Sign in to follow this  
48MPHSlapShot

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

True that.  But I don't see Benning exposing Lind over Motte.  Lind could be a very good 3rd line winger to replace Jake.  And MacEwen is one of the few players we have with size and grit who can fight.  Motte may not even get selected as there will be several middle six players available from other teams for Seattle to choose from that will be cheaper than Motte.  

There may be a case for Lind, but I think that heavily depends on how he performs this year. 

As an aside, does Lind even need to be protected? I'm not exactly sure on the rules.

The next stage for Lind is to dominate the AHL and earn at least his 9 games, as he's already done well in Utica and needs to take another step. I think if he's just a solid player without any NHL games by the time the ED rolls around, Benning would be nuts to protect him over Motte.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

There may be a case for Lind, but I think that heavily depends on how he performs this year. 

As an aside, does Lind even need to be protected? I'm not exactly sure on the rules.

The next stage for Lind is to dominate the AHL and earn at least his 9 games, as he's already done well in Utica and needs to take another step. I think if he's just a solid player without any NHL games by the time the ED rolls around, Benning would be nuts to protect him over Motte.

Yes Lind needs protection.  I agree he needs to prove himself.  He had a breakout year last year with Utica so if he continues on that pace he could be called up to the big club this year and may even play NHL hockey.  It all depends on how he performs but I do see him as an NHL player and someone who can play a 3rd line role with a solid 200' game and a little nasty streak to him.  Plus he is a good set up man from the wing spot, so he might actually be a good fit for Gaudette who is more of a scorer than pure centre.  Lind can even take draws so I can see him and Gaudette switching positions at times.  

• Hydration 1