The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

Motte exits the Canucks 155th in all-time Canuck scoring.  Not bad when some people would have rather a 7th round pick over him.  Kinda interesting comparables just above and below him.

154.  Jarkko Ruutu RW 267 23 28 51
155.  Tyler Motte C 196 28 22 50
156.  Marc Crawford LW 176 19 31 50

Through playoff and regular season, Motte wore the Canuck jersey 213 times.  Pictured below are some other players in that range.

Spoiler

1271065044_20220322_1249131.thumb.jpg.c0ce39c39b06673ee554993a077da888.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Motte exits the Canucks 155th in all-time Canuck scoring.  Not bad when some people would have rather a 7th round pick over him.  Kinda interesting comparables just above and below him.

154.  Jarkko Ruutu RW 267 23 28 51
155.  Tyler Motte C 196 28 22 50
156.  Marc Crawford LW 176 19 31 50

Through playoff and regular season, Motte wore the Canuck jersey 213 times.  Pictured below are some other players in that range.

Hide contents

1271065044_20220322_1249131.thumb.jpg.c0ce39c39b06673ee554993a077da888.jpg

I see you sort your hockey cards too. I used to take great pleasure in sorting all my cards by total career points.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I see you sort your hockey cards too. I used to take great pleasure in sorting all my cards by total career points.

Yes, my Canucks binder at least.  I thought about using points, but then all the goalies would be at the back.  I settled on games played, heh, about the only metric you could use that would put Harold Snepsts on the same page as Henrik Sedin.  And really, belong on the "same page" when you're talking about important Canucks in Canucks lore.  Decided to use playoff + regular season games because the theme of the binder is I'll have when I'm done (only need 5 now), 1 card for every Canuck that played a meaningful game in a Canuck jersey their card as a Canuck.

• Cheers 3

• 1 month later...

Motte getting a lot of love from Rangers management .....

- never realized how good he is 

- can play up and down the line, blends with anyone

- faster than we thought

- fearless. Will hit anything. Blocks everything

These from the Rangers commentary team

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Googlie said:

- faster than we thought

Never heard what the nature of his injury was? He looked good last night. He can really drive the play with his speed. 

On 5/18/2022 at 6:00 PM, Googlie said:

- faster than we thought

There's a lot to love about Tyler Motte.  Very happy and not surprising to hear the praise he's getting from the NYR management. 

Still supportive of the trade but I am glad that Motter is getting the chance to play for the Lord Stanley's mug.  Of all the past Canucks players still vying for the Stanley Cup, he's the guy I'm most pulling for.

Would have loved to seen a fourth line with Motte on LW and Lockwood on RW...but Motte at a rumored/reported $2.5M+ cap hit would have been tough for the team to do.  Having Motte and Lockwood on the fourth line together looks like part of a protypical Jim Rutherford constructed team.

Edited by bigbadcanucks

4 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Would have loved to seen a fourth line with Motte on LW and Lockwood on RW...but Motte at a rumored/reported $2.5M+ cap hit would have been tough for the team to do.  Having Motte and Lockwood on the fourth line together looks like part of a protypical Jim Rutherford constructed team.

I'd love that too. 

I'm still hoping for the slight chance he comes back and signs here for around 1.5 per. I love the guy and think he is a great 4th liner, even though I do agree anything above 2 mil per is too much money (if he gets that elsewhere though, I'm happy for him) 

49 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I miss Motte.:(

Would much rather have him over Dickinson or some other depth forwards.

Such a shame a contract agreement couldn't be reached. I wonder how much he'll sign for in the off-season.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if new management and a fairly average stint with NYR means that Motte drops his asking price and signs with the Canucks? He only scored 2 goals with the Rangers during the playoffs, in a combined 24 games all up. We all know he checks hard and did a great job as a shutdown, PKer with NYR, but 2 goals in 24 games shouldn't earn you 2-3M. I understood his demands playing with the Canucks where he was scoring at a 12-ish goal, 25 point pace, but who knows - maybe his agent will test the waters, no one will bite and he'll circle back for 1.5M?

Either way it's as if the Canucks have moved on from him but I'm sure Bruce would take him back in a heart-beat because that line won us a lot of games and Bruce relied on them heavily, and we weren't the same team after he left.

10 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if new management and a fairly average stint with NYR means that Motte drops his asking price and signs with the Canucks? He only scored 2 goals with the Rangers during the playoffs, in a combined 24 games all up. We all know he checks hard and did a great job as a shutdown, PKer with NYR, but 2 goals in 24 games shouldn't earn you 2-3M. I understood his demands playing with the Canucks where he was scoring at a 12-ish goal, 25 point pace, but who knows - maybe his agent will test the waters, no one will bite and he'll circle back for 1.5M?

Either way it's as if the Canucks have moved on from him but I'm sure Bruce would take him back in a heart-beat because that line won us a lot of games and Bruce relied on them heavily, and we weren't the same team after he left.

I will be salty if Vancouver makes the same mistake they did with Stecher and lets Motte sign in FA for super cheap somewhere else. If he's willing to sign for anything less than $2M, I think you do what you can to make it work IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I think Motte needs to also fire his agent(s).  I'm not convinced he's getting good advice from them.

Motte is exactly the type of player who could end up without a chair after the free agent frenzy music stops.

On 6/23/2022 at 3:26 PM, -AJ- said:

I will be salty if Vancouver makes the same mistake they did with Stecher and lets Motte sign in FA for super cheap somewhere else. If he's willing to sign for anything less than $2M, I think you do what you can to make it work IMO.

Agreed!

Bring him back!

• Cheers 1