great once they first  came home but didn't hold up  very well  with  heavy usage.....

Good teams are built through centre ice....... just sayin......

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

[ (Dowd + Megna + Chaput) ^ Jim Agnew ] = [ (Gaunce + John McIntyre + Richard Park) ^ Marc Chouinard ]

Your math skills are amazing......

(PEMDAS).

“Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.”

This trick for remembering the order of operations reminds you of which steps to take and when: Parentheses/grouping symbols, Exponents/roots, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract

6 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your math skills are amazing......

(PEMDAS).

“Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally.”

This trick for remembering the order of operations reminds you of which steps to take and when: Parentheses/grouping symbols, Exponents/roots, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract

What about that post made you think I needed remedial grade school math education?  I used extra parentheses to make the post easier to understand for everyone, but there's nothing mathematically incorrect about it.

38 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Is Nic Dowd  a  shiny new version of  Jason Megma who was the new  shiny version of Linden Vey.....

Great garage sale  finds  ( super discounted )  that looked great once they first  came home but didn't hold up  very well  with  heavy usage.....

no Dowd is actually useful at times. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Dowd > Subban that's all the matters

Oh and JB brought him in for a career AHL'er to be depth and help for until Bo and Sutter are back

Your view that 'good tems are built through centre ice is correct' but it also seems to be implying JB brought him in for an 1) Expensive asset -no  2) that he's meant to be a 'core' piece - such an implied statement is absurd

Yes you build through center ice that's why right now when healthy we look like this

Bo

Henrik

Sutter

Granlund/Gauce/Dowd

Future:

Petersson

Gaudette

Why you're bellyaching about Dowd only you know

He's more of a Ryan Johnson imo... defensive player that provides minimal offense, although his defensive effectiveness is difficult to gauge at the moment given how awful we look as a whole. Vey and Megna were given boatloads of opportunities in offensive roles where they didn't belong. Dowd is purely a bottom six guy and he's fine in that role, so as long as he doesn't get put on the PP or with the Sedins like Megna inexplicably did, I have no problems with him being in the lineup.

In fairness to Vey, he was dealing with some pretty heavy personal stuff around the time he was with the Canucks. (I mean his father did conspire to murder his mother with his mistress)... I'd have a hard time playing hockey at the highest level with that in the back of my head all the time. I think being in the KHL has let him to find his game. He's still young enough to make one more run in the NHL. Question will be when??? and with who???

34 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Yes you build through center ice that's why right now when healthy we look like this

Bo

Henrik

Sutter

Granlund/Gauce/Dowd

Future:

Petersson

Gaudette

Yes, pretty hard to win when 2 of top 3 centres are hurt at the same time ......

Really gives a chance for the other centres to step up.... too bad they   ( Granlund/Gauce/Dowd )  haven't  seized the opportunity......

Archived