The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alexandre Burrows suspended 10 games

Alex Burrows suspension  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Marchand who gets suspended all the time elbows someone in the head an injures them and he gets 5... Burrows didn't even injure Hall.

exactly. This is what bugs me about the suspension. Burr is certainly deserving of a suspension, however, you cannot tell me that a flying blindside elbow to the head at full speed is "Cleaner" than what Burr did

5 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

exactly. This is what bugs me about the suspension. Burr is certainly deserving of a suspension, however, you cannot tell me that a flying blindside elbow to the head at full speed is "Cleaner" than what Burr did

Dude, still with this narrative? What burr has done is x10 more dangerous than a blindside elbow. Yes Hall didn't get injured but still intentionally driving your knee into the back of the head of someone multiple times is absolutely dangerous and just unusual. I'm actually quite surprised and glad that Hall wasn't injured at all. 

I know Marchand certainly has had more run ins with the DOPS but that still shouldn't negate this kind of action even if the player has the lesser of the history.

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Hard to not say he didn't deserve this.

It just doesn't compare to other suspensions for repeat offenders through-out the league ie Marchand. 

Guess it depends on points

Agree. He did deserve it, but that rat Marchand deserved at least that much if not more...

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Dude, still with this narrative? What burr has done is x10 more dangerous than a blindside elbow. Yes Hall didn't get injured but still intentionally driving your knee into the back of the head of someone multiple times is absolutely dangerous and just unusual. I'm actually quite surprised and glad that Hall wasn't injured at all. 

I know Marchand certainly has had more run ins with the DOPS but that still shouldn't negate this kind of action even if the player has the lesser of the history.

They both should have got 10 games, and Marchand should not have been in the all star game.

If the league wants to stop being 'bush league' about this stuff, they need to step it up and quit being bush league.

As is, it's definitely a favouritist league depending on how well liked your owner is. By how well liked I mean how rich and/or influential at the NHL board of governors.

There's a reason why Marchand never sees this kind of "discipline"

Burr very publically called out Auger.
Auger = the NHL
Therefore
Burr called out the NHL
and the NHL has a long memory

0474-roger_.jpg

so......................  this is a big *wink *wink from the League 

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

:picard:

Archived