The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Tanev to Vancouver

This is a crazy proposal but the thing is we have exactly 100% of what it takes to make it work.

To Vancouver: 

Chris Tanev

We get a solid top 4 defenceman who is a calming influence in an otherwise tire-fire of a backend who can also mentor Juolevi.

Best of all, we don't need to give up anything for him.   

2 hours ago, NHL'er said:

This is a crazy proposal but the thing is we have exactly 100% of what it takes to make it work.

To Vancouver: 

Chris Tanev

We get a solid top 4 defenceman who is a calming influence in an otherwise tire-fire of a backend who can also mentor Juolevi.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I thought this was going to be a proposal for his brother :lol:

Me too! I was all ready to come on here and blast away the need for yet another bottom 6 forward...

thank goodness it's instead a sensible approach to an obvious issue...bird in hand mentality...I approve!

I have never thought that trading down is the way to trade up...good OP!

5 hours ago, NHL'er said:

To Vancouver: 

Chris Tanev

Nice work sir! At first however when I read the title I thought you were making a proposal for getting Brandon Tanev out of Winnipeg. Which i'd love!

5 hours ago, NHL'er said:

This is a crazy proposal

Tanev has played 298 games out of 410 games since playing full time with the Canucks. 

Not only is he injury prone, it's getting worse every year since 2014.

2014-2015

70 GP 

2015-2016

69 GP 

2016-2017

53 GP 

2017-2018

42 GP 

Are we even going to get half a season out him next year? 

My point is now is the time to trade Tanev for anything that involves a 1st round pick, we need to bulk up on D in this year's draft! 

46 minutes ago, canuckmen84 said:

Tanev has played 298 games out of 410 games since playing full time with the Canucks. 

Not only is he injury prone, it's getting worse every year since 2014.

2014-2015

70 GP 

2015-2016

69 GP 

2016-2017

53 GP 

2017-2018

42 GP 

Are we even going to get half a season out him next year? 

My point is now is the time to trade Tanev for anything that involves a 1st round pick, we need to bulk up on D in this year's draft!

Stop bringing facts into the equation!  There's a thread full of fanboys here that you're going to make cry.  He can be a calming influence AND mentor Juolevi from the trainers table as well as from his couch at home darnit! 

Nevermind that since he played half the games last season, he basically got paid the same as someone making well over 8 million AAV.

For the time that he's on the ice, he's very good, but he's brittle.  Nobody will give a high pick for a defenseman who should have "fragile" tatoo'd on his forehead.  Well, maybe Garth Snow....

Archived