The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Petey sticking to his guns. Well, the good news is that this keeps management accountable. They need to win consistently moving forward. Next key signings for Benning will be Miller and Horvat. 

At least Petey will still be RFA by the time his deal ends. 

Hughes on the other hand, man, I can't seem to shake the sense that once this deal expires, he's bolting to NJ to be with Jack and Luke. &^@#.

Who's to say they'll still be in NJ? 

Typical CDC panic for no reason. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Who's to say they'll still be in NJ? 

Typical CDC panic for no reason. 

also, in 6 years we might be looking to re-tool depending on how this window goes. We have no idea what we'll be looking at in 5-6 years.

I still think we got the best Hughes brother of the 3. Jack has a long way to go to be as impactful as Quinn.

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

also, in 6 years we might be looking to re-tool depending on how this window goes. We have no idea what we'll be looking at in 5-6 years.

I still think we got the best Hughes brother of the 3. Jack has a long way to go to be as impactful as Quinn.

I was kind of sad for Stamkos when Tampa won the second Cup. Think of how many players, especially core players, that left Tampa since he was drafted back in 2008. 

The sad part for us is if they ever win a Cup, many of the core players we see today would not be a Canuck by then. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogy said:

I was kind of sad for Stamkos when Tampa won the second Cup. Think of how many players, especially core players, that left Tampa since he was drafted back in 2008. 

The sad part for us is if they ever win a Cup, many of the core players we see today would not be a Canuck by then. 

thats why I'm glad the Sedins are back in the mix. They deserve to be part of a cup winner.

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Petey sticking to his guns. Well, the good news is that this keeps management accountable. They need to win consistently moving forward. Next key signings for Benning will be Miller and Horvat. 

At least Petey will still be RFA by the time his deal ends. 

Hughes on the other hand, man, I can't seem to shake the sense that once this deal expires, he's bolting to NJ to be with Jack and Luke. &^@#.

I don't know if I really understand the purpose of panicing about something that is more likely NOT to happen in 6 years time. What you're stating could happen is way too specific for it to make any sense whatsoever to believe it will happen at this point in time.

For all we know, the other Hughes brothers may not even be in NJ at that time. We might not have a good team. We might have just won the cup. There are way too many possible factors and scenarios for your senses to think like this. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Who knows, Luke and Jack may be retired by then......six years is a long time in the NHL but perhaps Quinn after winning three Cups with the Canucks will want to stay for a fourth...hard to say.   

Alf is that you??

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Heard a stat on the post game show last night. Quinn lead all players in time of possession with 3:30 , second place was Provorov with 1:45. He had the puck on his stick more than double the nearest player. That is truly impressive.

• Vintage 1

QH continues the trend of giving up one breakaway per game from being pushed off the puck at the offensive blueline. Hoping he figures out that sometimes he shouldn't hold onto the puck when being pressured because these giveaways can't contintue to happen. 

12 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

QH continues the trend of giving up one breakaway per game from being pushed off the puck at the offensive blueline. Hoping he figures out that sometimes he shouldn't hold onto the puck when being pressured because these giveaways can't contintue to happen. 

Quinn Hughes also has some of the best possession number there is and I hope Canucks fan realize he doesn’t need to be the most defensive player in the world when you can control the puck the way he does and play more offensive when you are on the ice than defense. We just got $&!# kicked of Buffalo. Eichelless Buffalo. WE ARENT DEFENSIVELY BETTER WITHOUT QUINN HUGHES.

14 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

Sure missed his giveaways last night. Here's to hoping he's back soon. Maintenance day my ass.

3 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Quinn Hughes also has some of the best possession number there is and I hope Canucks fan realize he doesn’t need to be the most defensive player in the world when you can control the puck the way he does and play more offensive when you are on the ice than defense. We just got $&!# kicked of Buffalo. Eichelless Buffalo. WE ARENT DEFENSIVELY BETTER WITHOUT QUINN HUGHES.

Nobody is saying we are better without him. However, there is no denying he needs to be better defensively and clearly you aren’t saying it’s not an issue either, so not sure where you are going with this. He doesn’t need to be “the most defensive player in the world”, but he sure as sh*t can’t be as bad as he has been either.

Edited by HomeBrew

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Okay, this is very impressive.  Consider the era of the players higher than him on this list and how many goals are scored now in general vs then.

Not to be a downer, but Makar always follows Hughes on almost every one of these lists and does it better. He currently had 95 points in 103 games. He's on pace to hit 100 points in 110 games, which would rank him 5th.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Not to be a downer, but Makar always follows Hughes on almost every one of these lists and does it better. He currently had 95 points in 103 games. He's on pace to hit 100 points in 110 games, which would rank him 5th.

It's definitely been like that in the past. But when Hughes has struggled he's recieved his share of criticism. Its makars turn now. 

Admittedly I haven't watched any avs games. In 4 games this season he has 1 secondary assist and is a -9. Colorado is sitting at 1 win, you have to imagine makars play is a large reason why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

It's definitely been like that in the past. But when Hughes has struggled he's recieved his share of criticism. Its makars turn now. 

Admittedly I haven't watched any avs games. In 4 games this season he has 1 secondary assist and is a -9. Colorado is sitting at 1 win, you have to imagine makars play is a large reason why.

You're probably right. I haven't followed the Avs, but if they're doing that poorly and he has those stats, he no doubt has something to do with it.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Totally agree.  Plus, they are two very different players.  Makar loves to rush the puck, where as Quinn prefers to pass.  Makar speeds the game up, and Quinn slows it down.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

You're probably right. I haven't followed the Avs, but if they're doing that poorly and he has those stats, he no doubt has something to do with it.

He has been bad, like really bad. He's getting exposed without Toews and with Nate sucking he's not get those 5 foot assists that gets him so many points. Watched almost all Avs games since last season and said things along those lines but would get called out.

Quinn doesn't get points because of other players, they get points from him.

Seems a lot more aware of his defensive duties so far as well. On his usual point pace while being even. Plus minus.imagine when the forwards start playing better and giving him some easy points, kid could very well be ppg while being much improved goal diffetential.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

He has been bad, like really bad. He's getting exposed without Toews and with Nate sucking he's not get those 5 foot assists that gets him so many points. Watched almost all Avs games since last season and said things along those lines but would get called out.

Quinn doesn't get points because of other players, they get points from him.

Seems a lot more aware of his defensive duties so far as well. On his usual point pace while being even. Plus minus.imagine when the forwards start playing better and giving him some easy points, kid could very well be ppg while being much improved goal diffetential.

I will say that Toews continues to be massively underrated. I had him ranked 5th in my personal Norris votes last year. If Makar struggles without Toews, we might see him get more respect.

• Like 1